Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keeping same landline number - UPC to Sky

• 02-06-2015 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I am trying to move from UPC to Sky but want to hold onto the same landline phone number, this is proving very problematic for some reason. Even though I make it clear that I would only proceed if I could keep the number. On Friday they told me UPC had put a restriction on the line and Sky couldn't access it so I called UPC who said the only issue was that Sky had tried to do it with the wrong account number, so I call Sky back and give them the correct number (again!) and they go off and try again. I receive a mail from Sky this morning welcoming me to Sky Talk but unfortunately it wasn't possible to give me old number; so I call back again and apparently if I want them to try and port the number again it will take 5 weeks as they will have to cancel down the new number before trying again, yet it was clearly their own mistake as I told them I would not proceed if I could not get the same number. Has anybody had issues taking their old number from UPC to Sky before?, getting pretty shambolic at this stage.

Advertisement