Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Don't weapon scaling increase as you reinforce the weapon?Like at +5 it might go from a D to a C. Was like that in previous games anyway

Put a message at the entrance to the HUB saying "Vision of this place again?" Got rated twice and gave me a handy estus when i needed it. Now as i rest at this bonfire my message has been rated 5 to 6 times while i type this. As i sit there resting, with max Estus :mad:

Yeah scaling is like that, but D is crap. Imma check the wikia. At +8 its still only C, pretty sure it reached S in the first game

Some enemies were giving me free Estus, haven't figured it out yet, I haven't written any messages

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Looks like I'll be playing this with an abscess today. As if it wasn't hard enough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just saw the Wanderer starts with a shield and dual wield weapons...may have to restart :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Kiith wrote: »
    Just saw the Wanderer starts with a shield and dual wield weapons...may have to restart :P

The shield is brutal so bloodborne dodges are vital.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

And now i'm realising the Thief has a weird quick dodge thing...really need to mess about and figure out how to do all these things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Must say I'm enjoying ye old pyromancer. Just hang back and launch crap em em, Huzzah! .. at least until fp runs out then get ass handed to you as you've got **** weapons that only tickle em.

Serves me right for pouring all my souls into intelligence :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,519 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I really like it , much prefer than dark souls 2 so far. Not to the second boss yet thou

Don't weapon scaling increase as you reinforce the weapon?Like at +5 it might go from a D to a C. Was like that in previous games anyway

Put a message at the entrance to the HUB saying "Vision of this place again?" Got rated twice and gave me a handy estus when i needed it. Now as i rest at this bonfire my message has been rated 5 to 6 times while i type this. As i sit there resting, with max Estus :mad:

You gain something out of writing messages on the ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭thegame983

Can someone refresh my memory on how magic works again?

Is it?

Magic - Intellegence
    Miracles - Faith
    Pyromance - ?
    Hex/ Dark Magic - Intellegence & Faith

also - does anyone have preferences from previous games? I've always gone a dex build but I'm thinking of changing things up this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Anyone else doing mage/ranged where after the first attack the lock is lost and the subsequent shot is wasted - really annoying tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

How do I activate illusory walls? I've found two red notes saying there is one nearby yet I can't find anything

Hehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 23,168 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

4 more minutes for the patch to download, about an hour in the character creator and then I'm ready to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone pick this up from Argos yet? Still not on their website but I've a gift-card I want to use

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Nice to have the mini Prima guide with the physical release on the PS4.
    Reminds me of getting SNES games and reading the instruction booklet cover to cover on the way home from the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

thegame983 wrote: »
    Can someone refresh my memory on how magic works again?

Is it?

Magic - Intellegence
    Miracles - Faith
    Pyromance - ?
    Hex/ Dark Magic - Intellegence & Faith

also - does anyone have preferences from previous games? I've always gone a dex build but I'm thinking of changing things up this time around

Yep, in the past games Pyromancy scaled with the level of the glove, I'd presume its similar here, Att is the only stat you need

Dex, always dex

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

If you've gotten to Tower on the Wall bonfire this is about the
    Dragon
    This is Dark Souls, I have a bow, there's a dragon perched facing away from me, this'll be easy. Nope. He turned around and set the whole bonfire are on fire.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,256 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Stuck at the first boss the last hour, good to be back :o

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Stuck at the first boss the last hour, good to be back :o

Circle right, fight is way harder if you go left.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Man waiting for this to download is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

You gain something out of writing messages on the ground?

Yeah if someone rates your message positively you gain an Estus flask charge. Ok no, just got a message rated and didn't get a charge. Although i seem to be getting them randomly. I didn't write messages at all in the previous games but i'm going it alot this time round. Mainly funny ****.

There is an insane amount of white signs on the floor outside the room of what i assume is second boss! Must be about 20 of them all together! I'm kinda scared to go inside :eek:

Also to the guy asking about Argos. They had a problem on there system where the item was still locked, so it could be related to them not updating the site. Got the game them anyway but they said it would be 3 days or so before it could be unlocked, so that MIGHT include the site also. This was in the Ilac centre in Dublin by the way. Lad on here said he had no hassle to pick it up in Waterford

• Advertisement

Oh was worth dealing with kitana guy
    you can summon him later

Edit: Oh after he fell I went back to fire to respawn him , if that happens anyone just do that and his loot will be where he was originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Yeah if someone rates your message positively you gain an Estus flask charge. Ok no, just got a message rated and didn't get a charge. Although i seem to be getting them randomly. I didn't write messages at all in the previous games but i'm going it alot this time round. Mainly funny ****.

If I remember correctly, you randomly gained an Estus Flask charge in Dark Souls 1 if someone within your player pool (i.e the players that share the same IP pool with you for Summoning, Invading etc) kindles the bonfire closest to you. I haven't played Dark Souls 3 yet but I assume Kindling is back again?

Cravez wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, you randomly gained an Estus Flask charge in Dark Souls 1 if someone within your player pool (i.e the players that share the same IP pool with you for Summoning, Invading etc) kindles the bonfire closest to you. I haven't played Dark Souls 3 yet but I assume Kindling is back again?

Oh yeah forgot about that. It doesn't seem to be back. There is no option for it at the bonfire, unless it becomes available once a a certain item is obtained.

Invaded someone at the first bonfire in the first area and it was a gank squad :pac: The host plus 3 phantoms where hanging around right beside the area i spawned at :(

Worth getting up on the firelink roof early and not paying 20k for it either ;)
    Met Prickly Pee and found a Covetous Silver Serpent ring in chest I was convinced was a mimic

Edit: Actually the part of the roof I was on I don't actually see another way up other than the way I did get up????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Can this game / thread get moved to it's own section ?
    It's going to be on the frontpage for months if not at least a year to come...it should be given it's own little corner as there are so many details of the game to talk about (areas / builds / monster / help / new players / items etc) and it's hard for people to look over every new post (which will be nearly 100+ a day I'd imagine).

For perspective...Dark Souls is at the top of page 2 (nearly page 1) with 437,000 views.

The nearest 3 on Page 1 ( fallout 4, MGS 5 and Witcher 3 none of them even have 300,000 yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Looks like argos did not stack dark souls3 this time? Weird...

Cheapest to get is smyths at 65 quid?

Worth getting up on the firelink roof early and not paying 20k for it either ;)
    Met Prickly Pee and found a Covetous Silver Serpent ring in chest I was convinced was a mimic

Edit: Actually the part of the roof I was on I don't actually see another way up other than the way I did get up????
    Hint?

Evade wrote: »
    Hint?

Go up the steps from the inside of firelink on the right, outside and up to the locked tower door, turn around and you'll see the low roof , you have to
    sprint at the tree and jump off it
    took me about 20 attempts , I was curious when I saw player ghosts at it.

For those asking about illusory walls you
    strike them

• Advertisement

Go up the steps from the inside of firelink on the right, outside and up to the locked tower door, turn around and you'll see the low roof , you have to
    sprint at the tree and jump off it
    took me about 20 attempts , I was curious when I saw player ghosts at it.

Someone left a note there on my game. Seems like it only leads to the lower part of the roof and that the key is needed to get high still. Or am i missing something?

Advertisement