Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It was definitely easy mode in Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne, Hexes and Hunter Tools trivialised most enemies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Definitely
    Lost Izalith, don't finish this spoiler if you haven't beaten the Old Demon King and also care

His boss area is full of corpses/fossils of Asylum Demon and Capra Demon corpses

*edit* Confirmed with his Soul description

Spoiler is lore based not a huge deal to anyone who's reached the Lake
    There's a ridiculous amount of illusory walls down there. One of them has
    a descendant of Queelag with a Lost Izalith pyromancy tome in front of her.

Evade wrote: »
    There's a ridiculous amount of illusory walls down there. One of them has
    a descendant of Queelag with a Lost Izalith pyromancy tome in front of her.

Aye found it, it's some maze. I'm depending on prism stones to get through

Aye found it, it's some maze. I'm depending on prism stones to get through
    I depend on the corpses of my enemies.

Is it just the armour I'm using or is armour not upgradable any more?

Wow that bleed status in CotD is a bit much no???

Edit: Oh and there is a good reason to go here before Farrons Keep ;)
    Poisonbite Ring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,168 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Seems like I'm miles behind most people but the elevator at the tower in the Undead Settlement...
    Siegward! Onion Bro! We kicked that Fire Demon's arse and had a pint afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

It was definitely easy mode in Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne, Hexes and Hunter Tools trivialised most enemies

I found DeS a breeze with a sorcerer too

Invading spirits shouldn't be allowed heal, makes most fights a matter of who has more estus

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah that's complete nonsense about magic and 'easy mode' TBF, especially in the context of this game. I've played all the games except Bloodborne (for obvious reasons) with primarily pyro or sorcery builds and for every fight it makes easier it makes others harder. I'm finding myself much more reliant on melee this time (upgraded Uchi ftw) around too given the way the magic system works, and a magic only build in the early stages would be an absolute ****ing nightmare given the need to balance precious Estus flasks. One of the early bosses seems designed at least partially to tell casters "yeah, pull out your sword, OK?"

Sorcery is simply another one of many versatile, well balanced tools From has offered the player, boasting strengths and weaknesses (good luck with some of the DS2 DLC bosses with a primarily sorcery build). It by no means whatsoever makes the game a walk in the park - quite the opposite in the early game, arguably - and still requires a well judged build to get the most out of. It's the way I've always felt most comfortable playing the game, but as ever From have plenty of surprises to yank you right out of said comfort zone.

Invading spirits shouldn't be allowed heal, makes most fights a matter of who has more estus
    Yeah. It's not like they don't already have a huge advantage by mostly invading in areas with a lot of enemies.

• Advertisement

Yeah. It's not like they don't already have a huge advantage by mostly invading in areas with a lot of enemies.

I came up against a pair there, a red and purple spirit. Lasted a good 5 minutes, if they couldn't heal I would have won, easily but with them both chugging Estus there wasn't a hope mine would last longer.

I came up against a pair there, a red and purple spirit. Lasted a good 5 minutes, if they couldn't heal I would have won, easily but with them both chugging Estus there wasn't a hope mine would last longer.
    I had a similar fight. The sword and shield user was dealt with fairly quickly but the spearman lasted a good 5 minutes. It was in an area overlooked by pyromancers with a few other enemies littered around too.

You know what I really missed in Dark Souls 2? The lack of (mild Irithyll Cathederal)
    Silver Knight archers and narrow paths. /s

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,257 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I haven't found the purple covenant yet but i think they actually have a choice of co-op so they don't necessarily have to kill the host. I've noticed as a phantom you spawn with only half the amount of estus you're carrying in your own world too.

You seem to get sunlight medals for invasions now too which doesn't sit right with me :p

I had a similar fight. The sword and shield user was dealt with fairly quickly but the spearman lasted a good 5 minutes. It was in an area overlooked by pyromancers with a few other enemies littered around too.

You know what I really missed in Dark Souls 2? The lack of (mild Irithyll Cathederal)
    Silver Knight archers and narrow paths. /s

I assume were both in the same area then?
    Returning to Anor Londo was fun until those dicks showed up

Wait its actually Anor Londo :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

rocking the fallen knight set with the katana. badass!

that starting knight armour set really is good though. came across 4 or 5 sets now (at farren keep currently) and its still better. even the fallen set is slightly worse than it, but i need it for its lighter weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Think im nearing the end of the game. I won't spoil, nor put a spoiler tag but the atmosphere at the Untended Graves is crushing. Then you return to the Firelink Shrine and the events that follow! Goosepimples all over me! I felt super uneasy, can't explain really :o Some Nice voice acting from the Firekeeper to boot. One line in particular...

Wait its actually Anor Londo :eek: :eek: :eek:
    I just got to that bonfire myself.

I just got to that bonfire myself.

Mobs are stupidly OP, I'm getting one shotted regularly

Mobs are stupidly OP, I'm getting one shotted regularly
    I've backtracked a bit because I skipped
    Tower of Latria
    . If there's continuous bell ringing I might have flashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

hands up if you've shouted "fat prick" multiple times out load in undead settlement?

• Advertisement

Its the only area I have left to progress in AFAIK. Can anyone who's farish in the game answer here.
    Is Aldrich a dead end afterwards? I've beaten Yhorm and explored the catacombs fully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Its the only area I have left to progress in AFAIK. Can anyone who's farish in the game answer here.
    Is Aldrich a dead end afterwards? I've beaten Ghorm and explored the catacombs fully

Fixed that for ya..

Yeah it is and you get transported to the area you need to be next.

Fixed that for ya..

Yeah it is and you get transported to the area you need to be next.

Fixed what?

And he slaughtered me...

Fixed what?

And he slaughtered me...
    Your post is missing [/spoiler] from the end.

Ah crap, of was blanked on mobile, never copped. Apologies to anyone who read it.

Ah crap, of was blanked on mobile, never copped. Apologies to anyone who read it.
    Too late, game's ruined. I'm trading it in tomorrow.

Too late, game's ruined. I'm trading it in tomorrow.

I ruined the storyline for everyone didn't I :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

This aint funny. So many of these signs around
    :(

CDgowNW.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

After getting my ass handed to me by the
    Tree
    in Undead Settlement, I decided to go exploring. As lost as I got, the level design is incredible.

I read about a covenant that sounds like a right laugh but might have missed it.

Undead Settlement Spoilers:
    I'm supposed to find a cage guy before beating the Tree. I haven't beaten it but have activated the fog gates. Does anyone know if I can still enter that covenant?

I got a Siegbrau (sp) from Onion Bro. I looked it up to see what use it had and turns out the crow gives an EPIC item for it!

Can anyone recommend a good pyro spell? I just got a glove and was gonna assign some kind of magic to my Knight build but Pyro seems more interesting. Just not sure which attack to buy.

Also, there has to be some mad lore on why the Sunbro covenant is found where it is. What a random place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    After getting my ass handed to me by the
    Tree
    in Undead Settlement, I decided to go exploring. As lost as I got, the level design is incredible.
    [/SPOILER]
    Aim for his ball-sacs and destroy them. Once they are gone, you'll fall into a pit but all the enemies will be gone.
    You then just need to hit his sacs around his back, arms and legs to beat him.

Advertisement