Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'm really digging the new title music

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,256 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nearly bought this today but realised I still have Bloodborne GoTY sitting unplayed on my hard-drive. Have to at least give that a go first.

You're better off playing this first while the online population is high.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

2 Questions. 1. What stat should I increase to make my weapon swings faster, I have the required stats for the Great Sword but its a bit slow. Does some damage though 2.Where are the other 2 flame pots to extinguish? The first one is fair easy to find , up the first set of steps

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,256 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

lol I thought I had gotten someone very similar to an old friend killed
    talked to Siegward and found him again looking at the big fire demon, thought I'd cheese the fight by shooting it with my bow from the roof, then Siegward jumps down and that was that, so I had to get the sword out and follow. Was sure he'd be toast and I had screwed up his questline straight away. Worked out alright though!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    lol I thought I had gotten someone very similar to an old friend killed
    talked to Siegward and found him again looking at the big fire demon, thought I'd cheese the fight by shooting it with my bow from the roof, then Siegward jumps down and that was that, so I had to get the sword out and follow. Was sure he'd be toast and I had screwed up his questline straight away. Worked out alright though!

Ha same thing happened me, then I was making my way through that area looking for a way out and was up on the roofs after some nasty surprises spotted a tower hopped down to it and fell to my demise , got killed on the way back to collect about 12k in souls :(

Edit: Is there actually a way in or out of there other than
    going up the tower lift and though the ledge he was on then through the buildings roofs to the tower i died on
    :confused:

• Advertisement

Ha same thing happened me, then I was making my way through that area looking for a way out and was up on the roofs after some nasty surprises spotted a tower hopped down to it and fell to my demise , got killed on the way back to collect about 12k in souls :(

going up the tower lift and though the ledge he was on then through the buildings roofs to the tower i died on

There didn't seem to be any way down from that tower without hurting yourself, I had only a slither of health left when I got to it so essentially had no choice but to kill myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Just beat Vordt solo. He wasnt as tough as the lets plays had me believe
    get between his hinde legs all smash till you have no green left
    . this game is a hell of a rush! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

I found a coal (ember).
    It's in the Road of Sacrifices in the building that has the Farron Keep bonfire but accessed through a different entrance, follow the outside wall along the swamp. There's a pretty tough Black Knight guarding it.

For anyone doing Soul Transposing, the ring is
    pretty useless. Restores HP with each successive attack, but they can't all be on the same enemy, hit two enemies at once and it doesn't work either, one shotting enemies doesn't do anything. As far as I can tell, you need to combo attacks but every swing must hit a new enemy to he the boost. Its 30hp a go when it does work, so it has uses but its hard to implement. For thrust weapons I'd say it has power but you still need power to get use from it

I managed to get back and grab my souls, had estus this time so made it down the tower, worth going back as
    the Cloranthy ring is there.

• Advertisement

pretty useless. Restores HP with each successive attack, but they can't all be on the same enemy, hit two enemies at once and it doesn't work either, one shotting enemies doesn't do anything. As far as I can tell, you need to combo attacks but every swing must hit a new enemy to he the boost. Its 30hp a go when it does work, so it has uses but its hard to implement. For thrust weapons I'd say it has power but you still need power to get use from it
    I wasted my souls on that too.

Glad I held off
    will grab that Dex greatsword instead so

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Bloody tree. You have bested me for now but I shall return!

Loads of fun this game :D

BKtje wrote: »

I posted a strategy for the tree not far back, its listed as an optional boss before the spoiler tag

I hate the braziers everywhere, I hear a crackling of flame "BONFIRE!!!" but its just a torch :( Every damn time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

2 Questions. 1. What stat should I increase to make my weapon swings faster, I have the required stats for the Great Sword but its a bit slow. Does some damage though 2.Where are the other 2 flame pots to extinguish? The first one is fair easy to find , up the first set of steps

Anyone? I hate the
    Farran Keep
    area, just seems to be no way out of it

Anyone? I hate the
    Farran Keep
    area, just seems to be no way out of it
    1. As far as I know weapon swing is a set speed

2. I'm there now look for fire in the sky.

Cathedral of the Deep is my new favourite area
    dat giant trap tho

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Cathedral of the Deep is my new favourite area

Boss wasn't too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I really liked the swamp at first, probably my favourite area so far, but once you die and you have to trudge through the water again and again it gets tiresome. A Rusted Iron ring type item would have been nice.

There was a split there and the game seemed to left me go one route or another just like in Dark Souls 1 after you meet Gwynevere but shortly after it set me down one path again. I hope it opens up abit at some point.

Also went back to some earlier areas as i knew there was areas behind locked doors still to be discovered. 3 Areas i missed in Undead Settlement and a smaller one in Lothric :rolleyes:

BKtje wrote: »

I'll have to return too, got there with no estus and died immediately and of course I forgot to open the f'n door :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Edwardririth

Dark Souls 3 is probably my favorite Souls so far when it comes to gameplay. Combat is fast (not as Bloodborne, but just enough to make things more interesting), fluid and thrilling. Enemies are faster, more aggressive and smarter, too. This time, you have Weapon Arts, which are different skills and movesets for several weapons in the game, that when used, consume Focus Points. Yes, the Demon's Souls Mana bar is back. The level design is SO GOOD this time, although it's not as interconnected as Dark Souls 1, it's big to the point of making you feel lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I hate that tree. Best moment so far was teaming up with
    Siegward

With the tree, once I realised you could
    slash the pods on the end of his limbs first
    it got easier. Still needed two sunbros with me to get it done though.

I wonder will we get an Old Monk or Looking Glass Knight Boss style boss fight! They were my favourites in Demons and Dark 2

Mickeroo wrote: »
    With the tree, once I realised you could
    slash the pods on the end of his limbs first
    it got easier. Still needed two sunbros with me to get it done though.

Cheating :pac:

So that elevator randomly went up rather than down. Now I will only go down. Whats the deal? I can't reclaim my souls :(

Figured it out...

So that elevator randomly went up rather than down. Now I will only go down. Whats the deal? I can't reclaim my souls :(

Figured it out...
    There's 2 platforms connected to each other. One goes up, one goes down. If you're going the wrong way go to the entrance level, trigger the lift and then step off.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got completely lost in Lothric, ended up in the boss room unprepared. No fog gate huh DS? have some nice Lothric Knight armour and an aze that does 103 physical and 103 Dark damage that's fairly wrecking house...until I'm the one getting wrecked.

I feel like I've missed a bon fire, trekking around for ages.

Brilliant game

Fuuuuuuck you Dark Soooooouls

Have a few character met now and I have a feeling this will be hard with out looking stuff up to keep some from cancelling others quests out , already screwed 2 up I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Got to the third area and my frame rate completely tanked, this happen to anyone else?

Advertisement