Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Got rid of the
    fire breathing Dragon, as he was bugging me. It always feels cheap using arrows like that, but the fact that he flies away makes suspect that he'll get his revenge...over and over and over again

Missed the
    estus ring
    the 1st time I went through the tower after buying the key , was worth the return trip ....... and the fall to my doom or 3 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Maybe you are using integrated graphics rather than your graphics card? On my old laptop I would have to specify which program would use which gfx option through the nvidia control panel. Often it would select the wrong one by default. Just a thought.

If could be the case for some people alright but I'm on a custom built desktop with no integrated graphics. My gpu is a little old at this stage but it's better than the min recommended spec so I should be able to play at low settings with a reduced resolution at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Anybody playing this on PC? Getting horrible lag no matter what my settings are. Lowest settings at 720p still having framerate drops to as low as 10. Seems that quite a few people are having problems. Bad form on Fromsoft's part to release an almost unplayable game and then to be completely silent on the issue...

It runs fine on PC, I get occasional drops to 30 which is pretty annoying but not game breaking, what're your specs?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,256 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Found the best way to be summoned was to actually place my sign , leave it a few seconds then remove it. Almost every time I'd get summoned as soon as I'd hit A to remove it :confused:

I'm finding also the shield I started with is likely making me feel safer than I really am, I can actually just stand there and let a knight hit it , even twice and then switch to two hand on my axe/sword and get 2/3 hits on them to kill or take them to low health. I need to get my timing back on parry /riposte before it's too late lol

I've never used parry outside of PvP in any of the souls games, always seems too risky unless you're using something like the Monastery Scimitar from ds2 where the parry window is huge. I usually try toll around for backstabs instead.

Is it the silver kite shield you start with as a knight? I found it last night and it was the first I came across with 100 physical defence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I've never used parry outside of PvP in any of the souls games, always seems too risky unless you're using something like the Monastery Scimitar from ds2 where the parry window is huge. I usually try toll around for backstabs instead.

Is it the silver kite shield you start with as a knight? I found it last night and it was the first I came across with 100 physical defence.

No, you start with the Knight shield which has better stats I think.

I think I've only done one back stab in this whole game. It never seems to work. Are some weapons incapable? I assume the whip can't do it but what about dual wielded katanas (one of the starting weapons)? What if I am hold them in just one hand with/without a shield?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

I've done it with an axe and short sword with shield. Animation was different in both cases. I assume you're talking about the thing from behind.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,256 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pretty sure just about every weapon has a backstab animation, probably not whips though yeah.

BKtje wrote: »
    I've done it with an axe and short sword with shield. Animation was different in both cases. I assume you're talking about the thing from behind.

I found a thrall axe with the special quickstep which steps you around or behind an enemy , very nice to have as a secondary and fighting the last of a ground or lone enemy and locked on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭adocholiday

It runs fine on PC, I get occasional drops to 30 which is pretty annoying but not game breaking, what're your specs?

i5 4460, 8GB RAM, Sapphire Radeon HD5870 Vapor-X (1GB)

I know the GPU is lacking but the minimum spec card is a lower performer than mine. I've OC'd the card and all no change. It's not just me, there are loads of people online complaining about the same issues (see this Reddit thread for example).

Just seems to be a very poorly optimized game for PCs

• Registered Users Posts: 20,519 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I using an axe , and have no problems backstabbing. Are you moving the directional button when doing it, cause you can't be moving when starting the animation as far as I can tell

The animation for the weapon art with the Uchi is awesome. Feel like a real badass when you hit 3-4 enemies with it :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

i5 4460, 8GB RAM, Sapphire Radeon HD5870 Vapor-X (1GB)

I know the GPU is lacking but the minimum spec card is a lower performer than mine. I've OC'd the card and all no change. It's not just me, there are loads of people online complaining about the same issues (see this Reddit thread for example).

Just seems to be a very poorly optimized game for PCs

Could be an issue with VRAM. 1 GB vram seems very low considering all the post processing. The game is designed for consoles with 8GB unified memory (of which 3-4 GB is probably used as VRAM).

Kiith wrote: »
    The animation for the weapon art with the Uchi is awesome. Feel like a real badass when you hit 3-4 enemies with it :)

Yeah it's great, haven't really been able to get the parry one to work yet though.

Have folks ith melee builds been putting much into FP? I had ignored it at first as I assumed it was just mana.

Yeah it's great, haven't really been able to get the parry one to work yet though.

Have folks ith melee builds been putting much into FP? I had ignored it at first as I assumed it was just mana.

I just opted for one less estus and run 2 of the FP flasks (can recall their name) even then I forget to use the move so I'm either going to switch back my flasks or make a determined effort to use it more.

I just opted for one less estus and run 2 of the FP flasks (can recall their name) even then I forget to use the move so I'm either going to switch back my flasks or make a determined effort to use it more.

I've been reluctant to sacrifice my health estus thus far. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I've been reluctant to sacrifice my health estus thus far. :o

I guess it depends on the weapon. Some of the weapon arts are very lacking, but others are very good. I'm using a Scythe and the art is very poor, only does a little more damage than a reg attack and its very slow. I would rather attack twice with a reg attack and stack the bleed. The Katana on the other hand gets a parry and a very fast attack that covers alot of distance. Seems some of the arts may have been an after thought.

I just beat the 5th boss and let me tell ya the weapon you get from his soul...Not only is it cool aesthetically but the art skill is stylish as all hell! May be worth using just because of how cool it looks. Devil May Cry esque in its attack Joe

I'll probably get him more trying to use weapons arts more then i would trying to run and hide, so i think i'll also stick with the regular Estus flask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

fucking amazon..

HURRY UP! :mad:

"Shipping today" when its meant to be arriving today, plus ive then to wait on parcel motel.

I want this game in my eyeballs now!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

I know most people have said that they found the second boss quite easy but as a pyromancer I'm having real trouble.
    I'm having to abandon pyromancy altogether and just get in close and personal with the stabby stabby cos else he just wtf owns me during casting animation

Giant Rat
    gave me some fright :eek:

In undead settlement you come in to the main area at the start with the
    Fatty and his pals
    take a right over the bridge there, and eventually the path brings you to a stone bridge with a gatehouse/tower
    with 3 guys throwing bombs at you on it

Any idea how to get up there :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Undead settlement must be a candidate for the most labyrinthine Souls area yet. There are so many substantial side paths to follow! Impressive stuff, if a bit mind-melting when you want to try and find your way back to one specific spot :P

Undead settlement must be a candidate for the most labyrinthine Souls area yet. There are so many substantial side paths to follow! Impressive stuff, if a bit mind-melting when you want to try and find your way back to one specific spot :P

I've a mental note of at least 4 more routes to check out and I've seen a fair chunk of the area already

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Giant Rat
    gave me some fright :eek:

In undead settlement you come in to the main area at the start with the
    Fatty and his pals
    take a right over the bridge there, and eventually the path brings you to a stone bridge with a gatehouse/tower
    with 3 guys throwing bombs at you on it

Any idea how to get up there :confused:
    Walk along the edge of the rock face overlooking the chasm. There is a drop down to ledge with a bonfire, YAY

One of my NPCs is dead and a new NPC that i met earlier has moved into Firelink Shrine. I am so close to disemboweling him but hes not laughing in a very sinister way at the end of every conversation. Ill keep my eye on him....

One of the firelink NPCs moved outside after I talked to him when I first got there yesterday,
    he was kneeling at a grave with a sword which I took to be Artorias' sword?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I've a mental note of at least 4 more routes to check out and I've seen a fair chunk of the area already

Yeah it's mental. Hell, the
    tower lift
    near the end of the level alone leads to at least
    two mini-bosses. And worth travelling to the very top too for one hell of an ally NPC!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Joined SubBro during lunch and already have 3 sunlight medals!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

It's a pretty humbling experience to come away from Bloodborne having soloed absolutely everything including the DLC and chalice dungeons to get the platinum, thinking I'm totally ready for DS3, only to get absolutely creamed by the first boss.
    Took me about 6 attempts I think. I'll just have to reassure myself it was because I started as deprived.
    Suspect I'm about to fight the second boss, so let's see how that goes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

near the end of the level alone leads to at least

Don't recall this, where is it?

Advertisement