Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

Was I. Its more of annoying than hard. I died less there than i did in the swamp. Scary though!

Yeah its up in the area where the large crystal gecko is. I forget exactly, maybe an invisible wall?

Found that door with the crystal lazard but couldn't be opened from that side. I'll tap a few walls so :P

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,257 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Found that door with the crystal lazard but couldn't be opened from that side. I'll tap a few walls so :P

You'll find a bonfire
    just before the boss after you open the by extinguishing the flames, you just jump out of a window there down on to the ledge where that stuff is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Was I. Its more of annoying than hard. I died less there than i did in the swamp. Scary though!

Yeah its up in the area where the large crystal gecko is. I forget exactly, maybe an invisible wall?

Its the first area in any Souls game I've been afraid to progress through with estus to spare :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,257 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just got summoned there and there was two other phantoms, always thought the max was two?

Just met the
    Asylum Demon
    they must have let him out :p

I was going the arrows without agro route before i ran out after 4 shots :o, but turned out he's the same and the kill method is the same as before, up close and circle to his back and roll away when he jumps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just got summoned there and there was two other phantoms, always thought the max was two?

I think I read that if you use a dried finger, it increases the co-op group size to 6 or 8 over the usual 4.

I summoned 2 guys for a boss that was kicking my ass, it was a joke how easy the battle was so will think twice about doing it in future but does anyone know what the cap is?

I can summon 2 Jolly co-op's but I'm open to 2 invaders? Is that how it works?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

This is definitely easier than the previous 2 games, the amount of bomb fires has gone up big time

If you've 3 phantoms then you can get invaded twice

• Advertisement

Titanite becomes very common once you don't need it I've found. Once I hit +3 with the Uchi, Shards started flying in, I've like 30 now, once the Uchi hit +6 I started getting large shards everywhere

Just beat the second Lord, not sure where to go. Fight took me ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

This is definitely easier than the previous 2 games, the amount of bomb fires has gone up big time

I don't know about that. I barely died playing DS2 or Bloodbourne. I'm dying more in this.

I think this game is a little easier for the nimble, low weight rollers but I'm finding sword and board tough going at times due to the lack of a really good stability shield early on. And when you do finally find one, it doesn't have 100% physical resistance.

I think it's a design choice but it really hinders the turtle style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

To what extent can I ignore magic and that whole aspect of the game. I'm a Knight and concentrating on strength, vigour and endurance with some dexterity. I'm into swinging big weapons and getting down and dirty. But how's that for the end game? Will I regret it?

Mimics lose the shock value when every damn chest is a mimic, I think I've found two that aren't

Kirby wrote: »
    I don't know about that. I barely died playing DS2 or Bloodbourne. I'm dying more in this.

I think this game is a little easier for the nimble, low weight rollers but I'm finding sword and board tough going at times due to the lack of a really good stability shield early on. And when you do finally find one, it doesn't have 100% physical resistance.

I think it's a design choice but it really hinders the turtle style.

I've had no major problems with the starting knight shield , served me well till I found a grass one. You can make
    Havels Ring
    later

Pickpocket wrote: »
    To what extent can I ignore magic and that whole aspect of the game. I'm a Knight and concentrating on strength, vigour and endurance with some dexterity. I'm into swinging big weapons and getting down and dirty. But how's that for the end game? Will I regret it?

Generally a jack of all trades gets nowhere without a skilled player in control.

The only spell I know is essentially a magic throwing knife, it does like 7 damage, its all I'm going to need to know.

If you're swinging big weapons you can drop dex I'd say, it won't be giving as much of a boost for the most part. I've a post a few pages back detailing weapon scaling if you'd like to read it.

All in all, you can go all melee no magic or all magic no melee just fine

Evade wrote: »
    That's the one.
    It doesn't get much easier further down.

It might be the remnants of
    Lost Izalith.

Definitely
    Lost Izalith, don't finish this spoiler if you haven't beaten the Old Demon King and also care

His boss area is full of corpses/fossils of Asylum Demon and Capra Demon corpses

*edit* Confirmed with his Soul description

Spoiler is lore based not a huge deal to anyone who's reached the Lake

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I love how you reach a boss, get killed a few times, head off for a wander and then discover a whole new area to explore. Never felt stuck for a time at all yet.

Whats the story with poison ? I've tried the poison throwing daggers but it doesn't seem to take hold like I'd have expected it too, not seen any arrows yet so haven't tested them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,348 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pickpocket wrote: »

Magic is basically the games easy mode. I ignore it. It's no where near as fun and satisfying as going full melee. What I do sometimes though is go for buff spells to mix things up and ignore ranged spells.

Anyway you can ignore magic the whole way through these games so don't worry. One fo the best things about the Souls games is they support a wide variety of play styles meaning half the fun is playing through the game with new weapons and playstyles.

• Advertisement

Tower Key is not worth it until at least mid-late game when you can easily afford it

Guys where's cathedral of the deep? Heard it mentioned here a good bit, I've been through Farron Keep and the Catacombs, at the pretty place with the northern lights now...have I missed it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Guys where's cathedral of the deep? Heard it mentioned here a good bit, I've been through Farron Keep and the Catacombs, at the pretty place with the northern lights now...have I missed it?

Once you beat
    Crystal Sage
    , there is a path beside the bonfire.

Farrom keep bonfire, up the ladder, out the door, head right! There's a stone structure in the corner, its through there, you should find it from the general direction here though

F1ngers wrote: »
    Once you beat
    Crystal Sage
    , there is a path beside the bonfire.

Haven't run into them yet at all.

Haven't run into them yet at all.

It's before Farron Keep.
    From the Halfway Fortress, run through the ruin and past some magic and melee enemies - near the advanced magic teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Any good British or Irish Lets Players for this? I cant find any Lets Plays of it that arent the same whiny American voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Before taking above advice, do remember that having a ranged weapon (for treasure and/or dragon if nothing else), is a big help. Even just lugging around the lowest bow of all will suffice (unsure if all classes have the base Dex for even that, though). You can do this without wrecking your load by just carrying it (not equipping it) though this also means that if for some amazing reason you want to use it in a fight, well, you're not likely to get a chance to set it up.

I'm loving Herald - you can have both the 'big phat weapon' + board style and just a tiny bit of magic (one miracle) which is more than enough and a definite choice for newcomers, esp if you stick with Spear for block/attacks. Swapped Heal Aid for Recovery - costs less and the heal over time is good to slap on, either to regenerate while idle, or to have it ticking during fights. There's no real need for the proper heal with you start upgrading your Estus, though it does help having essentially 1-2 more heals to save charges.

I'm very, VERY tempted to start from the beginning rather than go to the catacombs. I see the game a lot differently now to how I did on Day 1 and I feel like I'm sacrificing half of the point of Herald by using the Hammerhalberd (no block attack, so not much different to just using a sword'n'board aside from being slower with more range). Be nice to see how much was 'learned' and how much was sheer 'luck' :P

Will see how I feel once I have a smoke'n'make tea and sammich, then it's DS time.
    Generally a jack of all trades gets nowhere without a skilled player in control.

The only spell I know is essentially a magic throwing knife, it does like 7 damage, its all I'm going to need to know.

If you're swinging big weapons you can drop dex I'd say, it won't be giving as much of a boost for the most part. I've a post a few pages back detailing weapon scaling if you'd like to read it.

All in all, you can go all melee no magic or all magic no melee just fine
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Magic is basically the games easy mode. I ignore it. It's no where near as fun and satisfying as going full melee. What I do sometimes though is go for buff spells to mix things up and ignore ranged spells.

Anyway you can ignore magic the whole way through these games so don't worry. One fo the best things about the Souls games is they support a wide variety of play styles meaning half the fun is playing through the game with new weapons and playstyles.

Thanks guys, that's great to hear.

Yes I'd like to position myself that I could use some sort of ranged attack but I don't want to lose any sleep over it.

I know this is a silly thing to say about a fantasy game, but there's something satisfyingly realistic about carrying around big slabs of metal.

Whats the story with poison ? I've tried the poison throwing daggers but it doesn't seem to take hold like I'd have expected it too, not seen any arrows yet so haven't tested them.

If you buy the Tower Key there will be a merchant available who has the arrows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Retro - gotta disagree with you on magic and easy mode. I normally go for magic and am struggling more with this than any prior game. Spells take so long to cast it means on some of the faster enemies you are already dead.
    I did lean heavily to STR & DEX to I can go a bit sword mad so maybe that was my mistake in not focussing on INT instead

Advertisement