Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NQT - Query

Options
  • 02-06-2015 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Awaiting my results from my finals and am just wondering can I start applying for jobs in Ireland and just say my results are pending or do I wait til after June 22nd when I do have access to my results and transcript?

I understand that I won't have a Teaching Council number til July, just need some advice. TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭kittycati

Most jobs advertised will ask for these but just apply away anyhow. No harm in getting your cv and applications out there.Don't be disheartened if you don't hear back from schools though. Just keep on applying !!! Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Pending is fine once you can prove you have actually applied. You'd be amazes at number who lie and then get cranky when they cant be paid so its best if proof is shown
    if you get appointed then you must prove actual registration which would be in place by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Baxterly13

kittycati wrote: »
    Most jobs advertised will ask for these but just apply away anyhow. No harm in getting your cv and applications out there.Don't be disheartened if you don't hear back from schools though. Just keep on applying !!! Good luck!

Thank you. They never seem to go through the small basic things in Uni :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 engteacher1234

I am not sure if I am in the correct forum! My first time using Boards, I am writing to enquire of many of my fellow NQT-ers have completed their Induction Workshops? I graduated in 2012 and thankfully have been working solidly - maternity covers etc and am currently in a school for the full year. I completed my 300 hours last year and sent them off. I then recieved a letter confirmation from the teaching council that I was no longer an NQT etc. happy days! However I then recieved a phone call during the summer that in fact that letter was incorrect and I am still on probation as I have not completed these 20 hours of workshops and I have to have 10 completed by 31st December or my registration will lapse. I researched where these workshops are held I will have to travel for an hour in an evening after school, have to sort out child minding etc and even at that I will only have 9 completed by 31st December. when i rang the teaching council i was told that I would have to apply for an extension however the form for the extension states that it will only be granted in the event of a bereavement etc. Is this faoir that after 3 going into 4 years of teaching that my registration will lapse and I will no longer get paid?! is there any way I can contest this? I have contacted people I graduated with they told me that these workshops are a complete waste of time and are in noway helpful! again I am unsure if I am in the correct forum aplogies if I am! Any feedback would be great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I am not sure if I am in the correct forum! My first time using Boards, I am writing to enquire of many of my fellow NQT-ers have completed their Induction Workshops? I graduated in 2012 and thankfully have been working solidly - maternity covers etc and am currently in a school for the full year. I completed my 300 hours last year and sent them off. I then recieved a letter confirmation from the teaching council that I was no longer an NQT etc. happy days! However I then recieved a phone call during the summer that in fact that letter was incorrect and I am still on probation as I have not completed these 20 hours of workshops and I have to have 10 completed by 31st December or my registration will lapse. I researched where these workshops are held I will have to travel for an hour in an evening after school, have to sort out child minding etc and even at that I will only have 9 completed by 31st December. when i rang the teaching council i was told that I would have to apply for an extension however the form for the extension states that it will only be granted in the event of a bereavement etc. Is this faoir that after 3 going into 4 years of teaching that my registration will lapse and I will no longer get paid?! is there any way I can contest this? I have contacted people I graduated with they told me that these workshops are a complete waste of time and are in noway helpful! again I am unsure if I am in the correct forum aplogies if I am! Any feedback would be great!

What did your original registration letter say? Mine said conditional on the basis of PQE 300 hours and 12 workshops (it was originally 12 then changed to 10). If you can prove that your original letter of reg didn't mention the workshop requirement maybe it could be used as grounds for extension and that you were unaware you needed to complete them. I doubt you can get out of doing them so I'd getting working on getting them as many completed as you can by Christmas to show you are trying now that you are aware of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Why didn't you do the NQT workshops in the last 3 years? It's not like they are a new thing.

Advertisement