Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Why the heck is magic so hard to aim?
    Even with the binoculars without a reticle in the centre I still wind up wasting magic with missed darts.
    I mean, two handing the projectile weapons you get a helpful symbol in the centre of the screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Sweet lord I'm obsessed with this game. My girlfriend's in the utility installing a new washing machine and I'm in the living room with a milkshake and an axe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Even with the binoculars without a reticle in the centre I still wind up wasting magic with missed darts.
    I mean, two handing the projectile weapons you get a helpful symbol in the centre of the screen.

Are they all firing central or going in different directions each time? Its possible, but unlikely that they'd have lowered accuracy when not locked on to stop people sniping with spells

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

find the anor londo boss very tough, any tips

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Sweet lord I'm obsessed with this game. My girlfriend's in the utility installing a new washing machine and I'm in the living room with a milkshake and an axe.

Relationships:You are doing it right!

• Advertisement

find the anor londo boss very tough, any tips
    Put on your best Dark and Fire resistant gear, and just mob him, when he does the shooting dart attack run, it has really good tracking, but otherwise just beat the snot out of him and keep healing, keep your health above 80% at all times

Put on your best Dark and Fire resistant gear, and just mob him, when he does the shooting dart attack run, it has really good tracking, but otherwise just beat the snot out of him and keep healing, keep your health above 80% at all times

talking about Aldrich

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

You're not really supposed to be able to aim magic easily, would totally throw off the balance of the game if you could aim freely and without much hassle. Auto lock and trying to keep beyond reach of the target is your main casting tactic.

If you really need to pick somebody or something off from a longer distance, stocking up on arrows is probably a better bet - slow but gets the job done eventually.

talking about Aldrich

I know, that was my tactic against him, had a summon who died at about 40%, which is equivalent to 60% solo, but with phase one skipped, and I finished the fight with like 6 estus left, of 10.

What's wrong with the advice?

I know, that was my tactic against him, had a summon who died at about 40%, which is equivalent to 60% solo, but with phase one skipped, and I finished the fight with like 6 estus left, of 10.

What's wrong with the advice?

sounded like you were referring to a different boss

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,257 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Trying to do some dueling but only getting gank squads at the moment :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

If there's any other long / straight sword users here the (minor)
    Sunlight straight sword
    is definitely worth investing in. It has good scaling at +5 and a good FP ability.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,257 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Evade wrote: »
    If there's any other long / straight sword users here the (minor)
    Sunlight straight sword
    is definitely worth investing in. It has good scaling at +5 and a good FP ability.

Loved it in DS2, was so fast and great at wearing down people's stamina in PvP.

Does anyone else find the lock on mechanics a bit clunky? The amount of times I've been killed because it decided to lock on to a different target mid scrap and send my camera all over the shop.

Mickeroo wrote: »

Does anyone else find the lock on mechanics a bit clunky? The amount of times I've been killed because it decided to lock on to a different target mid scrap and send my camera all over the shop.

Yep happens to me all the time, its pretty annoying, flicking the right stick left sometimes changes the lock to any enemy to the right and so on. Disaster in the Deacons fight

Yep happens to me all the time, its pretty annoying, flicking the right stick left sometimes changes the lock to any enemy to the right and so on. Disaster in the Deacons fight

Heh, exactly where I just got done :pac:

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It seems to have the same move set and speed as the rest of the similar swords in DS3. Have they done away with similar weapons having different move sets?

where do I get the key to free
    geraint

I seem to have infinite bombs now why is that, when I re start its back to 20

where do I get the key to free
    geraint
    I don't recognise the name where are they?

Evade wrote: »
    I don't recognise the name where are they?

the guy locked in the dungen in lodric

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,168 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Catacombs, I am hopelessly and utterly lost.

the guy locked in the dungen in lodric
    EDIT: Wrong key. It's in the High Wall area in what looks like a
    dining area that has some dog enemies

J. Marston wrote: »
    The Catacombs, I am hopelessly and utterly lost.

I too, was lost as **** down there, its not too bad after a while, I was heading in general directions instead of actually knowing where I was going though.

Have you found the second bonfire? Its a short run to the boss from there

I'm in the post game now. I got the
    end of fire ending
    . Time to fully explore every nook and cranny of the earlier areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

the irythll dungeons is great, liking it way more than catacombs. Found shortcut then opened a door and this big monster is coming for me so leg it back to safety of the lift and he gets onto it with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,168 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I too, was lost as **** down there, its not too bad after a while, I was heading in general directions instead of actually knowing where I was going though.

Have you found the second bonfire? Its a short run to the boss from there

I think so. Is it...
    the one near the iron bars and rolling ball of skeletons?

J. Marston wrote: »
    I think so. Is it...
    the one near the iron bars and rolling ball of skeletons?

That's the one, follow it, and explore, the area is smaller from there on it

what does healing the dark sigil actually do for you, is it worth it ?114586 souls she wants off me

Just stumbled into Smoldering lake there, keep finding loads of stuff I missed when I go exploring.

• Advertisement

Looking at my trophy list I seem to have missed either
    an optional boss or a hidden-ish area.

Advertisement