Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,256 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wait a second, weapons repair when you sit at a fire??? Bar on my uchi was at half when I sat down and then full when I stood up. Now thats welcome.

How you have a Uchi already? The NPC at Firelink is it? Might try kill him again so....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Mickeroo wrote: »
    How you have a Uchi already? The NPC at Firelink is it? Might try kill him again so....

He is on the left before you enter the building, even if you knock him off just rest at the bonfire and the loot will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Nooooo
    go back out and around up to the right facing out the door - be ready though

I've decided against using Uchi. Used it far too much in whichever prequel it was in.

If by again you mean you did kill him already or like me he fell off a cliff his loot will be where he was standing originally.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,256 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If by again you mean you did kill him already or like me he fell off a cliff his loot will be where he was standing originally.

I meant try again after failing miserably before :pac: just killed him there...Uchi will tide me over until I get a Iato or Manslayer (if either are actually in the game)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Spent 45 minutes in Firelink Shrine, didn't want to leave. Met Uchi man, kicked my ass. I thought all those bloodstains were just noobs :(

Keep stopping just to look at the scenery. On that note, i recommend setting the HUD to Auto which turns it off until you go into combat. Getting some lovely screenshots with it off.

I'm liking the addition of the unique skills to each weapon.

Besides picking up the Uchi in Firelink, I hope people also picked up the
    Covetous Silver Serpent Ring
    it is very handy earlier on.

I got an Axe with 100 dark on it , somewhere on the High Walls :confused:

Just spotted it in my bag now.

Can the ring of sacrifice be repaired this time ? Surely not?

• Advertisement

Is that not what the mimic dropped?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

completely lost on the gear system. any good guides around on upgrading, stats etc?

Just spotted it in my bag now.

Can the ring of sacrifice be repaired this time ? Surely not?

No it breaks like usual, but I have found several of them so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Is it possible to pick up the Uchi early on without a ranged attack?

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Is it possible to pick up the Uchi early on without a ranged attack?

Knock him off the cliff, rest at the bonfire and go back to where he fell off and the loot will be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Xenji wrote: »
    Knock him off the cliff, rest at the bonfire and go back to where he fell off and the loot will be there.

Sweet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If you time your parries well you can take him out.

That's a very big if though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

I made a new friend
    the giant archer and met an old friend too.

Is that not what the mimic dropped?

Ah yes that's where I got it , I was thinking it was the head gear but he dropped that outside where I killed him the Axe was back where he spawned.

The knights are doing my head in, their lunge distance is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,168 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

When I finished the final chalice dungeon in Bloodborne last week I was convinced I would be prepared for most things in DSIII but nope, getting my ass handed to me by regular mob enemies.

Fromsoft, you son of a bitch.

Bloodborne has made players soft ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Optional Boss
    Cursed Great tree was pretty handy to solo, got him my second go. For anyone stuck, just charge his eyes until you enter phase two and no more mobs spawn. Then hit the front eyes for a stagger, then the back. After this, you can only damage him by hitting his arm, if you keep your distance he will fully stand up and crash down beside you if you sprint to the right allowing 6-7 shots on his arm. Get some distance and rinse repeat, you probably won't take any damage this way, and it doesn't take very long. You can do this as soon as the arm sprouts if you're having trouble hitting the eyes

Is listing a bosses name outside the spoilers okay?

Also, if you find
    ashes, they can be given to the merchant in Firelink to improve her stock

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The knights are doing my head in, their lunge distance is ridiculous.

Just came on here to say that. I'm having a seriously hard time dealing with them, nevermind their red eyed friend. Bloody frustrating having to go through them over and over again.

I sometimes wonder why we put ourselves through this :P

I am now officially a Sunbro! Now to find the broken statue..,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Kiith wrote: »
    Just came on here to say that. I'm having a seriously hard time dealing with them, nevermind their red eyed friend. Bloody frustrating having to go through them over and over again.

I sometimes wonder why we put ourselves through this :P

I fought them with the Uchi and it really is a very strong weapon with one of the better battle arts. I parried them with the Uchi R2 art then as they are getting up circle to the back of them for a strong R2 R2 combo.

Protip, R2 attacks can be held for longer for increased damage just like in Bloodborne.

froog wrote: »
    completely lost on the gear system. any good guides around on upgrading, stats etc?

There's really not much to it. Pick a weapon you like. Get used to that weapon's play style. Upgrade that weapon. Upgrade stats to suit that weapon. Don't encumber yourself so you can still dodge. I'm still using the armour I started with.

What does the +29 next to a number mean? e.g. on my physical attack it says 130 +29

Where is the 29 coming from?

I am now officially a Sunbro! Now to find the broken statue..,

It didn't click with me until i read the item descriptions, but in the equipment screen you have to "equip" covenants for them to work instead of going to locations and pledging thy self. I have only found 3 so far but it seems you can swap to covenants at will

• Advertisement

There's really not much to it. Pick a weapon you like. Get used to that weapon's play style. Upgrade that weapon. Upgrade stats to suit that weapon. Don't encumber yourself so you can still dodge. I'm still using the armour I started with.

What does the +29 next to a number mean? e.g. on my physical attack it says 130 +29

Where is the 29 coming from?

Its the + Damage you get from weapon scaling. So you kinda have to do the math yourself to find what max damage will be after your stats scale the weapon. 159 in that weapons case

Advertisement