Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Under 21 hurling 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

danganabu wrote: »
    Neither will the Limerick centre back, and John Meaghers red it could be argued cost Tipp an AI.

John Meagher's red card had no bearing and no relevance to tonight's match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

He deserved it for stupidity alone, pulling like that when already on a yellow was terrible.

There's no rule for giving yellows for stupidity as far as I know (although if there was, the ref would have walked early in that game). That tackle didn't merit a yellow. It merited a final warning from the ref. No more. In fairness to the Tipp lad, he didn't flinch just got on with it. The Tipp sending off was a straight red but the idiot gave a yellow first then a red.

It's only dawned on me. That ref was the same lad that sent off JonJo Farrell against Dublin in the league. That red was subsequently fully rescinded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

citykat wrote: »
    There's no rule for giving yellows for stupidity as far as I know (although if there was, the ref would have walked early in that game). That tackle didn't merit a yellow. It merited a final warning from the ref. No more. In fairness to the Tipp lad, he didn't flinch just got on with it. The Tipp sending off was a straight red but the idiot gave a yellow first then a red.

The boys on TG4 reckoned the Limerick player could have no complaints on the 2nd yellow. I'd agree that Lyons is another poor ref from Cork, like that Larkin man who did the minor match Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭qwert55

I just had a look at Paddy Power odds and Wexford are now 10/11 !!!

that's after tipp and Waterford exited stage left.. I think they probably deserve to be favourites but those odds are ridiculous.
    What will Galway be like this year ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Very Bored wrote: »
    John Meagher's red card had no bearing and no relevance to tonight's match.

Where did I say it did. I was replying to your previous post, you know the one where you didn't realise that 2 yellows means no suspension!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

He hit him with the hurl with a badly timed challenge. It was a clear yellow. It's not as if he tugged his jersey or something which would actually merit a warning, a belt of the hurl can't be disciplined with a yellow just because "ah sure he's on a yellow already".

qwert55 wrote: »
    I just had a look at Paddy Power odds and Wexford are now 10/11 !!!

that's after tipp and Waterford exited stage left.. I think they probably deserve to be favourites but those odds are ridiculous.
    What will Galway be like this year ?

10/11 looks value to me tbh.

Tipp destroyed Galway in a challenge match two weeks ago, they looked terrible to me and after Tipps shambolic performance tonight I wouldn't hold much hope for them.

Well done Limerick. Terrific achievement with 14 men against the wind. They showed brilliant heart. We looked like a team that didnt get much training time together to be honest although when the fat was in the fire our decision making was very poor.

• Advertisement

Where did I say it did. I was replying to your previous post, you know the one where you didn't realise that 2 yellows means no suspension!!

And how exactly did you get it that I thought two yellows mean no suspension? I said the Limerick player wouldn't be missing the final. Why? Because he got two yellows. Two yellows equals no suspension. Effectively you're trying to criticise me for not realising something that you didn't realise I already knew and that's why I was saying what I said :rolleyes:.

He hit him with the hurl with a badly timed challenge. It was a clear yellow. It's not as if he tugged his jersey or something which would actually merit a warning, a belt of the hurl can't be disciplined with a yellow just because "ah sure he's on a yellow already".

It's a contact sport. Hurls are flying. The contact was minimal. As I said, the Tipp lad didn't react at all. Only merited a warning nothing more. Could've ruined the game but thankfully didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Neither will the Limerick centre back, and John Meaghers red it could be argued cost Tipp an AI.

One of the best games I was ever at and we were lucky to come out on the right side of it, I'd agree with you that Tipp would probably have won if he had stayed on the field. Yesterday's game was right up there too because I wasn't familiar with a lot of the team and really didn't expect to win. Hard to beat the u21 games in the park to get the blood pumping!

In fairness to Breen and Tipp, ref should've blown a free out against Morrissey who pushed a Tipp defender over just before Breen's rash challenge. Another poor decision in a poor refereeing performance.

And how exactly did you get it that I thought two yellows mean no suspension? I said the Limerick player wouldn't be missing the final. Why? Because he got two yellows. Two yellows equals no suspension. Effectively you're trying to criticise me for not realising something that you didn't realise I already knew and that's why I was saying what I said :rolleyes:.

I read your post as meaning at least Meagher didn't miss a final but the Limerick man would, apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick.

Anyway as you said its off topic, well done to Limerick on a well deserved win, Tipp were all over the place and their decision making was shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

One of the best games I was ever at and we were lucky to come out on the right side of it, I'd agree with you that Tipp would probably have won if he had stayed on the field. Yesterday's game was right up there too because I wasn't familiar with a lot of the team and really didn't expect to win. Hard to beat the u21 games in the park to get the blood pumping!
    I read your post as meaning at least Meagher didn't miss a final but the Limerick man would, apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick.

Anyway as you said its off topic, well done to Limerick on a well deserved win, Tipp were all over the place and their decision making was shocking.

Jaysus lads sorry for dragging Johnny Meagher into this :pac:

• Advertisement

In fairness to Breen and Tipp, ref should've blown a free out against Morrissey who pushed a Tipp defender over just before Breen's rash challenge. Another poor decision in a poor refereeing performance.

He's a poor ref but to be fair the majority of his bad calls were against Limerick, the one he gave against Cian Lynch for over carrying was comical.

No complaints here ye were the more clinical team. Best of luck in the Munster final.

I have to say if i was a neutral id have a smile on my face. Im utterly disgusted though. Id have probably accepted a hammering better then a failed flirtation with winning.

No problem :).

He's a poor ref but to be fair the majority of his bad calls were against Limerick, the one he gave against Cian Lynch for over carrying was comical.

Lynch didnt do much wrong there to be honest. Few bad calls but i will say that referees just seem to be on their own on the field. No umpires or linesmen to even dare challenge them.

It does my nut seeing lads getting the line for f***all.

I think Tipp will be kicking themselves on that loss. I thought they were the better team tbh. The difference was the LK goalie with two wonder saves and bad (Tipp) wides from placed balls and open play.

• Advertisement

It does my nut seeing lads getting the line for f***all.

I think Tipp will be kicking themselves on that loss. I thought they were the better team tbh. The difference was the LK goalie with two wonder saves and bad (Tipp) wides from placed balls and open play.

John McGrath was clearly injured but was left on the whole game, he wasn't considered fit enough to tog out for the Munster Final on Sunday but was left on the field for the full 60mins 4 days later!

Riordan bust a gut but his hurling is limited and in the second half he was shattered, Creedon wont be a happy camper!

The save from Ronan Maher was absolutely top top quality and deserved to win a match.

John McGrath was clearly injured but was left on the whole game, he wasn't considered fit enough to tog out for the Munster Final on Sunday but was left on the field for the full 60mins 4 days later!

Riordan bust a gut but his hurling is limited and in the second half he was shattered, Creedon wont be a happy camper!

The save from Ronan Maher was absolutely top top quality and deserved to win a match.

Creedon played him the whole 70 mins in a cakewalk Sunday and wasnt exactly thinking of the hurlers at that point himself. Now to be fair to him it would be done to him as quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Will this be put up on the TG4 player lads? I wouldn't mind watching it. My UPC box let me down as it was meant to record it!

Creedon played him the whole 70 mins in a cakewalk Sunday and wasnt exactly thinking of the hurlers at that point himself. Now to be fair to him it would be done to him as quick.

To be fair to Creedon, Riordan is a footballer first and foremost, everybody accepts that including Colin himself. I was at a challenge game two weeks ago between Tipp and Galway, Tipp footballers were due out the following Saturday and Connolly starts Stephen O'Brien and lo and behold he gets injured, who does he replace him with only O'Riordan, it was farcical, I am no football man and couldn't really give a hoot about the big ball but Connolly was taking liberties and judging by tonight's display Connolly will not be in a job longer than Creedon.

I'd say it'll be on TG4 Player though you may have to wait a few days as its often slow at adding new content.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'd say it'll be on TG4 Player though you may have to wait a few days as its often slow at adding new content.

Looks like it's up already - Limerick v. Tipp Clare v. Waterford

To be fair to Creedon, Riordan is a footballer first and foremost, everybody accepts that including Colin himself. I was at a challenge game two weeks ago between Tipp and Galway, Tipp footballers were due out the following Saturday and Connolly starts Stephen O'Brien and lo and behold he gets injured, who does he replace him with only O'Riordan, it was farcical, I am no football man and couldn't really give a hoot about the big ball but Connolly was taking liberties and judging by tonight's display Connolly will not be in a job longer than Creedon.

What is getting lost in all the madness is the actual welfare of Colin O'Riordan who while nobly if not foolishy has opted to play two codes for his county. Im not blaming one of Creedon or Connolly but it would seem that Colin is caught between a mexican standoff and Creedon sort of shot himself in the foot by playing him for the whole game last week because surely he needed him to be fresh for today considering he knew he was going to be playing Thursday also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Big crowd already present here in cusack park. Hon the banner :)

Big crowd already present here in cusack park. Hon the banner :)

Cheers for the reminder. I'm looking forward to this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

This is great to watch. No tactical **** seen at senior.

• Advertisement

Stupid mistakes costing Clare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Clare making silly errors & trying stupid short puckouts, should be getting the ball forward quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Claire look very nervous

John Allen showing his bias twice there

Clear dangerous one handed pull by a Limerick man
    Ball was clearly over the line

Clare in danger here. Getting destroyed in the half forward line

Shane O'Donnell clearly fouled his man there, Clare get free in

How was that a free to Clare??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Clare settling in a bit, should keep getting the ball forward as soon as possible. Full forward line has the beating of the Limerick full back line.

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Shane O'Donnell clearly fouled his man there, Clare get free in

And Hehir had taken about 8 steps before he got dragged back and yet he was awarded the free!

• Advertisement

Heating up now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Game is building slowly,some great points been taken

And Hehir had taken about 8 steps before he got dragged back and yet he was awarded the free!

Small steps though ;-)

That's even now because that was no free to Limerick.

There was also a clear chop down on a Limerick player's leg 2 minutes ago

Nothing done about it

niallo27 wrote: »
    That's even now because that was no free to Limerick.

My UPC connection went funky for a few seconds so I didn't get to see that free! :pac:

• Advertisement

7 steps plus 7 steps equals no free

I missed the first 15 minutes. Stupid time on a weeknight, 7pm. What I have seen has been decent fare.

If I'm being honest Clare are getting away with taking a lot of steps. If Limerick take on their men they would probably get away with it too.

Thoroughly enjoyable first half. Better than most senior championship matches we've seen so far this year.

I missed the first 15 minutes. Stupid time on a weeknight, 7pm. What I have seen has been decent fare.

The evenings are getting shorter and there are no floodlights!

• Advertisement
Advertisement