Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Aim for his ball-sacs and destroy them.

Jaysus :pac:

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    After getting my ass handed to me by the
    Tree
    in Undead Settlement, I decided to go exploring. As lost as I got, the level design is incredible.

I read about a covenant that sounds like a right laugh but might have missed it.

Undead Settlement Spoilers:
    I'm supposed to find a cage guy before beating the Tree. I haven't beaten it but have activated the fog gates. Does anyone know if I can still enter that covenant?

I got a Siegbrau (sp) from Onion Bro. I looked it up to see what use it had and turns out the crow gives an EPIC item for it!

Can anyone recommend a good pyro spell? I just got a glove and was gonna assign some kind of magic to my Knight build but Pyro seems more interesting. Just not sure which attack to buy.

Also, there has to be some mad lore on why the Sunbro covenant is found where it is. What a random place!

Ah i messed that up , to find the guy you need to right across the bridge from the starting area , then instead of going through the building go around the right of it, up the ladder at the end and drop off the right side into an area with the guy you are looking for patrolling about. Just go up behind him and tap A

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,257 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ah i messed that up , to find the guy you need to right across the bridge from the starting area , then instead of going through the building go around the right of it, up the ladder at the end and drop off the right side into an area with the guy you are looking for patrolling about. Just go up behind him and tap A

Does he give a covenant? I talked to him but all he said was something about his nana.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Does he give a covenant? I talked to him but all he said was something about his nana.

Not the same guy,
    you have to get into the cage on the back of the enemy walking around
    he'll agro if you killed the boss though.

Edit: Oh wait after you find the guy ... ha yes I think does, but I messed that up by killing the boss so wasn't able to get there.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,257 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Not the same guy,
    you have to get into the cage on the back of the enemy walking around
    he'll agro if you killed the boss though.

Edit: Oh wait after you find the guy ... ha yes I think does, but I messed that up by killing the boss so wasn't able to get there.

Waah I'm confused :o So there's a guy
    walking around Undead Settlement with a cage on his back you have to get into that has nothing to do with the hollow NPC in the cage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Jaysus :pac:
    I saw them as fanny warts myself
    ;)

Waah I'm confused :o So there's a guy
    walking around Undead Settlement with a cage on his back you have to get into that has nothing to do with the hollow NPC in the cage?

Found the cage guy, man....what a Trollicious covenant :D. I looked it up there and that nana guy is From's way of giving you a hint to climb into a cage. I didn't even get that far as I got chased by 2 enemies into that cul-de-sac where the nana guy was and I had to slaughter my way out. No way would I even try to talk to one of those 'things'.

Solaire would be so ashamed of me, I'm not fit to wear the armour :(

13012818_1202313339786431_1777940736057366253_n.jpg?oh=dddc1fcb3c392a80ef615f808525502a&oe=577622A6

Hmm, so I've probably messed up that covenant this playthrough then? I'm guessing that's the purple covenant?

Ah balls! I have Yoel in Firelink. He offered true strength before, I went into it and cancelled thinking it might be a trick. Tried to do it again and he's not longer offerring it, just selling items even though his dialogue sounds like he will offer it.

This happen with anyone else?

Ah balls! I have Yoel in Firelink. He offered true strength before, I went into it and cancelled thinking it might be a trick. Tried to do it again and he's not longer offerring it, just selling items even though his dialogue sounds like he will offer it.

This happen with anyone else?
    He offers it to you after each death.. so if youo havent died since he last gave it to you then that why

• Advertisement

bigphil2 wrote: »
    He offers it to you after each death.. so if youo havent died since he last gave it to you then that why

No luck, died...many times but still no option, think it might be glitched for me.

Last time I went to him
    he offered it to me several times as I hadn't been in a while.
    You didn't happen to accept the Firekeeper's offer of
    being cured of the dark sigil by any chance, when you give her the firekeeper soul? That would stop Yoel offering you the free levels.

Wait a second I'm seeing summoning signs without having used an ember????

Well rarely but they are there all the same. I did join the wolf covenant and set it active so maybe thats it?

Last time I went to him
    being cured of the dark sigil by any chance, when you give her the firekeeper soul? That would stop Yoel offering you the free levels.

No, not that far yet with the keeper. Google isn't telling me anything either. I read it's a great questline to so kinda sickened if I'm locked out of it.

No, not that far yet with the keeper. Google isn't telling me anything either. I read it's a great questline to so kinda sickened if I'm locked out of it.

Were you prompted to level up when talking to him at all ?

Wait a second I'm seeing summoning signs without having used an ember????

Well rarely but they are there all the same. I did join the wolf covenant and set it active so maybe thats it?

You get embered by defeating bosses or having a successful summon too, maybe thats what did it?

There's an altar in undead settlement that does the same thing too I think.

Were you prompted to level up when talking to him at all ?

Yupp, scrolled through the options, strength, vitality, etc. but I had a niggling feeling there was a catch so cancelled the level up screen and said I would have a think about it and come back later. Now when I talk to him, he says he can offer me true strength but the options are only Purchase, Talk and Leave.

If anyone else gets to the level up screen, don't cancel it!

You get embered by defeating bosses or having a successful summon too, maybe thats what did it?

There's an altar in undead settlement that does the same thing too I think.

I found an alter to absolve sins and something else but I didn't choose any......oh ****....maybe I chose to absolve sins.....FUUUUUUUUUK YOU DARK SOOOOOOOULS :pac:

Last time I went to him

That would make sense alright

No I was getting up from the fire after a death last time I saw a sign beside it.

Edit: Wait now I've loaded back in to the game I am indeed embered ????? I didn't co-op or invade and last I saw was my characters lifeless corpse after a fall.

• Advertisement

I just read, absolving sins at the alter comes with a hefty soul price. I definitely never had enough souls for that so maybe I didn't use it.

If I've used an ember, then I summon or am invaded but then die; do I lose my ember status?

If I;ve used an ember and am a blue sentinel, will I be automatically summoned to a Way of Blue host?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

2 questions:I just killed Yhorm the Giant but theres no obvious route to go next, where do I go and I got a key from a guy in Firelink shrine, I think I should have gotten this ages ago, where do I use this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

2 questions:I just killed Yhorm the Giant but theres no obvious route to go next, where do I go and I got a key from a guy in Firelink shrine, I think I should have gotten this ages ago, where do I use this

You need to go to
    The Boreal Valley and continue to the end of that area. You need the doll from Deep Cathedral to enter the place. What place leads to Boreal Valley....i kinda forget. I think it might be from the Catacomb after the Skeleton Boss

If I've used an ember, then I summon or am invaded but then die; do I lose my ember status?

If I;ve used an ember and am a blue sentinel, will I be automatically summoned to a Way of Blue host?

None of the summoning covenants are working as intended for me, never once got summoned as a blue sentinel and never got summoned as a wolf guy either. Used to get summoned really quick to the bell tower in DS2 so it's a bit disappointing. Blue sentinels were always a bit crap as very few people stick with way of the blue.

If you die in your own world you'll always use your ember status, if you are summoned or invade someone you can die and not lose it. You don't need to be embered to be summoned for any covenant as far as I know. If you're summoned/invade unembered and are successful you will return to your world embered.

There's too many prerequisites for Blue Sentinels it seems.

I think there needs to be
    1. Someone with Way of the Blue
    2. Who is Invaded
    3. At a similiar level to you
    4. Nearby to you

Unlikely

None of the summoning covenants are working as intended for me, never once got summoned as a blue sentinel and never got summoned as a wolf guy either. Used to get summoned really quick to the bell tower in DS2 so it's a bit disappointing. Blue sentinels were always a bit crap as very few people stick with way of the blue.

If you die in your own world you'll always use your ember status, if you are summoned or invade someone you can die and not lose it. You don't need to be embered to be summoned for any covenant as far as I know. If you're summoned/invade unembered and are successful you will return to your world embered.

Got summoned twice for the Wolf one but not the others.

Think I worked out how I was still embered, I think it was because I recovered my souls. Must test that later.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just defeated
    High Lord Wolnir
    in the Catacombs, easiest boss so far. Was more trying to get past the skeleton assassin guarding the pathway :o

Also did a bit of extra exploring in Farron's Keep, and took the time to get the treasure guarded by the three tree mages (?). However, was devastated afterwards to find the
    massacre of the mushroom people nearby
    :(

In other news, I spent 10,000 souls on a really big hat. And no, I don't care what you think.

20160415114227_1.jpg

There's too many prerequisites for Blue Sentinels it seems.

I think there needs to be
    1. Someone with Way of the Blue
    2. Who is Invaded
    3. At a similiar level to you
    4. Nearby to you

Unlikely

In the other games you got a blue orb that let you invade players who had sinned at will, maybe you have to level up the covenant a bit this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Ive gotten summoned by the wolf covinent a few times. Probably 3 times in the past 5hrs of playing.

Advertisement