Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding 2017

Options
  • 02-06-2015 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Im looking for a small band or DJ for about 50 people. Any info would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

Is it very early to be looking

• Registered Users Posts: 16 olivia2017

I was told to start looking now. As its very hard to get a good band in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

I suppose, just be carefull with handing over deposits and that because a lot of bands break up or the likes with agencies who will mix and match people in the band..

What kinda of music do ye like... If you anywhere near Cork check out the Pav website there is wedding band day in there soon, where they will have a selection of bands there

were really in to everything more pop music. wedding will be in Galway. Thanks ill keep a look out at PAV

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

olivia2017 wrote: »
    Im looking for a small band or DJ for about 50 people. Any info would be great :)

Venus to mars will probably suit you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Not too early, I booked my band last year -we are getting married next July. Our band are very popular and I wanted to make sure we got them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

We've just begun planning our wedding for March 2017 and the venue we wanted was already taken on the day we wanted so had to go a week earlier so we've gotten onto the band we want now to make sure we can get them too and they are booked for a few days that month too. Places and bands seem to book out years in advance so never too early really.

Thanks for all the comments. we have our venue booked already. Im sure ill find a band soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Def not to early. We booked our venue for july next year 3 months ago and only got in there by the skin of our teeth, they had every fri and sat booked bar the friday i was actually looking for. Thankfully!!! In saying that it was a struggle to find a photographer for the date we wanted but eventually got one last week lol. Book the biggest things as early as possible and then you will have loads of time to give yourselves a break from the planning in the middle of it and not be stressed out or have the wedding planning taking over your life.
    It was still lovely though and they were that happy that i don't think it really mattered to them where they got married in the end.

Advertisement