Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,386 ✭✭✭✭noodler

noodler wrote: »
    Finally decided to preorder the Apoc Edition on GAME for about 57 quid and then andother 4 quid on top for PM!

Not internet when I get it though sadly! I know ill be missing a big chunk of the game.

Hmm..they've cancelled my preoder.

Cant tell why.

Maybe they dont like PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

noodler wrote: »
    Finally decided to preorder the Apoc Edition on GAME for about 57 quid and then andother 4 quid on top for PM!

Not internet when I get it though sadly! I know ill be missing a big chunk of the game.

I was considering playing through it offline for my first character. I have to kill all bosses by myself first time so that rules out the need for coop. Plus sometimes hint messages can reveal an ambush ahead so it makes it somewhat not 100% blind, but it's also a really cool feature. And being invaded is really cool. I'm torn on what to do.

So see, it's not all bad with no Internet. It's like the hard mode of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 20,508 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i will definitely be playing online , I get a bit frustrated these days without making progress in a game. Probably the only game I am constantly play is The Binding of Isacc, which I generally pass every game. At least with the summoning , I can get through the bosses in Dark Souls 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I was considering playing through it offline for my first character. I have to kill all bosses by myself first time so that rules out the need for coop. Plus sometimes hint messages can reveal an ambush ahead so it makes it somewhat not 100% blind, but it's also a really cool feature. And being invaded is really cool. I'm torn on what to do.

So see, it's not all bad with no Internet. It's like the hard mode of the game

I find myself ignoring most messages unless its in front of a chest or wall, in which case i still ignore the message and just hit the wall/chest.

Why? because majority of messages are just spam, sadly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

nix wrote: »
    I find myself ignoring most messages unless its in front of a chest or wall, in which case i still ignore the message and just hit the wall/chest.

Why? because majority of messages are just spam, sadly :(

I cant be arsed translating all the messages at the moment,but being in Japanese,they are probably all quite helpful! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,508 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

seen this on twitter , no spoilers or anything , just a funny death !!

link

2smiggy wrote: »
    seen this on twitter , no spoilers or anything , just a funny death !!

link

That spoiled the fact bridges, sword, skelingtons and shields are in the game. Thanks alot man

PSYCHO CRASHHAH!!!

Qwertee have a trio of Dark Souls tshirts today https://www.qwertee.com

I'm not associated with any of the designs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So guys, it's confirmed? 30fps on both consoles with frame rate issues? No difference between both consoles?

I am not sure on which one to get. Dark souls always were my console and couch games. I don't really want to playing on pc, but if frame rate is dodgy like ds2 on old gen, then I might go for pc after all. After Playing ds2 on xbox one solid 60 it will suck to go back to 20-30.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

So guys, it's confirmed? 30fps on both consoles with frame rate issues? No difference between both consoles?

I am not sure on which one to get. Dark souls always were my console and couch games. I don't really want to playing on pc, but if frame rate is dodgy like ds2 on old gen, then I might go for pc after all. After Playing ds2 on xbox one solid 60 it will suck to go back to 20-30.

It's a fairly solid 30fps on the PS4 running at 1080 resolution. Dont think XBox is 1080.
    I had framerate drops early on in the game but the drops seem non existant in mid to late game.
    Also, there is no ambient occlusion so that will make some people happy.

• Advertisement

The Xbox version is 900p with a capped frame rate of 30. PS4 at 1080p with the same framerate. Apparently both suffer some framerate issue with Xbox having bigger drops over the PS4 of about 3 - 5 frames. Frame pacing is also an issue on both consoles as it was in Bloodborne. It's when frames are delivered in an uneven manner thus making the game appear to stutter and drop frames when it actually isn't. So PC is the place to play. Sadly I don't think I can run it as my rig is 5 years old

I got a kick out of this one :pac:

Qwertee have a trio of Dark Souls tshirts today https://www.qwertee.com

I'm not associated with any of the designs.

I already bought the Sif one a while back and the Estus shirt doesn't really interest me. The Quelagg one looks cool BUT, the guy in it is using the Faraam armour set from Dark2 and Quelagg only appears in Dark1, thus the shirt isn't LORE FRIENDLY. Thus I won't be buying it. Am I a nerd now?

I already bought the Sif one a while back and the Estus shirt doesn't really interest me. The Quelagg one looks cool BUT, the guy in it is using the Faraam armour set from Dark2 and Quelagg only appears in Dark1, thus the shirt isn't LORE FRIENDLY. Thus I won't be buying it. Am I a nerd now?

Words fail me :D

The Xbox version is 900p with a capped frame rate of 30. PS4 at 1080p with the same framerate. Apparently both suffer some framerate issue with Xbox having bigger drops over the PS4 of about 3 - 5 frames. Frame pacing is also an issue on both consoles as it was in Bloodborne. It's when frames are delivered in an uneven manner thus making the game appear to stutter and drop frames when it actually isn't. So PC is the place to play. Sadly I don't think I can run it as my rig is 5 years old

God dammit. I got xbox live for xbox one, but xbox one version is gimped. I don't have ps+ but ps4 version isore stable. And pc would be the last one preferred for dark souls and I for some reason my pc does not recognise xbox one controller lol.

It's between ps4 and pc now...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,826 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Eli Roth made a short animated film for Dark Souls 3 working with Namco.

I wonder will it point at being a boss in the main game

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

It was confirmed a while ago that it was 30fps on consoles..

I havent noticed any significant drops so far on the PS4 version and the game is beautiful possibly even more that Bloodborne (maybe..) so i reckon the only way it would really ruin the game for you is if you watch the pc streams or play it on pc and then play it on console..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Got the praise the sun reprint meself a few weeks back

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,255 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

sweetie wrote: »
    Got the praise the sun reprint meself a few weeks back

I got that one before and the Lordron: Dark Days one, which had several randomers coming up to me and shaking my hand when I was on holidays in the states last summer :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,282 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Any word on the state of the PC version? After the infamously botched DS1, I was more trusting with DS2, but that was still badly flawed. The fact that Namco staff were naive enough to announce on the Steam forums that it would be able to run at 60fps, apparently believing this was a reassuring thing, doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Spear wrote: »
    Any word on the state of the PC version? After the infamously botched DS1, I was more trusting with DS2, but that was still badly flawed. The fact that Namco staff were naive enough to announce on the Steam forums that it would be able to run at 60fps, apparently believing this was a reassuring thing, doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

It's 60fps alright and I've not heard of any issues with weapons degrading faster than the console version.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,282 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's 60fps alright and I've not heard of any issues with weapons degrading faster than the console version.

I'd be more worried about the interface/controls being properly suited to a PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,826 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was highly skeptical of this vid but I only knew of one of these secrets, worth a watch. The dog powering the lift in Blighttown is brilliant.

In fairness, you don't expect playing dark souls with mouse and keyboard. Controller is a must for game like this. So interface and controls should not really matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You should try Lords of The Fallen on PC, if you want to see how the controls work well on a keyboard.

They don't work well on keyboard.

I really think Dark Souls 1 should be exempt from grief about the framecap and interface and controls given it was their first PC port and only did it for fan service. It did run and scaled well, which is more than can be said for a lot of PC ports of console games

If I recall correctly Xbox button prompts was one of your issues with the previous games and they are still present in Dark Souls 3. So you may as well save the cash and skip this one since its bound to be unplayable in such a state

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

In fairness, you don't expect playing dark souls with mouse and keyboard.

Considering it's on PC, you should expect it.

Considering it's on PC, you should expect it.

Just because it's on pc, it does not mean mouse and keyboard is most optional.

All platformers, dark souls and racing games pops right in to my head.

Dark souls mechanics work perfect with controller and I would not want them to try and change it for mouse and keyboard.

Knowing the game's coming out soon i have zero urge to play any other game. In a Limbo-like state where i consider playing something and just think to myself that i would rather be playing Dark Soul 3, and i end up playing nothing. I have a big backlog of games but i just want to play Dark Souls 3 :( Anyone else feel the same way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Just because it's on pc, it does not mean mouse and keyboard is most optional.

All platformers, dark souls and racing games pops right in to my head.

Dark souls mechanics work perfect with controller and I would not want them to try and change it for mouse and keyboard.

Never said they should change it. But having KB/M icons instead of xbox ones wouldn't be too high a standard

Or to spend a little more time on making proper default controls and some considerations for that input method. It is in fact possible to have a game adapt a few things real-time according the input method the user selects.

Here's DMC4 being played with KB/M.

Advertisement