Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

They have made an absolute mess of this launch. I'm finding it quite irritating.

Streamers and reviewers have it a month before everyone else, releasing it in Japan weeks before the west, its a mess. There is footage everywhere, PVP will be a nightmare with people who have had access for weeks versus those who don't even have it yet. Europeans and Americans using Japanese accounts to get it earlier.

What is so hard about a worldwide release date? Every other major release does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Kirby wrote: »
    They have made an absolute mess of this launch. I'm finding it quite irritating.

Streamers and reviewers have it a month before everyone else, releasing it in Japan weeks before the west, its a mess. There is footage everywhere, PVP will be a nightmare with people who have had access for weeks versus those who don't even have it yet. Europeans and Americans using Japanese accounts to get it earlier.

What is so hard about a worldwide release date? Every other major release does it.

Yep its a total **** up. There will be no "Exploring the game with the community" this time around as there is probably **** loads of information already on wiki sites and such. Shame really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Kirby wrote: »

Yeah I agree, people have found out the optimal builds and the overpowered ones already so we'll be up against experienced players. We've already missed the first month due to the Japanese release which is always the best with souls games, when no one knows all the secrets and are still figuring the game out.

Don't get me wrong, I've stayed away from everything. I've watched the opening cutscene and that's it. I know next to nothing about any of it. Ill enjoy exploring and playing it no doubt but it drives me nuts that we all aren't in the same boat.

That's what I love about these games the most. Knowing on day 1 that we are all about to die......a lot. Now when I see other players running about, ill be wondering "Is this guy on his 2nd or 3rd character?"

"If I summon this guy for some jolly cooperation, will he know where to stand on this boss to make it completely impotent?"

Its just....frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Yeah I agree, people have found out the optimal builds and the overpowered ones already so we'll be up against experienced players. We've already missed the first month due to the Japanese release which is always the best with souls games, when no one knows all the secrets and are still figuring the game out.

Some of the hollow infused Dex/Luck bleed builds are massively overpowered so far, get it up to 40/40 and the game is meant to be a doddle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

so beat the first boss and didnt figure out the firelink thing as I didnt complete the dialog. Then went back and beat the crystal guy near the start and then the guy with the unchi at the bell tower. Finally figured how to get to the castle and have upgraded my uchi and loving it. Picked the assassin for a dex/int build

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Why all the complaints? So what if they have a head-start and are overpowered. Just makes it a little more difficult until we get the hang of it. People always moan....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah can't say it bothers me much either. Sure, it would be nice if it was released globally, but given the waits we often have to sit through for Japanese games to be translated and released globally (if at all) three weeks is a pretty trivial length of time, even for a game with the sense of community discovery DS has.

Was it a perfect launch? No, although given I pay exactly zero attention to streamers it's not like I've had it rubbed in my face by any stretch (don't think I've watched any more than five minutes of footage since the game was announced, TBH). I'm still sure in this thread and many other places people will be experiencing the game fresh and blind, and hell there's even something to be said for some committed players having had a head start if and when any particularly obtuse rules or secrets need finding ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I've died so many times!
    Firelink Shrine is really reminiscent of the Nexus from Demons Souls

Looking forward to my next day off for some more punishment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

there's even something to be said for some committed players having had a head start if and when any particularly obtuse rules or secrets need finding ;)

I really liked the previous soul's games sense of community with everyone coming together and figuring out the obtuse rules and mechanics of the games. Those first few days were always excited (and it was first few months for Demon's Souls). Now we have streamers and other people having had the game weeks in advance, giving lore videos, talking about builds, revealing all the mechanics and speed running the game in an hour and the game hasn't even launched yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I really liked the previous soul's games sense of community with everyone coming together and figuring out the obtuse rules and mechanics of the games. Those first few days were always excited (and it was first few months for Demon's Souls). Now we have streamers and other people having had the game weeks in advance, giving lore videos, talking about builds, revealing all the mechanics and speed running the game in an hour and the game hasn't even launched yet.

Yes, I enjoy it too, but as I said I'm sure this thread and many others will be full of people discovering the game both on their own and as a community. The easiest way to get over the streamers and the like having had it in advance is by simply ignoring them :) I barely know a thing about the lore, mechanics (well, I did read they've changed the way magic works) or builds in this game other than what I've read in general reviews, so will happily say other people having had the game in advance has in no way shape or form tarnished my likely enjoyment of the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

God I wish I had the patience for this series of games.

We need to see this again I think... I know we do!!!!!!

K8ySn3e.gif?noredirect

hadoken13 wrote: »
    I've never bought a Souls game when it came out before, usually months after .
    hadoken13 wrote: »
    Why all the complaints? So what if they have a head-start and are overpowered. Just makes it a little more difficult until we get the hang of it. People always moan....

You don't get it. And the reason is your first quote.

Its hard to miss something you haven't experienced before. You have never been a part of the discovery process of the game before so its understandable you don't know what you are missing. But you need to recognise that fact. You've never played a souls game on launch.....

If they had released it worldwide like they should have, there would be no problem. Give the reviewers a week and the streamers 1 day. Then you get all the advantages and none of the minuses we have now.

From are Japanese. They are obtuse. They have botched this launch and they probably don't understand why.....even now with half the community trying to explain it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Beat the second boss. Bit harder but no biggie. Them cages with body parts that can attack you really remind me of bloodborne, this game in general does in fact. It's easier in this first part than bloodborne or dark souls 2 in fact. Not that I'm complaining about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

gonna play this tommorow. only played one DS game before - DS2 and only lasted an hour with the keyboard and mouse. gonna try again and see how it is and probably get a controller if it's that bad.

looking forward to dying a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,168 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We need to see this again I think... I know we do!!!!!!

K8ySn3e.gif?noredirect

Solaire is cool and all but Siegmeyer is the main man...

image.php?u=951&dateline=1418462031

Hmm....hmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

froog wrote: »
    gonna play this tommorow. only played one DS game before - DS2 and only lasted an hour with the keyboard and mouse. gonna try again and see how it is and probably get a controller if it's that bad.

looking forward to dying a lot!

Get a controller you loon, its a totally different game.

No where near a pro but I'm fairly adept at the souls games, I can't imagine going near one with a keyboard and mouse

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My copy was posted to parcel motel on Thursday but still no sign of it!
    Just messaged PM to see where it is, I'm sure they'll recognise the importance and get right on it!
    Actually, I've a lot of work stuff to middle through this week, might be for the best that I'm not distracted!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

any chance the shops will have this today ? Will it be available to down load after midnight ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Will be waiting till next week to get this, as i'm not around this weekend. Definitely won't be looking at any videos in the meantime. Will go in as blind as possible.

Is this released at midnight for PC users?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's 12 AM or 1 AM depending on daylight savings. I've not figured out which it is but it would be nice of someone with more free time to visit he reddit thread about it and work it out :)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's 12 AM or 1 AM depending on daylight savings. I've not figured out which it is but it would be nice of someone with more free time to visit he reddit thread about it and work it out :)

Hmmm, says 3 P.M. PST on one thread which is 11pm here according to google...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone else not getting online with this? My network test is fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,387 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Online dispatched by GAME today sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

sweetie wrote: »
    Anyone else not getting online with this? My network test is fine...

Servers aren't on yet are they?

Hmmm, says 3 P.M. PST on one thread which is 11pm here according to google...

I heard 10 PM somewhere else as well. I guess it will be a night of sitting at the PC shouting 'unlock damn you!'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Will go live at 11pm for us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Do The Game Collection use An Post for delivery anyone know?

Advertisement