Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,257 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That swamp area is ugly as hell

My strategy there was just grab as much loot as I could and not worry about losing souls, the bigger enemies are very difficult there. Though the giant crab
    got taken out by a buddy I made earlier in the game
    :)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    My strategy there was just grab as much loot as I could and not worry about losing souls, the bigger enemies are very difficult there. Though the giant crab
    got taken out by a buddy I made earlier in the game
    :)

Well I meant graphically. Every thing else so far looked great. The trees stick out like a sore thumb over a weird orangey floor. That
    giant grab
    though...

There are a few OMG WTF RUN RUN RUN moments in this game so far. Gotta love them. Mine have been:
    walking through that sewer up to the giant rat in the fog. Calmly taking out a crab or two in the swamp just to be rushed by the big momma crab. Seeing the first enemy on the Road of Sacrifices; he appeared very meek at first and suddenly alarm bells went off. I was thinking,"REMEMBER YOUR TRAINING!!! REMEMBER YOUR TRAINING!! WEAK APPEARING ENEMY EQUALS IMPENDING DOOM!!". Sure enough he sprouted angel of death style wings. Too bad they weren't much of a challenge

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

What's the advantage of a dex scaling weapon over a strength scaling one?

Why can you only summon 1 person to help you in abyss watchers fight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

None, depends on if your Dex or Str is higher. Str weapons tend to be bigger, slower, heavier and harder hitting, whereas Dex weapons are quicker but weaker

Can you spoiler boss fight names so any advice isn't spoiling it either.
    not sure about summons, but you can just fish for backstabs and stunlock him with a summon in phase 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I've been doing lots of invading, 40+ pale tongues so far but most people seem to be playing through areas with 1or 2 summons with them.

Does that not trivialise the single player for them?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,257 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

All depends on your build, you shouldnt really be aiming for using both, should be one or the other. My Dex is at 28 now but I haven't leveled up strength at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

For anyone interested, there is a free (for ps+ users) dynamic theme on PS store for DS 3. Cool background but standard PS music. Would have been class if they used a track from the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Anyone know if there is a sound pre-set for this for the Playstation Headphone App like there was for Bloodborne?

I've been doing lots of invading, 40+ pale tongues so far but most people seem to be playing through areas with 1or 2 summons with them.

Does that not trivialise the single player for them?

If they were playing co-op the whole way probably but i see it as more of a mechanism to get lower skilled or new players through the game. If thats how they choose to play so be it. Bad news for you though :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,348 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A rule of thumb is that Strength scaling weapons are usually massive weapons that are slow, heavy with poor rally potential but big damage output. Dex weapons are faster, lighter and are easier to combo but don't stagger as well and you need to combo more to reach their full damage potential. Also Dex is good for bows and crossbows so can be a good back up weapon for dex builds.

all out of embers and the shrine handmaid has stopped selling them, anywhere I can get some

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

all out of embers and the shrine handmaid has stopped selling them, anywhere I can get some

Get summoned. You'll get embered if you help the player beat the level boss.

Anyone wanting cracked red eye orbs
    they seem to be a guaranteed drop for those knights outside the abyss watchers

claymore or uchigatana

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

claymore or uchigatana

Going off previous games in the series both are very good weapons. Uchi remains good in this game but I have yet to try the Claymore. I think claymore is more of a strength weapon, but you can always infuse it to scale with whatever you want but it may not be the most optimal thing to do

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Evade wrote: »
    That's the last thing I heard.

He's dead and
    Yuria
    is there.

Don't know what's going on.
    Might be some sort of
    Yurt
    esque type of episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

F1ngers wrote: »
    He's dead and
    Yuria
    is there.

Don't know what's going on.
    Might be some sort of
    Yurt
    esque type of episode.
    I think I might have screwed myself a little. I found
    a sorcery tome but no one will take it so I might not be able to get any advanced sorcery until NG+.

Did anyone else feel bad when
    You use up Yoel of Lundors Upgrades and he dies?

I'm pretty sure he's the reason
    I'm hollow
    now.

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    I think I might have screwed myself a little. I found
    a sorcery tome but no one will take it so I might not be able to get any advanced sorcery until NG+.

There is an
    advanced sorcery
    guy near
    halfway fortress
    - won't entertain me as my stats are too low.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure he's the reason
    I'm hollow
    now.

It is , you got progressively more so
    after every death once you took the 1st level from him, you even have a hollow stat mine about 50 I think
    be careful about undoing it.

Are there any down sides ? it seems purely
    cosmetic
    :confused:
    Yuria does not like it if you reverse the hollowing by giving the soul to the keeper

Though that said she has a ring that
    masks the cosmetic effect
    :confused: So I'm thinking there may be a downside to it the game isn't just going to hand you
    5 free levels

Have found the "
    Asylum Demon
    " above the
    Old Wolf of Farron

Cannot evade his grab any time he uses it.

EDIT:
    Beat him.
    Soul of a Stray Demon

It is , you got progressively more so
    after every death once you took the 1st level from him, you even have a hollow stat mine about 50 I think
    be careful about undoing it.

Are there any down sides ? it seems purely
    cosmetic
    :confused:
    Yuria does not like it if you reverse the hollowing by giving the soul to the keeper

Though that said she has a ring that
    masks the cosmetic effect
    :confused: So I'm thinking there may be a downside to it the game isn't just going to hand you
    5 free levels

My thinking
    it has something to do with the ending of the game, The NPC that replaced Yorl has told me to marry another hollow NPC I haven't found yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Nice fashion souls tip. When equipping armour and such if you press R3 you can remove the stats from the menu screen and see your character! Its pretty great. Fashion > Stats. But i do need a medium roll. Fast roll is anything under 20%, middle roll is from 20% - 70% and fat roll is over 70%

I'm also using a torch alot in this game. There have been no pitch black areas yet but some are very Dark. Its nice to get a look at the finer details of areas. Also if you hold the torch in your left hand and press L1 (Attack) your character raises the torch above their head and it illuminates more of the area! And it looks cool!

Nice fashion souls tip. When equipping armour and such if you press R3 you can remove the stats from the menu screen and see your character! Its pretty great. Fashion > Stats. But i do need a medium roll. Fast roll is anything under 20%, middle roll is from 20% - 70% and fat roll is over 70%

I'm also using a torch alot in this game. There have been no pitch black areas yet but some are very Dark. Its nice to get a look at the finer details of areas. Also if you hold the torch in your left hand and press L1 (Attack) your character raises the torch above their head and it illuminates more of the area! And it looks cool!

If you use that menu mode to consume the souls consumables you don't have to keep going in and out of your menu.

Just beat the abyss watchers there, enjoyable boss fight, reminded me of Artorias but a bit easier. There's two NPCs that can help
    but it seems you can only summon one of them, and they each give you a gesture

I can see the Abyss watcher greatsword being a popular PvP choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Still waiting on my copy to arrive to Parcel motel

These last few pages here, look like a CIA redacted document hah :pac:

I cant believe Amazon are so bad at dispatching games on release, i thought they would be one of the best. They didnt even dispatch it until a day after release :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,039 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Would it be bad if I went straight from DS to DS3?
    Is DS2 really worth picking up or would I be better off skipping it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

timmyntc wrote: »
    Would it be bad if I went straight from DS to DS3?
    Is DS2 really worth picking up or would I be better off skipping it?

DS2 is great, i actually prefer it to DS.. May aswell go DS2 first as it might be harder to stick with it after DS3 if ya decide to play it then due to the graphics difference..

• Advertisement

I don't feel bad for
    Yoel, seeing as he fulfilled his purpose and could finally die. He tells you he was the only one that couldn't die for reasons unknown to him. Turns out he just had to survive to drag out your full power. I did feel a slight pang when I did the rounds to check in on people and noticed the shrivelled body, but it's a good thing - for him and for you.

Its a good way of looking at it,i didnt realise it was finite amount of times though so went i went back and he was lying there it was a bit of a shock..

Advertisement