Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

1. im just out side the 3rd boss and there are a load of summon signs, however the moment I touch them I get an unable to summon message. whats going on here

Too many people summoning them. They are just getting snapped up by everyone and you are too late. Takes a while for the world to update from the server so used signs hang about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Xenji wrote: »
    Curse-Rotted Greatwood
    or
    Crystal Sage
    , the first is optional?

the first one and I just killed it

Curse-Rotted Greatwood
    or
    Crystal Sage
    , the first is optional?

what direction should I go for the second boss you mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

what direction should I go for the second boss you mentioned

From the Undead Settlement, head to the Road of Sacrifices.
    Return to the lift where you met Siegward, take the lower lift to a Knight of The Boreal Valley, kill him for an Irithyll Straight Sword, and open the door to a bonfire and the Road of Sacrifices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

starting to understand the game a bit now. question - isn't it possible to keep farming easy starting areas next to bonfire and resetting at the bonfire to build up your character until you're op for the area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,168 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fall damage seems overly harsh. Bit annoying.

From the Undead Settlement, head to the Road of Sacrifices.
    Return to the lift where you met Siegward, take the lower lift to a Knight of The Boreal Valley, kill him for an Irithyll Straight Sword, and open the door to a bonfire and the Road of Sacrifices.

still don't get where your talking about, direct me from the best bomb-fire

froog wrote: »
    starting to understand the game a bit now. question - isn't it possible to keep farming easy starting areas next to bonfire and resetting at the bonfire to build up your character until you're op for the area?

Then why not farm in a semi-challenging area and get a greater amount of souls for you trouble? That's the game in a nutshell

still don't get where your talking about, direct me from the best bomb-fire
    Do you remember where you met Irina, go back there and go through the large double doors, there is a lift in that building and Siegward, take it down to the lower level and beat the knight, then open the door and you will be in the Road Of Sacrifices.

froog wrote: »

Better off moving on , the amount of souls you get per kill there is minuscule compared to what you will be walking around with later on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Did they remove the thing where after a certain amount of kills the guys stop spawning?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

BKtje wrote: »
    Did they remove the thing where after a certain amount of kills the guys stop spawning?

Ya, that's only in DS 2.

aha ok. DS2 has been my only window into this series thus far. Starting to really struggle with the ol pyromancer and not even that far in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Found a Scythe. Has a new moveset compared to previous games where they where just hammers/halberds with a blade on the end. Have to hit enemies with the sweet spot of the blade for max damage, to close and you do less. The battle art isn't the best though, long wind up for not that much damage.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,256 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The run up to the second boss seems very long, even for a souls game. Finding this tougher than either of the previous games tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Once you open the shortcuts its easier but still a bit of a chore until you level up a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The run up to the second boss seems very long, even for a souls game. Finding this tougher than either of the previous games tbh.
    Same here. At first I thought it was just because I hadn't played a souls area blind in over a year but now I think strength builds might not be the safe bet they used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Whats the second boss? Is it
    Vordt the dog guy
    If so i think there is an elevator that brings you right down from the first bonfire in that area. Short run after that

• Registered Users Posts: 23,168 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I keep forgetting that I actually have a shield because I just finished Bloodborne again last week.

Wait a second, weapons repair when you sit at a fire??? Bar on my uchi was at half when I sat down and then full when I stood up. Now thats welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sorcerer starts with heavy soul arrow?! From, five games in and you're getting too generous!

*figures out the cruel misery of the Ashen Estus flask mechanics*

From, you giveth and you taketh away :o

Played as far as the
    settlement
    there. Digging it so far. Oddly gentle beginning followed by surprisingly punishing first 'proper' level. Some nasty surprises already
    (tentacle thing)
    . Definitely feels a solid mix of familiar and new. Despite some fantastic sights and a solid 60FPS on Max (a few judders when selecting messages, oddly), it hasn't boasted quite the visual and atmospheric confidence of Bloodborne yet, although that's perhaps just being more familiar with the Dark Souls aesthetic.

Side note: they have made the backstabbing sound incredibly satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Flying through this just went through
    Carthus catacombs but seems I need a doll to go across the bridge

Loving this. Going with a Dex build, Uchi is too good!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Can you take the dragon out or is it a come back later and kill thing?

Sorcerer starts with heavy soul arrow?! From, five games in and you're getting too generous!

*figures out the cruel misery of the Ashen Estus flask mechanics*

From, you giveth and you taketh away :o

Played as far as the
    settlement
    there. Digging it so far. Oddly gentle beginning followed by surprisingly punishing first 'proper' level. Some nasty surprises already
    (tentacle thing)
    . Definitely feels a solid mix of familiar and new. Despite some fantastic sights and a solid 60FPS on Max (a few judders when selecting messages, oddly), it hasn't boasted quite the visual and atmospheric confidence of Bloodborne yet, although that's perhaps just being more familiar with the Dark Souls aesthetic.

Side note: they have made the backstabbing sound incredibly satisfying.

Yup, found a few of them so far, was a nasty surprise indeed, and sneaky. Like the one if you go
    right when you first leave the shrine, theres a normal enemy there to lure you and a passive one transforms

Here is how I took out the Mimic, spoiler don't watch if you don't want to see where he is http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Calex%20dEUS/video/16560707 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Can you take the dragon out or is it a come back later and kill thing?
    You can.
    There's a bow near the first bonfire and you can shoot him from the stairs underneath him which will protect you from his fire. Bring about 100 wooden arrows just to be sure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I started again as i'd learned a bit more about weapon arts, and having a much better time now. Killed the 1st boss (and the optional 1st boss) first time, and making my way through the 1st main area. Killed the naked Uchi guy as well (wasn't too bad using the Bow), and that weapon is bloody handy so far.

Quite tough so far, but really enjoying it. Already better then DS2.

Is there a fast way to quit the game on pc or do you have to go to main menu then quit game each time? (apart from trusty old alt+f4)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

BKtje wrote: »
    Is there a fast way to quit the game on pc or do you have to go to main menu then quit game each time? (apart from trusty old alt+f4)

Main menu, quit is how its done. You're not supposed to Alt F4 them because of how the saving works

Kiith wrote: »
    I started again as i'd learned a bit more about weapon arts, and having a much better time now. Killed the 1st boss (and the optional 1st boss) first time, and making my way through the 1st main area. Killed the naked Uchi guy as well (wasn't too bad using the Bow), and that weapon is bloody handy so far.

Quite tough so far, but really enjoying it. Already better then DS2.

Bows are actually quite useful for a change this time around, they do some good damage now.

• Advertisement

Another one I missed until I passed through the area again was the mimic loot, if you don;t kill him at his spawn point and kite him outside it will be back at the point he spawned at , quite a nice item too.

Advertisement