Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque and bank draft in deceased persons name

Options
  • 02-06-2015 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

My late father had 3 accounts with boi which are now all frozen. I have a cheque and bank draft issued to " reps of late mr joe bloggs". The draft is from BOI and the cheque from AIB. Neither will reissue them in my name. They are both marked "not negotiable". 
    Can I as the executor endorse them and then lodge them to my bank account? Or when the probate is finalised and the accounts are being released to us will they accept them then? Any help appreciated as this is driving me mad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

My late father had 3 accounts with boi which are now all frozen. I have a cheque and bank draft issued to " reps of late mr joe bloggs". The draft is from BOI and the cheque from AIB. Neither will reissue them in my name. They are both marked "not negotiable". 
    Can I as the executor endorse them and then lodge them to my bank account? Or when the probate is finalised and the accounts are being released to us will they accept them then? Any help appreciated as this is driving me mad.
    Hi PurplePrincess,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

We're sorry to hear of your father's passing. We would advise you in this instance,  to contact the Customer Service Manager in your father's branch. They will be happy to assist you in arranging the lodgement of this cheque and bank draft.

Alternatively, we will be happy to arrange a call to you from your father's branch to help you with this. If you would like us to arrange this call, please click on the link in my signature below to send us a private message and include your name, your father's branch and also your contact number.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement