Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Triathlon Slot

Options
  • 02-06-2015 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi Guys. Just saw that the Olympic distance for DCT is sold out. Looking for a place if there is anybody who cannot use theirs.

Thanks

Keith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jmcmen

Same as, If anyone else wants to transfer if would take an entry after Keith please :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Kander

Guess I'm gonna jump in next. Looking for a spot thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Stevo1983

Seen that, gutted.
    Just going to jump into the sprint with my mate instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

I'd also be interested in an Olympic entry if there is one available for transfer.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭s_gr

Likewise also looking for a slot so if anyone not using their's and can transfer......PM me...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Were there less entries this year? Usually they still have entries in the weeks coming up to the race!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Wishful but would also like to join the queue, fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭noc231073

Anyone have any joy with entries .. Know someone looking for an entry ..

Any idea when they being released?

• Advertisement

No idea but I have a feeling they will announce times etc in advance to drum up interest

Looks like Friday they being released......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

s_gr wrote: »
    Any idea when they being released?
    s_gr wrote: »
    Looks like Friday they being released......

Yes Friday it is.

http://www.dublincitytriathlon.com/dct-news/dct-standard-and-super-sprint-slots-available-on-friday-19th-june-1200hrs/

Entry link

http://www.dublincitytriathlon.com/enter-the-race/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

Open!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

signed up to this today - good race? I didn't like the sound of the laps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

The bike laps are a bit of a pain in the ass, but seem to cut down on trains. Technical turns, good surface, it can get congested for later waves. Very well organised race, handles the large numbers well.

If anyone is still looking for a spot let me know. I got one on Friday but looks like I'll be away that weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Steroo wrote: »
    If anyone is still looking for a spot let me know. I got one on Friday but looks like I'll be away that weekend

DCT don't do transfers.
    So each year you have people looking for places & people who can't do it stuck with theirs.

PWEI wrote: »
    DCT don't do transfers.
    So each year you have people looking for places & people who can't do it stuck with theirs.

Last year they did transfers no? They just wouldn't let you transfer to someone in the same club as you or some crap like that?

Last year they did transfers no? They just wouldn't let you transfer to someone in the same club as you or some crap like that?

No last year they didn't. There was somebody here who couldn't do it & I desperately wanted the place. But the reply we got was "no transfers allowed".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I either got a transfer or canceled and got a refund can't remember which one though. Mine was due to injury so may have made exceptions or that.

PWEI wrote: »
    No last year they didn't. There was somebody here who couldn't do it & I desperately wanted the place. But the reply we got was "no transfers allowed".

Told us you could transfer but not to someone in your own club.

http://www.dublincitytriathlon.com/refund-and-transfer-policy-2015/

Told us you could transfer but not to someone in your own club.

http://www.dublincitytriathlon.com/refund-and-transfer-policy-2015/

That's great if that's the case & makes sense.
    However they said the same in 2013 & their race director posted on their FB page that they weren't; (see last comment)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85774042

Last year they definitely weren't accepting transfers though as I emailed them & the reply I got was no transfers allowed
    They were offering refunds up to a certain date in July but after that you were stuck with the entry if you couldn't race.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭his_dudeness

Seeing as the re-release of Standard entries has now gone again and I missed it, I'd happily take one off someones hands if they don't need it.

Seeing as the re-release of Standard entries has now gone again and I missed it, I'd happily take one off someones hands if they don't need it.

You can have mine if they allow it

• Registered Users Posts: 44 redzer_irl

I am looking for a swap for the Super Sprint race if anyone can't use their entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 keithbrowne1

redzer_irl wrote: »
    I am looking for a swap for the Super Sprint race if anyone can't use their entry.

I have a Super Sprint entry that I will transfer if I can get a standard swap, if not il just end up doing to super sprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

Perhaps a bit off topic but I thought I’d ask as people seem to be familiar with the DCT here.

Does anyone know if the 500m swim in the SuperSprint Tri in the DCT is upstream / downstream / combination of both??

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I've only ever done the Olympic but the entry and exit is off the same pontoon so I believe it has to be an up/down combo.
    Inflatable barriers up the middle of the river, turn at a buoy and back down to another. Then about 10 meters back upstream to the pontoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cart man

The Rook wrote: »

Perhaps a bit off topic but I thought I’d ask as people seem to be familiar with the DCT here.

Does anyone know if the 500m swim in the SuperSprint Tri in the DCT is upstream / downstream / combination of both??

Thanks!

From memory it was previously 200m up, 250m down, 50m up. This may change.

Advertisement