Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,257 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Icaras wrote: »
    Ive gotten summoned by the wolf covinent a few times. Probably 3 times in the past 5hrs of playing.

You just basically going about your business and it happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Just seen that Patch 1.04 (1.03.1 for PC users for some reason) will be available on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This is class, bunch of invaders/co-oppers from different covenants just having a toast :). The Sunbro invader has a class colour, the reddish gold.

cjwfuLc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Just seen that Patch 1.04 (1.03.1 for PC users for some reason) will be available on Monday

Hopefully fixes the frame pacing issues on ps4..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just defeated
    High Lord Wolnir
    in the Catacombs, easiest boss so far. Was more trying to get past the skeleton assassin guarding the pathway :o

Also did a bit of extra exploring in Farron's Keep, and took the time to get the treasure guarded by the three tree mages (?). However, was devastated afterwards to find the
    massacre of the mushroom people nearby
    :(

In other news, I spent 10,000 souls on a really big hat. And no, I don't care what you think.

-snip-

Nice fashion souls :D I love looking at other peoples attire. I'm not going to summon for coop on my first playthrough but i enjoy checking signs to see what people are wearing. Fallen Knights armour is very very very popular. My next character will be female for sure as there are so many options for what to wear and some look really stylish
    bigphil2 wrote: »

Not likely as it was never fixed on Bloodborne. To be honest i have become numb to it at this stage, but i will still buy it on PC to get that smooth experience when i get a new GFX card

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,257 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone know if the grass crest shield or spider shield get 100% physical defence if you upgrade them? Used to me go to shields in DS1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

bigphil2 wrote: »

Cant see it happening. If they do it now, I hope they apply it to Bloodborne too!

Not likely as it was never fixed on Bloodborne. To be honest i have become numb to it at this stage, but i will still buy it on PC to get that smooth experience when i get a new GFX card

XFB3OvK.jpg?1

Looks like there's not much in the way of patching the terrible optimization for PC users anyway. People with some great PC builds (i7 processors with 970 or R9 390x cards) are having issues even running the game at the lowest possible settings. If I was you I'd be holding off on the PC version purchase!

Game is running flawlessly on ultra for me on i7 and gtx970

Game is running flawlessly on ultra for me on i7 and gtx970

Yeah it seems to be just affecting some people it's very strange. There are people posting in various places online with issues and someone with an identical build will be playing flawlessly.

I'm playing on an i5 4460 with a Radeon HD5870 and even though I had to limit my game to 30fps, and set everything to low, I'm playing the game with only very minor issues with a spec below the minimum recommended.

Very strange situation all around really. Same with people having terrible multiplayer experience, and others having no trouble at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Runs fine with an i5 and a 290, maxed out at 60fps, occasional drops to 30 or so but that's more jarring than anything, it's not a huge deal.

I definitely wouldn't say it's terrible optimisation, quite a few PC games just flat out run like **** on some combonations. I'll concede this game has quite a few of those it seems :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah running near perfect for me too on a 970, i5. A few issues like some stuttering when accessing messages or bonfires, but the only area that has pushed the frame rate so far is the
    bridge to Irithyll
    - where it dropped to around 55 FPS :pac:

Have to check if I can be summoned without issue now, the super glitchy co-op for the tree boss was the only noticeable flaw I've come across.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Anyone know if the grass crest shield or spider shield get 100% physical defence if you upgrade them? Used to me go to shields in DS1.

Same here, does it's stamina recovery stack with the ring ???? I'm thinking it does.... I hope anyway at 89% it'll do I looked at the stats on the wiki

+4 144 - - - - D - - - - - - 89 43 38 33 36

So at +4 it's physical attact stat is the only one changed. that was the only one filled in on the wiki so might 100% at +5 but not wasting mats to find out.

The cathedral has to be one of my favourite areas in a souls game ever. Even after I beat the boss I went back and found loads more areas :eek:

Was funny when I met
    onion patches
    as I'd already killed
    the 2 giants we was trying to lower me down to
    :pac:

Seems there's a second boss in High Wall of Lothric....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

After amazon shitting the bed on dispatching on time, now parcel motel dropped the ball too, FML !!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

From the front page of Reddit:
    Dark Souls 3 is hard? Nah, just remove all your problems by sleeping!

cFgVTWz.gif

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Seems there's a second boss in High Wall of Lothric....

Didn't one of the NPC's in firelink mention something about
    a demon

Didn't one of the NPC's in firelink mention something about
    a demon

Yeah...I stuck a summon sign outside Vordt's fog door there just for the hell of it...but that wasn't the fog door we entered.

Oh nice you can respec just found
    Rosaria
    limited to 5 per NG cycle,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

I think I just got married.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I threw down my summon sign outside the
    Tree
    boss as i wanted some practice on him. I got insta summoned by some guy who didn't know what was going on. He went out down the stairs and looking in every nook and cranny before stopping to looking at the scenery for about 10 seconds at a time.

Dude, appreciate the game on your own time! I threw myself off the cliff just to get out of there.

Got summoned again and joined 2 other Sunbro's to take on the boss. Wrecked him in just a few minutes. I summoned 2 guys then, also sunbro's and wrecked the boss. As cheap as boss fights will with summons, it really adds to the gameplay, Jolly co-op and all that.

Anyone know where to get Sunlight Helmet?

Just got to Road of Sacrifice bonfire. Game is unreal. My only real problem is not being able to decide what weapons to level up. Also is it possible to break down titanite into shards?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Dude, appreciate the game on your own time! I threw myself off the cliff just to get out of there.

Black Seperation Crystal?

The co-op is great, I love forming a mental connection with my partner, I got summoned before a huge boss-like door in the cathedral, we went in, no boss and discovered a bonfire soon after. We both knew I was leaving, a wave each and he booted me.

Made me smile.

I also discovered the shortcut so knew where I was going, which was also helpful :pac:

Just cleared it now. Finished at SL88 and it took me 44 hours over 4 days :eek: I did no PvP outside of people invading me, no coop and no summoning. Had a quick glance over the wiki and there seems to be a few NPCs and bosses that i missed, as well as questlines. I'll leave them for another playthrough

Fantastic game overall and probably the best in the series. I look forward to numerous playthrough's over the next year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Just cleared it now.
    Do you go straight into NG+ like DkS1 or do you activate it at a bonfire like DkS2?

Evade wrote: »
    Do you go straight into NG+ like DkS1 or do you activate it at a bonfire like DkS2?

Activated at the bonfire. So yeah, im going to go on a murder spree before i proceed to NG+ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I've beaten all the Lords of cinder so I'm guessing I'm close to finishing.

I've spent lots on time invading, some great moments like getting chased around a level by a host and his 3 phantoms, slip on the silvercat ring and jump off a height that would probably would have kill me, they follow me and take massive damage so I was able to kill the host with one hit before he healed.

Have only been summoned as a blue sentinel twice and as protector of farron once so not sure if they're working properly as I had them as my covenants for a number of hours.

It's a fantastic game, probably my favourite of the series so far.

I've beaten all the Lords of cinder so I'm guessing I'm close to finishing.

I've spent lots on time invading, some great moments like getting chased around a level by a host and his 3 phantoms, slip on the silvercat ring and jump off a height that would probably would have kill me, they follow me and take massive damage so I was able to kill the host with one hit before he healed.

Have only been summoned as a blue sentinel twice and as protector of farron once so not sure if they're working properly as I had them as my covenants for a number of hours.

It's a fantastic game, probably my favourite of the series so far.

There is a chart for the conditions of being summoned for some of them , seems to be based on level from what I could make out. +- 10 of the host or something , must check again. They were different between the different ones.

Also joining Rosita cancels out the
    Sirris
    questline :mad:

Really hate that aspect to the game, and the only reason I joined was for an achievement :D

Started another character with the intention of doing coop for all bosses. Summoned two lads for Vordt and it was stupidly easy. We all just wailed on him and killed him before he went to his "Dash" phase.

To any new players or people still playing through, i strongly recommend trying to solo the bosses. The satisfaction gained from killing a boss that you are struggling with is immense. As cool as the idea of coop is, it really is easy mode and in my opinion should only be used as a last resort. Dying to a boss, or dying on the way through an area and learning from your actions is truly what Dark Souls is all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,168 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got summoned to another world as a blue sentinel, host was being battered by a purple invader, ran up behind him and backstabbed him to oblivion. Host did the "curl up" gesture as what I assumed was thanks. I felt like such a hero...

118393-I-will-be-your-champion-gif-Im-iXFz.gif

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

I'm not happy with my build at all, I'm as far as
    Anor Londo
    I poured all my souls in strength and endurance , I used the axe for half the game but upgraded to the great axe. Its a powerful weapon but its just so friggin slow, I though increasing endurance would help and whilst it has a bit, its still much too slow . I'm considering ditching it and going with the standard longsword, I have seen a youtube video saying its the best meelee weapon in the game for such a bog standard weapon, would appreciate advice. How far am into the game am I anyway?

Advertisement