Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Do The Game Collection use An Post for delivery anyone know?

They do I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Do The Game Collection use An Post for delivery anyone know?

Post arrived but no game, must be tomorrow for me so.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I am dying a lot guys.
    More than I am used to from DS2. Replayed that recently and made it hours in without dying. Maybe I'm just rusty.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ObliVion86

any chance the shops will have this today ? Will it be available to down load after midnight ?

I was wondering about this too. But I don't know of any shops that get games in early. Looked around the net and all I found was some places in New York and Germany that will have it in stock today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Game arrived in my Parcel Motel at 07.00 this morning, off to get it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Anybody who ordered from amazon had theirs dispatched yet?

Mines the collectors edition and apparently Arriving 15 Apr - 16 Apr but hasn't been dispatched yet :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

froog wrote: »
    Will go live at 11pm for us.

Just remember if you're on Steam, you'll need a while for the game to unpack. Took about 40 minutes that last time i was waiting on something to unlock.

Kiith wrote: »
    Just remember if you're on Steam, you'll need a while for the game to unpack. Took about 40 minutes that last time i was waiting on something to unlock.

That should be illegal

That should be illegal

It's the encryption on the files on the machine as far as i'm aware. Needs to be secure if it's being downloaded a few days earlier. Doesn't always take that long, but it's occasionally quite slow.

You'd may even be better off downloading the full game after 11pm if you're connection is fast enough.

I should have added this :pac:

I meant it as a joke that they release at 11pm and cruelly make you wait another 40 odd minutes. Hopefully an SSD might speed things up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dammit parcel motel are looking into it....
    Edit: I have a bad feeling that it's been misplaced and they just don't give a damn.
    They've now said, without a tracking number, they can't look into this any further.
    Bugger....

nix wrote: »
    Anybody who ordered from amazon had theirs dispatched yet?

Mines the collectors edition and apparently Arriving 15 Apr - 16 Apr but hasn't been dispatched yet :(

Did you use the super saver delivery, if its coming with Asendia you could be waiting up to two weeks or not get it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,517 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Anyone playing so far? Thoughts?

2smiggy wrote: »
    Anyone playing so far? Thoughts?

Put 3 hours into it so far, going with a Luck/Dex Build for a change and so far having no issues, it seems like the difficulty is a bit lower than the last two Souls games, but that could change.

One thing I have noticed so far is the game seems quite linear compared to previous games and you can see Bloodborne has influenced some aspects of the game, the areas themselves so far are great and very diverse and sprawling.

Combat is excellent, they have really improved the hit detection, looking forward to duel wielding some serious weapons later in the game, also I noticed bows now actually deal some decent damage compared to other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone know what time Argos add new products to their website at so I can reserve a copy for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Anyone know what time Argos add new products to their website at so I can reserve a copy for tomorrow?

In the same boat :p Another poster a few pages back said that they update on the day of release, but that could be at any o'clock. I'm gonna go to my local Argos at 9am tomorrow and see if i can pick up a copy. Will be spamming refresh on their site on the way in incase they update.

It will be updated at some point tomorrow morning, I think somebody said between 04.00 and 06.00, be careful with the prices, Street Fighter was €70 on the day of its release, two days after it was down to €49.99.

Xenji wrote: »
    Did you use the super saver delivery, if its coming with Asendia you could be waiting up to two weeks or not get it at all.

Really? is that common? or just a rare experience?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

I have it pre ordered on steam, theres a countdown to midnight when it will be available

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭thegame983

Tomorrow. Early I presume

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    Really? is that common? or just a rare experience?

It has been happening a lot since around September of last year, and has affected other users here as well, I only use parcel motel with them now for games if VGP, TGC or Amazon.de are dearer after 2 games never arrived and another arrived after 3 weeks, a friend of mine was waiting 4 weeks for Mario Maker to arrive.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057521422

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057454619

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057550796

Shiiiiit

Ok cool, thanks man, i upgraded to standard delivery (the only other option currently), so hopefully i dont get shafted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Luck is a stat again, is the Blueblood sword back too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Evade wrote: »
    Luck is a stat again, is the Blueblood sword back too?

Apparently everything is back, EVERYTHING. So i wouldn't be surprised if some Demon's Souls exclusive weapons are included in the game, or atleast a longsword that scales with LCK :rolleyes:

Apparently everything is back, EVERYTHING. So i wouldn't be surprised if some Demon's Souls exclusive weapons are included in the game, or atleast a longsword that scales with LCK :rolleyes:

Hollow luck infusion on certain weapons provides the highest DPS in the game, luck also increases bleed damage, if you want some of the best damage in the game you should be aiming for Luck 40 / Dex 40 with a hollow infused weapon.

I have it pre ordered on steam, theres a countdown to midnight when it will be available

Say's it'll unlock in approx 7 hours, so it'll be 11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ObliVion86

Usually the morning of release but the time seems to vary. I tried to reserve a game before one time but it wasn't showing up on their site. It eventually did show up just after 9am but said it was out of stock. I have a feeling the same will happen with DkS 3. Gotta be quick.

Ok done some juggling with my order, topped up my parcel motel and changed to expedited delivery, which works out cheaper than the standard delivery and now says arriving Wednesday \0/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Kiith wrote: »
    Say's it'll unlock in approx 7 hours, so it'll be 11pm.

as I type this there's a countdown of 7:25 so that's midnight for me

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My copy was posted to parcel motel on Thursday but still no sign of it!
    Just messaged PM to see where it is, I'm sure they'll recognise the importance and get right on it!
    Actually, I've a lot of work stuff to middle through this week, might be for the best that I'm not distracted!

Just do what any right minded responsible adult would do
    Phone in Sick
    :D

Advertisement