Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday Home trashed in Kerry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Janey mackers

The bannisters were ripped off the stairs?

If a bunch of travellers did this it would be on the front page of some tabloid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Rented out by a number of students, also rented online! are the owners resident in the area? why would they allow a gang of kids into their house without a serious deposit?

Also to say that €4000 damage was dont to a "luxury" house doesn't sound like a lot of damage considering the cost of a handyman or decorators and the repairs or replacement of broken items!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Rented out by a number of students, also rented online! are the owners resident in the area? why would they allow a gang of kids into their house without a serious deposit?

Also to say that €4000 damage was dont to a "luxury" house doesn't sound like a lot of damage considering the cost of a handyman or decorators and the repairs or replacement of broken items!

Am actually looking around at the moment to book a place; and that's why I came across this on boards;

Based on my quick search for holiday homes, I would say:

All the enquiries I have done were made online.
    Standard deposit for damage is €100, where it is applied at all.

Its gas the way people resort to victim blaming as a reflex. The place was trashed. There is no 'other side' to the story.

foggy_lad wrote: »

They probably didn't let on they were students when booking etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭baldbear

Whoever rented the house should be held responsable. A Nightmare for the owners.

• Advertisement
Advertisement