Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,348 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Invading is a dick move, get used to being screwed over if you want to push it. You're totally interrupting another players game, that's not really fair either :pac:

There's a covenant that allows you to drop an invasion sign (as a Mad Invader, as above) and you'll run into less gank squads that way. In DS2 I was had a couple of hundred fights as a summoned invader and only 10-20 gank squads

It's part of the game really. If it happens to me I just laugh and take it. That's just Dark Souls. Anyway it's fun to invade sometimes knowing that you are messing with someone elses game :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,257 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

**** giant crabs,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Finding the abyss watchers tough, any tips and it also seems you can only summon 1pers as opposed to the usual 2, why is this
    Didn't use summons. Fight the first one for about 30 seconds or so until his mate turns up. At this point i ran like a little girl till the red eye watcher came along. Normally thats enough to finish the guy off. Is second phase is really hard though. You have to pick your shots well because he can poise right through your combo and hurt you bad.

What i found to work is to back off say, 15-20 feet. This will make the AI use 1 of 4 gap closing lunge moves. Don't punish the ground slide straight away as he will follow if up with 2 other moves if you near enough. Straight stab can be punished with back stab or combo. Ground fire thingy can also be punished hard. And his spinning over head air smash can also be punished.

Good luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's part of the game really. If it happens to me I just laugh and take it. That's just Dark Souls. Anyway it's fun to invade sometimes knowing that you are messing with someone elses game :)

No I don't have a problem with it, but I'm just saying not to be surprised by gank squads if you're invading

You mentioned earlier about raising the Bridge in the Cathedral. I couldn't find the lever to raise one of them, the middle one. I left it and ****ed off somewhere else but i wanna clear out the zone. Help? :rolleyes: Don't want to go on a wiki

Also regarding fog doors.....there is one so far i found.

Yeah I couldn't get it lifted either! If anyone has the know how please share

Also, I'm on mobile so I'm sorry for all the individual posts guys, there's no multiquote

• Advertisement

Also, I'm on mobile so I'm sorry for all the individual posts guys, there's no multiquote

I'm just lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

It's a little complicated.
    When you get to the floor of the area where the giants are there's a way out on the opposite side to where you came in. It opens up a shortcut back to the bonfire and a lift. Go up the lift and then out onto the roof. From here you can get back into the giant room on the rafters. From the rafters you can drop down onto a wooden ledge on the opposite side to the one you came in, then drop down again and the next lever will be almost right in front of you.

Evade wrote: »
    It's a little complicated.
    When you get to the floor of the area where the giants are there's a way out on the opposite side to where you came in. It opens up a shortcut back to the bonfire and a lift. Go up the lift and then out onto the roof. From here you can get back into the giant room on the rafters. From the rafters you can drop down onto a wooden ledge on the opposite side to the one you came in, then drop down again and the next lever will be almost right in front of you.
    I had climbed the tower and all, never copped dropping onto the buttress! Thanks

I had climbed the tower and all, never copped dropping onto the buttress! Thanks
    There was a note on the ground and landing area so I took a chance.

Any hints as to what the crows want? Shiny? Soft? Smooth?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,257 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There's been a crow in all the games and you can usually trade tonnes of stuff with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

These areas feel huge. I spent a good 2-3 hours just exploring all of Undead Settlement before tackling the boss.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's been a crow in all the games and you can usually trade tonnes of stuff with them.
    What they want usually has a theme like shiny (DeS), soft (DkS 1), or smooth (DkS 2).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

wahey got a great scythe, stats not great though. in fact none of the weapons i've got so far are better than my starting knight's sword.

I just went through dropping everything under "Tools" section. Didn't drop any weapons or Armour. Heres what i can remember
    Fire Bomb = Titan Large Shard
    Black Fire Bomb - Titan Chunk
    Homeward Boner = Twinkling Titan
    The Beer that Sieg, she takes and gives you Solaires armour. Also got Solairs gloves/cuffs but i forget what i dropped.

Also dropped some other stuff that i dont recall. She gave me 2 gestures. One is audible! Character shouts "HEY!"

Also dropped some other stuff that i dont recall. She gave me 2 gestures. One is audible! Character shouts "HEY!"

New PvP gesture..

You have summoned Dark Spirit Sm3llyB0lloCkS

"Hey" "Hey" "Hey" "Hey"... And so on so forth :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I just went through dropping everything under "Tools" section. Didn't drop any weapons or Armour. Heres what i can remember
    Fire Bomb = Titan Large Shard
    Black Fire Bomb - Titan Chunk
    Homeward Boner = Twinkling Titan
    The Beer that Sieg, she takes and gives you Solaires armour. Also got Solairs gloves/cuffs but i forget what i dropped.

it's a bitch using the shortcut to do it each time though. took me ages the only time i did it

Lads what does one do in Farron Keep? I don't get it at all

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,428 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Anyone else notice co-op on PC being well... completely broken? :pac:

Had summoned a few folk on Tuesday with no bother at all, but decided to try some sunbroing before bed tonight after defeating
    the tree
    . Tried it five or so times and every time was the same - the other players just speeding/floating around the place with no animations whatsoever. Not only that, but the boss was banjaxed too, just kinda spinning on the spot and doing no damage. Same thing every time.

On the plus side, the boss was still beatable that way, so some easy medals and earned enough souls to open the damn tower too :pac:

Never mind

This is a silly area.

Cool, but silly

• Advertisement

The swampy blight town type area?
    You have to extinguish three flames, look for the chimneys with fire coming out of them, that will open up a big stone door near a bonfire.

I just got the coal there for the blacksmith and looking at the infusion options
    it seems you can use a heavy gem to improve strength scaling on a weapon (so D will become a C for example) and sharp infusion does the same for Dex scaling.
    Reluctant to use it on the Uchi just yet though.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The swampy blight town type area?
    You have to extinguish three flames, look for the chimneys with fire coming out of them, that will open up a big stone door near a bonfire.

I just got the coal there for the blacksmith and looking at the infusion options
    it seems you can use a heavy gem to improve strength scaling on a weapon (so D will become a C for example) and sharp infusion does the same for Dex scaling.
    Reluctant to use it on the Uchi just yet though.

Im about level 50 right now with 35 Dex. I upgraded my Scythe to Sharp, left my Uchi at regular and im using another fancy Frost Blade with scales with Dex. I think my Uchi as at +5 and if i infuse it to sharp i lose 3 Damage :p Could be because i have 17 in STR also. You can also revert infusions and you won't lose your reinforcement level. Same goes for infusing them, they will stay at whatever level they are currently on

So I found the Catacombs
    WHERE ARE THE NECROMANCERS

As per previous boss
    That was a kickass fight, very reminiscent of Lady Maria in Bloodborne

So I found the Catacombs
    WHERE ARE THE NECROMANCERS
    Some of the skeletons are necromancers, the ones that fire off the purple magic. The skeletons disintegrate before their health is gone too so you'll have to demolish them twice.

Is the sound in the Catacombs really staticy for anyone else? On PC

Oh ****, they brought back (Area)
    The Tower of Latria
    4am, too spooky :eek: I might just go to bed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Is the sound in the Catacombs really staticy for anyone else? On PC

Fine for me, got killed in one hit by the boss so off to bed

sweetie wrote: »
    Fine for me, got killed in one hit by the boss so off to bed

Think it was my headphones.

Spoiler safe for anyone who's met the boss
    I hit R3 and found 4 different lock on points :( I just sat there, spooked as hell until I decided to grab the item. Its way too late for this level of spook

On another note, only 16% of people have beaten the Cathedral Boss, and like 20% the first Lord of Cinders, which is far higher than I expected

Just got invaded by another player in the spooky area im currently in. Lucky for me i had to double back to the start of the zone to pick up an item. Saw from his fall damage that he was running ahead of me. The enemies in that area sap your max HP just by looking at them, they are pretty cheap. I was down to 10% of my HP with 1 Estus left. So i just turned myself into a chair and waited for 15 minutes lol.

Other guy was patient as well....until i used a Seed of Giants on his ass! Next thing i know i get a pop up for some twinkling titanite and 1000 souls before he dies. Thanks guy. Used a homeward bone right after he died, phew.

• Advertisement

That swamp area is ugly as hell

Advertisement