Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Someone left a note there on my game. Seems like it only leads to the lower part of the roof and that the key is needed to get high still. Or am i missing something?
    I'd say the way you're supposed to do it is get the key, go up, and drop down to that lower roof.

Evade wrote: »
    I'd say the way you're supposed to do it is get the key, go up, and drop down to that lower roof.

Yeah thats what I'm thinking after another run around it. There is also a
    crystal lizard with a shard
    around the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭_Puma_

So what type of builds are people running?

I'm DS1 I had 2 chars, dexterity build and a pyromancny build. In DS2 ran a Dark magic build.

Don't own bloodbourne and probably had a crappy hybrid in demons souls when I was learning how it all worked.

Thinking of going full strength build this time to wield some of the Larger weapons with maybe some faith thrown in for support.

Yeah thats what I'm thinking after another run around it. There is also a
    crystal lizard with a shard
    around the back.
    Missed that. I'll get it once I get the key.

Anybody having problems with summoning? It always fails for me

• Advertisement

I'm a knight going jack of all physical stats, for the time being at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Anybody having problems with summoning? It always fails for me

Haven't summoned but takes 3-4 goes to get summoned for me, and it's janky as hell with good internet, servers are getting nailed is likely the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Started out as a Mercenary, going for a Luck/Dex bleed build.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

_Puma_ wrote: »
    So what type of builds are people running?

I'm DS1 I had 2 chars, dexterity build and a pyromancny build. In DS2 ran a Dark magic build.

Don't own bloodbourne and probably had a crappy hybrid in demons souls when I was learning how it all worked.

Thinking of going full strength build this time to wield some of the Larger weapons with maybe some faith thrown in for support.

Started as Deprived so im just making it up as i go along. Got the Uchi so i invested the stats to wield it, but all my points are going into HP and Stam till i find a weapon i really enjoy. May go quality so i can use most the weapons in the game

I just hope I won't get pushed as much as I did at launch of DS2 by going pure melee.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,256 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Am I right in saying there's
    only two ways to go once you get to Lothric?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Am I right in saying there's
    only two ways to go once you get to Lothric?

From the fire? Kind of
    right is a dead end for now but worth going that way 1st for some loot and ......

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,256 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

From the fire? Kind of
    right is a dead end for now but worth going that way 1st for some loot and ......
    I've found the enemies to the right are a bit too high level?

Ugh
    found my first mimic, in a bad way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Man I hate mimics.

Man I hate mimics.

Get a little help from your pal
    the dragon
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm rolling a warrior this time. Pumping souls into strength and vigor initially.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Went with a Pyro myself. Annoyed to see Pyro now scales with Intelligence and Faith! It used to be a near freebie. I think I'll go with a strength build and only use pyro buffs.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Went with a Pyro myself. Annoyed to see Pyro now scales with Intelligence and Faith! It used to be a near freebie. I think I'll go with a strength build and only use pyro buffs.

Ah balls, have always had my Dex builds carry pyro spells for hairy situations.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Questions I am going Meelee

1. Been powering up the axe(weapon I started with) should I change?

2.What stats should I level up mainly?

3.What does vigor stat do?

Worth noting. I ran through an area in Ash form only to die. Went back to the bonfire and Ember'd up to give myself abit more HP to find this time i was invaded by an NPC phantom! He dropped something and a good few souls. So it might be worth trying to stay in Ember form for some rare encounters and additional loot!

• Advertisement

Worth noting. I ran through an area in Ash form only to die. Went back to the bonfire and Ember'd up to give myself abit more HP to find this time i was invaded by an NPC phantom! He dropped something and a good few souls. So it might be worth trying to stay in Ember form for some rare encounters and additional loot!

Is ember
    essentially humanity then? Like I won't see summon signs or be invaded unless I consume it?

Questions I am going Meelee

1. Been powering up the axe(weapon I started with) should I change?

2.What stats should I level up mainly?

3.What does vigor stat do?

Stick with what weapon feels comfortable until something else you come across strikes your fancy. For stats it kind of depends on what kind of character you want to play as. Strength for heavy weapons, Dex for more finesse weapons, and Faith and Intelligence for magic style build. Vigor increases your HP which is good for any build so you can't go wrong allocating points to that until you decide on what main attacking stat you want to invest in. Endurance and Vitality are also good supplementary stats for any build.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is ember
    essentially humanity then? Like I won't see summon signs or be invaded unless I consume it?

Yup

Second boss down.
    Do you not get souls for defeating bosses now?

1. im just out side the 3rd boss and there are a load of summon signs, however the moment I touch them I get an unable to summon message. whats going on here

2. what does vitality do, I though that increases hp?

1. im just out side the 3rd boss and there are a load of summon signs, however the moment I touch them I get an unable to summon message. whats going on here

2. what does vitality do, I though that increases hp?

Vitality is equipment load I think, vigor is HP.

I've gone for a whip and shield. The right trigger attack has a massive range and radius. I can take on three guys at a time. I think I finally found my play style.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I'm to afraid to go on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Getting summoned instantly every time I drop the white sign soapstone.

the 3rd boss is tough, any tips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

the 3rd boss is tough, any tips
    Curse-Rotted Greatwood
    or
    Crystal Sage
    , the first is optional?

Advertisement