Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,257 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Evade wrote: »
    Looking at my trophy list I seem to have missed either
    an optional boss or a hidden-ish area.

Whats the name of
    the boss
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Whats the name of
    the boss
    ?
    It's blanked out to prevent spoilers but
    there's one trophy still blanked in between the minor boss trophies and the you discovered this area trophy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Just stumbled into Smoldering lake there, keep finding loads of stuff I missed when I go exploring.

where is it

Interesting read about the story through out the series here

Sorry if posted already http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-15-dark-souls-lore-and-how-it-works

where is it
    The entrance is
    in the catacombs

How:
    Cut the middle of the rope bridge leading to the boss. You'll have to sprint to the other end so you won't fall off. Then use the broken bridge as a ladder to climb down.

• Advertisement

The entrance is
    in the catacombs

How:
    Cut the middle of the rope bridge leading to the boss. You'll have to sprint to the other end so you won't fall off. Then use the broken bridge as a ladder to climb down.

I didn't have to do that , the
    weight of the horde of angry skeletons chasing me did it
    :D

Oh this route should be explored and the main boss left alive for a while !!!!!!!

what does healing the dark sigil actually do for you, is it worth it ?114586 souls she wants off me

anyone know regarding this

That's how I discovered it.
    Oh this route should be explored and the main boss left alive for a while !!!!!!!
    What's different if the boss is still alive?

That's how I discovered it.
    What's different if the boss is still alive?

I think it stops you talking to
    Anri
    again , and has an effect on the questline.

Not 100% clear on that yet

I think it stops you talking to
    Anri
    again , and has an effect on the questline.

Not 100% clear on that yet
    It does. I killed the boss before fully exploring below, damn giant crossbow, and he attacked me as soon as I walked in to his area.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,257 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yo can also run across and hit post on the other side.

Regards the other thing
    did you talk to anri twice in the catacombs? Don't think the boss effects her questline but you do meet Horace down there.

Yo can also run across and hit post on the other side.

Regards the other thing
    did you talk to anri twice in the catacombs? Don't think the boss effects her questline but you do meet Horace down there.

Ok think I have it straight now, if
    horace is left alive and the boss is killed Anri will be dead as he will move on from his second position and get to horace before you do
    ending the questline is my take on it.

Where do you go next after you kill the anor londo boss? I got transported back to lothric again at the top of the steps of the Vordt of the boreal valley boss and the boss area was fogged up, then I got invaded and was killed . I went back to collect my souls as I had 50k after killing Aldrich and I used the bombfire in the Boreal Valley area which was fogged up after I got transported to the area after Aldrich

Ok think I have it straight now, if
    horace is left alive and the boss is killed Anri will be dead as he will move on from his second position and get to horace before you do
    ending the questline is my take on it.
    I thought Anri wan the guy earlier.

I talked to Anri twice then defeated the boss and Horace was hostile down below I killed him and Anri never showed up alive again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Where do you go next after you kill the anor londo boss? I got transported back to lothric again at the top of the steps of the Vordt of the boreal valley boss and the boss area was fogged up, then I got invaded and was killed . I went back to collect my souls as I had 50k after killing Aldrich and I used the bombfire in the Boreal Valley area which was fogged up after I got transported to the area after Aldrich

Head to the church above the Vordt area, and enter the fog

I thought Anri wan the guy earlier.

I talked to Anri twice then defeated the boss and Horace was hostile down below I killed him and Anri never showed up alive again.
    He was hostile to me before I killing the boss and having me Anri twice, ANri had mentioned leaving and I was afraid he would go that way and Horace would do him in. So I went back and killed Horace

So maybe the trigger is finding
    Anri
    in the catacombs? I co-op'd that area in a friends world and
    Anri
    was very much dead. We missed the 2nd meeting I think.

Oh and as a result of that
    Yuria
    is gone from her game too. So those seem to be all tied ???

So those seem to be all tied ???
    I skimmed a guide for one quest
    Siegward
    and there does seem to be a lot of path crossing.

EDIT: I also googled where to find titanite slabs and I found how to get to a new area via the most obscure action in a DS game yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I skimmed a guide for one quest
    Siegward
    and there does seem to be a lot of path crossing.

EDIT: I also googled where to find titanite slabs and I found how to get to a new area via the most obscure action in a DS game yet.

This area and its bosses are what i missed. The chances of anyone finding that on a blind playthrough is damn near impossible. Ill get around to doing that area at some stage on my original character but im enjoying a new character with PvP way to much.

I think i found 4 Slabs in my playthrough.
    1 from Siegs questline,
    1 from the Elevator in Lothric Castle that leads right up to the Young Prince Lord of Cinder. Its a double elevator like the one in Undead Settlement
    1 from the Greirat questline, which i think didn't end properly. Sent him to Boreal area and he never game back, went looking for him to find him dead. His Ash gives you some nice rewards at the maiden.
    The last one i have no idea where i found it, but i have 4 +10 weps so its....somewhere.

Also never did the Yoel quest line as he died before I used his power. Sirris also left me cause I joined the red phantom covenant. There is so much nuance to this game is kind of a shame a strategy guide gets released. Would be cool if there was stuff hidden for a long time after release.

Maybe the DLC will hold some surprises as there won't be a guide just for the DLC, most of it will have to be player found

This area and its bosses are what i missed. The chances of anyone finding that on a blind playthrough is damn near impossible. Ill get around to doing that area at some stage on my original character but im enjoying a new character with PvP way to much.

I think i found 4 Slabs in my playthrough.
    1 from Siegs questline,
    1 from the Elevator in Lothric Castle that leads right up to the Young Prince Lord of Cinder. Its a double elevator like the one in Undead Settlement
    1 from the Greirat questline, which i think didn't end properly. Sent him to Boreal area and he never game back, went looking for him to find him dead. His Ash gives you some nice rewards at the maiden.
    The last one i have no idea where i found it, but i have 4 +10 weps so its....somewhere.

Patches was interested in him and asking us where he was

Did you beat the
    yellow winged knights? They drop one.

• Advertisement

Did you beat the
    yellow winged knights? They drop one.

Didn't know he was involved in that quest.

And those knights. **** those guys. 3 at the same time and I barely do any damage to them. Ran past em

Didn't know he was involved in that quest.

And those knights. **** those guys. 3 at the same time and I barely do any damage to them. Ran past em
    I'm drawing them out one at a time and using a bow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

When fighting mobs sometimes and i take a beat down and i dip into some estus, say two chugs and then after the fight my estus is still full or hasnt moved.. Is there any explanation for this or am i seeing things?

Also do embers just increase your max health till death?

nix wrote: »
    When fighting mobs sometimes and i take a beat down and i dip into some estus, say two chugs and then after the fight my estus is still full or hasnt moved.. Is there any explanation for this or am i seeing things?

Also do embers just increase your max health till death?

Embers make it so you can be invaded by other players and also so you can see summon signs on the ground for co-op or dueling.

Edit: You can also be invaded by NPCs and summon NPCs as part of certain questlines, you need to be embered for this too.

Embers make it so you can be invaded by other players and also so you can see summon signs on the ground for co-op or dueling.

Edit: You can also be invaded by NPCs and summon NPCs as part of certain questlines, you need to be embered for this too.

You can also BE summoned by NPC's ;)

I have been invading in the cathedral of the deep tonight. After the graveyard where you have to cross the flying buttress is the best place to do a 3v1. I have force to knock them off the bridge and my enemy crossbow men are hitting em with bolts. Good fun

I have been invading in the cathedral of the deep tonight. After the graveyard where you have to cross the flying buttress is the best place to do a 3v1. I have force to knock them off the bridge and my enemy crossbow men are hitting em with bolts. Good fun

Yeah I was getting ganked around there a lot earlier.

Oh just realised after out earlier talk of Anri and Horace you can actually
    see horace down below as you cross the rope bridge so from where Anri is in his second spot he should have seen you murder horace or just looked down and saw him for himself
    but if you talk to Anri and
    leave horace alive thats how he ends up dead , if you tell him about smouldering lake

Oh just realised after out earlier talk of Anri and Horace you can actually
    see horace down below as you cross the rope bridge so from where Anri is in his second spot he should have seen you murder horace or just looked down and saw him for himslef

Anri is actually
    female
    in my playthrough, must change dependiong on what you pick!

• Advertisement

Anri is actually
    female
    in my playthrough, must change dependiong on what you pick!

Yeah opposite sex of your character .... because of massive spoiler
    Marriage

Guess from ain't as progressive on that front

Advertisement