Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

sweetie wrote: »
    Don't recall this, where is it?
    You buy the sewer key at firelink and follow the path behind the locked door in the sewer. Think you might need to give an item - somebody's bone fragment? - to expand the Firelink merchant's inventory first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Mickeroo wrote: »
    One of the firelink NPCs moved outside after I talked to him when I first got there yesterday,
    he was kneeling at a grave with a sword which I took to be Artorias' sword?

I attacked him a few times before realising he was an NPC yesterday. Don't be sitting outside where the enemies are if you want to not get attacked i say.

Thankfully he didn't seem to mind getting hit a few times, and he moved back inside now , so he learned his lesson :pac:

Yeah it's mental. Hell, the
    tower lift
    near the end of the level alone leads to at least
    two mini-bosses. And worth travelling to the very top too for one hell of an ally NPC!

I'm fairly sure that
    first mini boss is impossible. Ridiculously fast with no apparent openers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

It's a pretty humbling experience to come away from Bloodborne having soloed absolutely everything including the DLC and chalice dungeons to get the platinum, thinking I'm totally ready for DS3, only to get absolutely creamed by the first boss.
    Took me about 6 attempts I think. I'll just have to reassure myself it was because I started as deprived.
    Suspect I'm about to fight the second boss, so let's see how that goes...

This. I just finished a run of BB before starting this and i thought it would be a breeze. I have died alot outside of boss fights! You really have to play patient in Dark Souls compared to BB. If an enemy tags you in BB your reaction is to get in his face and earn that HP back. I was doing this for a while in this game but i have since adjusted my play style. If you get hit, recoup and plan again. Unless you're wearing heavy poise armour and a greatsword, then you just trade blows :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Man - lost connection to the server and it reset me to the title menu - bloody hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm fairly sure that

Get stuck in and you should stagger him after a few hits.
    Beat him handy with my battle axe. Took refuge behind the pillars when i needed health.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah got annihilated on my first and only attempt so far. The other one is super easy though,
    especially with the assistance of a certain onion-y companion.
    Taltos wrote: »
    Man - lost connection to the server and it reset me to the title menu - bloody hell.

My PC wi-fi dongle has a bizarre tendency to just temporarily stop working once an hour or so, so unfortunately this is a reasonably common occurrence for me :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've gotten that a few times as well. Had a Knight running at me last night when it happened, but thankfully it seemed to go back a few seconds before the fight started.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Started this at lunch and rolled a Warrior this time. I finished DS1 and DS2 playing as a Knight but I like the Warrior this time around. Anyway the first area is a walk in the park with him. I killed the first boss first time in about 6 hits. Got to the main base area, leveled up a bit and logged off but from what I have seen, I am liking it and cant wait to get stuck back in.

Out of curiosity, what classes did everyone else roll?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

I'm a bit suspicious of Yoel.
    I've gotten about 5 free soul levels from her. Dark Souls doesn't give you anything for nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Where to after you kill the decons of the deep, theres no obvious route. I suppose] back to farran keep

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Evade wrote: »
    I'm a bit suspicious of Yoel.
    I've gotten about 5 free soul levels from her. Dark Souls doesn't give you anything for nothing.
    Ahh, you have attained ample strength.
    All will soon be clear, my good lord...

There may be trouble ahead:

F1ngers wrote: »
    Ahh, you have attained ample strength.
    All will soon be clear, my good lord...
    That's the last thing I heard.

If anyone's wondering who trades boss souls it's
    the king sitting on the throne in Firelink. You'll need a kiln of transformation first.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

had my first meeting with the
    diabolical patches!
    aah the memories!

The icon on the stop left of my screen has changed to a blue background with what looks to be an eclipsed moon on it :confused:

ANy idea what that was for? Maybe tied to Yoel or the other guy after I have him something

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,256 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The icon on the stop left of my screen has changed to a blue background with what looks to be an eclipsed moon on it :confused:

ANy idea what that was for? Maybe tied to Yoel or the other guy after I have him something
    Sounds like you're in the Way of the Blue covenant, so if someone invades you another play will be summoned as a Blue Sentinel to protect you. You get it from the person on the throne just before you fight Vordt.

That's the covenant icon. You equip covenants next to your armour instead of having to chase down a covenant leader every time you want to change.

How do you invade another players world

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

How do you invade another players world

cracked red orb, guy next to the throne in firelink shrine gives you some

:eek: The guys with the big pots
    can actually throw them at you

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

:eek: The guys with the big pots
    can actually throw them at you

First time it happened to me, I was doing a speed run to retrieve some souls, ploughed out of I was - could only laugh.

I see a divorce on the horizon unless there is a twin out of shot :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

So I did some jolly co-op on the abyss watchers and we beat them. Then I'm all embered up with a load of souls near the bonfIre and the wife calls and I get invaded and i'm running around like benny hill trying to get her off the phone and lose this fecker until he kills me! ahhh

Met
    Seigward
    what a bad ass , he
    hopped down off a ledge and helped me kill a big fire demon and by help I mean I stood and watched
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nearly bought this today but realised I still have Bloodborne GoTY sitting unplayed on my hard-drive. Have to at least give that a go first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Anyone who ordered from The Game Collection still waiting for their copy? I'm in Limerick City and it was a no-show again today. Reading this thread is hellish for my anticipation. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone who ordered from The Game Collection still waiting for their copy? I'm in Limerick City and it was a no-show again today. Reading this thread is hellish for my anticipation. :(

People got their copies on Saturday or Monday with Parcel Motel, with An Post you should of got it yesterday, I have never had an issue with them.

I got mine yesterday via An Post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Yeah I thought maybe something got it held up yesterday but the fact it didn't arrive today either has me a bit concerned. I imagine without a tracker An Post will basically tell me to f-off?

Advertisement