Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

timmyntc wrote: »
    Would it be bad if I went straight from DS to DS3?
    Is DS2 really worth picking up or would I be better off skipping it?

Dark Souls 1 has more Lore ties to Dark Souls 3 than 2 does. If Dark 2 didn't exist we would be none the wiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,039 ✭✭✭timmyntc

nix wrote: »
    DS2 is great, i actually prefer it to DS.. May aswell go DS2 first as it might be harder to stick with it after DS3 if ya decide to play it then due to the graphics difference..

Dont care much for graphics, or framerate in fact (*cough* blighttown *cough*). A good game is a good game, whether or not I can play it on ultra maxx settings doesn't bother me.
    Dark Souls 1 has more Lore ties to Dark Souls 3 than 2 does. If Dark 2 didn't exist we would be none the wiser.
    Good to hear. I think i'll pick up 3 first, then 2 sometime in the future when I have more free time on my hands

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I enjoyed the fight against the Catacomb boss, it was pretty intense!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,257 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

My hollowing stat is at 99 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

timmyntc wrote: »
    Dont care much for graphics, or framerate in fact (*cough* blighttown *cough*). A good game is a good game, whether or not I can play it on ultra maxx settings doesn't bother me.

Good to hear. I think i'll pick up 3 first, then 2 sometime in the future when I have more free time on my hands

aye fair play, for some it is an issue, so just highlighting thats the only downfall. As it is an excellent game and worth playing.

There are some games i tried to go back and play but just couldnt as they just felt clunky, dragon age is a recent example for me :D

• Advertisement

Bah, I had no idea I'd made myself hollow. I was wondering why my character was looking undead. I hated the way my character constantly looked undead in the old games. I hope there is a way to undo this.

How do I hollow? I haven't the stat for it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I hope there is a way to undo this.
    There is!

Have to say I don't think I've valued extra Estus slots as much as I have in this. Have seven now, so split 5:2 and finally feel like I'm getting towards a decent balance (although an extra Ashen one wouldn't hurt!). The default flasks also seem a bit scabby, so the +1 makes a significant difference.

There is!

Have to say I don't think I've valued extra Estus slots as much as I have in this. Have seven now, so split 5:2 and finally feel like I'm getting towards a decent balance (although an extra Ashen one wouldn't hurt!). The default flasks also seem a bit scabby, so the +1 makes a significant difference.

Are the blue estus really that useful? I have a 7:0 split. The special attack is only effective in niche situations imo.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,257 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There is!

There's a ring that gives you extra estus too. Can't remember where I got it now though.

I'm in the catacombs with 9 estus at +2.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Are the blue estus really that useful? I have a 7:0 split. The special attack is only effective in niche situations imo.

They are essential when you're a sorcerer :)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's a ring that gives you extra estus too. Can't remember where I got it now though.

I've 8 at +4, get hunting for those bone shards.

At base they restore 250hp, +1 is 335hp and +2 is 450hp I believe, never counted any after that.

Maybe Bloodborne has ruined me but I'm having to keep pumping stats into Endurance or my stamina feels too low to combo with

20 Vigor
    25 Endurance
    18 Vit
    17 Dex

Everything else is at 10 or 11

Seems way unbalanced for what's supposed to be a dex build

Mickeroo wrote: »

I'm at 12 Flasks at +8 :p Yeah i have been "no lifing" the game so far. Off work the week so i have **** all else to do, but its just so engrossing. I just want to continue, explore, find out more! Reading every new items description, exploring some areas multiple times and talking to everyone in Firelink alot! This is the first of all Souls games that i took my time to appreciate the smaller details, and its all the more rewarding for it. If your a fan of the series and its lore/world i would recommend soaking it all in.

Catacombs Boulder
    I don't know what triggers it but they can be destroyed/die. Maybe its timed? Or if they kill enemies? One of them drops Bone Ash for the bonfire, forget the other one

20 Vigor
    25 Endurance
    18 Vit
    17 Dex

Yeah endurance is alot more important here. I can only get 3-4 swings off on my Scythewith 20 Endurance, and thats without rolling and such. With such low Dex a Raw, Fire or Dark weapon might yield more damage for you.

I've 8 at +4, get hunting for those bone shards.

At base they restore 250hp, +1 is 335hp and +2 is 450hp I believe, never counted any after that.

Maybe Bloodborne has ruined me but I'm having to keep pumping stats into Endurance or my stamina feels too low to combo with

20 Vigor
    25 Endurance
    18 Vit
    17 Dex

Mine is

17 Vigor
    16 Endurance
    10 Vit(not touched this)
    28 Dex

Catacombs Boulder
    I don't know what triggers it but they can be destroyed/die. Maybe its timed? Or if they kill enemies? One of them drops Bone Ash for the bonfire, forget the other one
    They have a necromancer each, first one is immediately to the right when you enter the passage down the stairs, the second is upstairs from the rats, in front of an archer. When you kill the necromancers the boulder dies when it next hits a wall

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Did anyone else stumble upon the entrance to the
    Demon Ruins
    in the catacombs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Is boards acting up again? I cant seem to reach the last page of this thread.

Evade wrote: »
    Demon Ruins
    in the catacombs?
    Down the bridge? Found it but the Firesage made mince of me so I left again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Down the bridge? Found it but the Firesage made mince of me so I left again
    That's the one.
    It doesn't get much easier further down.

It might be the remnants of
    Lost Izalith.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Evade wrote:

Just found it by accident. Was getting my bow ready then splat!

• Advertisement

Really wish there was a proper item compare :mad:

Praise the soup :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Irithyll of the Boreal Valley : How Beautiful

Second Lord of Cinder down! Easy as pie.

Also.

Wow Jon Snow is in this game...

Love the way the merchants learn more sorceries and miracles in this, just a little detail that helps create a more tangible connection with the world.

The crystal beasts are pretty easy to kill for anyone looking to go back.

They drop
    titanite for infusing transposed weapons

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Found the soup by accident too :)
    Praise the soup indeed - that man deserves a medal for that comment....

Also like how when someone thanks your comments
    you randomly get health - needed in a boss fight earlier - was praying for more but didn't get them.

I'd like to thank whoever mentioned the
    Tower of Latria, You at least tried to warn us of the horrors. Tried.

In
    Farrons Keep
    there is a high ledge with 2 treasures on it is there another way in :confused:

I entered from the ladder to the bonfire below
    the ruins in the forest with the knights

• Advertisement

I'd like to thank whoever mentioned the
    Tower of Latria, You at least tried to warn us of the horrors. Tried.

Was I. Its more of annoying than hard. I died less there than i did in the swamp. Scary though!
    In
    Farrons Keep
    there is a high ledge with 2 treasures on it is there another way in :confused:

I entered from the ladder to the bonfire below
    the ruins in the forest with the knights

Yeah its up in the area where the large crystal gecko is. I forget exactly, maybe an invisible wall?

Advertisement