Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It didn't click with me until i read the item descriptions, but in the equipment screen you have to "equip" covenants for them to work instead of going to locations and pledging thy self. I have only found 3 so far but it seems you can swap to covenants at will

Aye I saw someone saying that here, but what am I gonna do with all these medals :pac: I presume the covenants have levels

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

20k Firelink Shrine key
    Not worth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

There's really not much to it. Pick a weapon you like. Get used to that weapon's play style. Upgrade that weapon. Upgrade stats to suit that weapon. Don't encumber yourself so you can still dodge. I'm still using the armour I started with.

What does the +29 next to a number mean? e.g. on my physical attack it says 130 +29

Where is the 29 coming from?

but if you start pumping souls into a weapon, aren't you kind of stuck with it? as in you're invested too heavily in it to change to another weapon?

also i picked some sweet looking lothric armour, but i can't seem to equip it, and it doesn't appear to have any requirements, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

froog wrote: »
    but if you start pumping souls into a weapon, aren't you kind of stuck with it? as in you're invested too heavily in it to change to another weapon?

also i picked some sweet looking lothric armour, but i can't seem to equip it, and it doesn't appear to have any requirements, any ideas?

Materials for upgrading are as common as muck in this game compared to the others, plenty of chances to experiment, but remember weapons also scale to your stats, so try and focus on a good synergy.

froog wrote: »

No, there's an enemy (somewhere) that drops Titanite, or a merchant that sells it. At the start of the game, the difference between base and +3 is immense. Basically once you find a titanite supply you can get every weapon upgraded a certain amount if you so wish

No idea on the armor

• Advertisement

20k Firelink Shrine key
    Not worth

But
    there's pickle pee, he's bound to have something good to trade for right ????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

But
    there's pickle pee, he's bound to have something good to trade for right ????
    You can get to Pickle for free if you hop up the tree, still have not used it though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,256 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Invasions and summonings failing for me all evening :(

Knights fall vs a Deep battle axe for me in 3 swings two handed , they don't even get a chance to escape the stun of the 1st hit ....... assuming I get the 1st hit :D

Edit....... ffs one of them just resined his sword or something..... not cool knight, not cool!!!!!!!

Summoning to beat bosses is cheating :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,256 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I am now officially a Sunbro! Now to find the broken statue..,

Hah,
    I literally fell through the floor by accident and just found the covenant too.

My only complaint so far is one that runs right back to the roots of the series and I'm shocked it hasn't changed. The bottom left part of the HUD is to f'n big!!!!!!

Ok its fashion souls time! C'mon boyzzz. Not sure if this will even work

snip

Oh damn thats huge.

Forget it, cant be arsed... Stupid PS4 not being a PC....grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

anyone periodically getting stuck like automoving moving to the side? i have to button bash a bit to stop it. very annoying.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

My only complaint so far is one that runs right back to the roots of the series and I'm shocked it hasn't changed. The bottom left part of the HUD is to f'n big!!!!!!
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    On that note, i recommend setting the HUD to Auto which turns it off until you go into combat. Getting some lovely screenshots with it off.

A few posts before yours.

F1ngers wrote: »
    A few posts before yours.

Aye saw it, I don't mind the HUD being there just bottom left has always been to big, if you set it to auto you have to remember to tap lb or any other combat button to bring it up to check HP before you round a corner I found.

You know how it is, the is it worth popping an estus decision :D

Fourth boss down
    He's super, super easy with some magic gear, the new farming spot I'd say

Seems you can still summon after beating a boss, wonder will that be fixed or not.

Its annoying me that not every enemy shows the number of souls dropped when you kill them

Servers must be getting hammered, could not summon, be summoned or invade for the last few hours.

I'm getting summoned within seconds, not sure how yours is so bad

• Advertisement

I'm getting summoned within seconds, not sure how yours is so bad

Maybe it's on my end then, will try resetting the router. Don't usually have issues like this so assumed it was teething problems.

04:40 and i think its time for a sleep :D 4 bosses down with me struggling on the 5th, which features in the intro cinematic. I have beat all bosses in 2-3 attempts but this one is a tough one, "The real Dark Souls starts" is an apt message outside the room.

Very impressed with the game thus far. All bosses so far have been unique encounters and not rehashes of previous games in the series, bar the first and the second to a lesser extent. The world IS interconnected. I have climbed to high areas that give a grandiose view of surrounding areas and i could spot places i have been or see landmarks that i could see from another location. At one point i was lost in a massive swamp to find my way to a tower that led back to an area much earlier in the game. Not to the point Dark Souls was, but it doesn't need to be because we have fast travel from the get go. But there is a good few areas where you come to a doorway that leads back to another door from earlier in your journey that was "Locked from the otherside" Its nice :D

Great game...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Anybody playing this on PC? Getting horrible lag no matter what my settings are. Lowest settings at 720p still having framerate drops to as low as 10. Seems that quite a few people are having problems. Bad form on Fromsoft's part to release an almost unplayable game and then to be completely silent on the issue...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Having no issues on pc at 2560 and all maxed. Getting between 50 and 60 fps though a slight hint of light nausea sometimes which I imagine is me getting used to gsync.

Found the best way to be summoned was to actually place my sign , leave it a few seconds then remove it. Almost every time I'd get summoned as soon as I'd hit A to remove it :confused:

I'm finding also the shield I started with is likely making me feel safer than I really am, I can actually just stand there and let a knight hit it , even twice and then switch to two hand on my axe/sword and get 2/3 hits on them to kill or take them to low health. I need to get my timing back on parry /riposte before it's too late lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I just can't get my parry timing correct at all so have abandoned trying.
    Now it's just dodge and attack, run and then repeat unless I can get a soul shot in.

Taltos wrote: »
    I just can't get my parry timing correct at all so have abandoned trying.
    Now it's just dodge and attack, run and then repeat unless I can get a soul shot in.

Try B followed by RB, works nicely for me in some situations.

Actually was that move always there? Can't recall having used it in previous games :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Had a run at it last night and enjoyed it. Got the first two bosses and the thing in the starting area down. Feels more bloodborne to me than DS2 from the visuals at least so far

Anybody playing this on PC? Getting horrible lag no matter what my settings are. Lowest settings at 720p still having framerate drops to as low as 10. Seems that quite a few people are having problems. Bad form on Fromsoft's part to release an almost unplayable game and then to be completely silent on the issue...

Maybe you are using integrated graphics rather than your graphics card? On my old laptop I would have to specify which program would use which gfx option through the nvidia control panel. Often it would select the wrong one by default. Just a thought.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Beat the first real boss on my first try. Hoping they get a bit tougher from here on out.

Advertisement