Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media: SPECIAL INVESTIGATION: Bessborough Mother and Baby Home

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 joanneq

I spent 5 months in bessboro in 1994 where I had my son who I kept. Things had changed alot by this time & i seriously can not say a bad word about the care I received there although there were some very old retired nuns living there in different section & i certainly wouldn't have wanted to be a young single pregnant girl when they were in charge as one of nuns every time we passed her outside would hold up her big rosary beads & yell burn in hell burn in hell.... she was scary. There was a cot death while I was there & the nuns, the staff couldn't have been nicer to the mother of the baby that died he was given a vwry fitting little funeral which all us girls attended. I honestly feel for any girl who was forced into one of these homes years ago. I am adopted myself & was born in St Patrick's home, navan Rd, dublin in 1972 & hate to think the way my birth mother was treated because she got pregnant.

Advertisement