Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

How does one get hollowed?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,257 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yoel, if you let him draw out your true strength he gives you the dark sigil, every time you die then your hollowing stat goes up capping at 99. The more times you let him do that to you the quicker it goes up. I think it's a max of 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

I'm not sure if this is the only way but taking the free level ups from Yoel does it.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yoel, if you let him draw out your true strength he gives you the dark sigil, every time you die then your hollowing stat goes up capping at 99. The more times you let him do that to you the quicker it goes up. I think it's a max of 5.

Knew there would be a downside... Next time though

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,257 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Knew there would be a downside... Next time though

As I understand it you have to do it to get
    one of the endings to the game
    , I'm going to stick with it this playthrough anyway for that reason though I'm not sure what other steps there are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The pyromancers and their spinny, tall brethren in Irithyll are the sort of enemies that make me semi-long for the respawn limits of Dark Souls 2.

The pyromancers and their spinny, tall brethren in Irithyll are the sort of enemies that make me semi-long for the respawn limits of Dark Souls 2.

The bastards with the halberds forced me into a rage break just there :mad:

That what I get for taunting that enemy through the
    forcefield
    :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I summoned a Sunbro to help work through the opening gauntlet after the bonfire. Regrettably got invaded by a total troll who kept teasing us by running to the trigger point for the next group of the tall lads. So ended up having to fight the invader plus two of the other bastards at close range (at one point earlier, I think I counted one doing six massive forward spins in a row, so had been keeping my distance ever since). Managed to survive the encounter though, and Mr Sunbro deserved his post battle bow :)

Whats that
    Roster Of Knights
    item hidden there do :confused:

Whats that
    Roster Of Knights
    item hidden there do :confused:
    I think it's a leader board for one of the covenants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,168 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm farming a certain covenant item
    so I'm placing my red sign soapstone at the start of the Irithyll bridge. When I get summoned, more often than not,
    the host is being attacked by the big dog thing
    and I sweep up the mess.

I'm an awful prick, I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'm farming a certain covenant item
    so I'm placing my red sign soapstone at the start of the Irithyll bridge. When I get summoned, more often than not,
    the host is being attacked by the big dog thing
    and I sweep up the mess.

I'm an awful prick, I know.

That's good stuff! As a red in this game you kind of have to abit scummy, because more often than not the host will be with 2 to 3 more phantoms. Trying to invade in an area where you can't use the environment to your advantage is tough.

Apparently poise is broken. Tests being done on reddit with long swords breaking the poise of people in full heavy poise armour :( Hope its fixed as i was hoping to do a big "no ****s given" type character at one stage.

I also just met
    Patches in the Cathedral! He wasn't here last time. When you meet him must depends on the order in which you do things as i did Farron swamp before the Cathedral last time

That's good stuff! As a red in this game you kind of have to abit scummy, because more often than not the host will be with 2 to 3 more phantoms. Trying to invade in an area where you can't use the environment to your advantage is tough.

Apparently poise is broken. Tests being done on reddit with long swords breaking the poise of people in full heavy poise armour :( Hope its fixed as i was hoping to do a big "no ****s given" type character at one stage.

I also just met
    Patches in the Cathedral! He wasn't here last time. When you meet him must depends on the order in which you do things as i did Farron swamp before the Cathedral last time

I did it in that order and he was when I went back, he wasn't pleased I'd already killed the
    Giants
    :pac:

Revenge is best served with a slice of cheese. Got murdered a few times by rat/dog in
    Irithyll
    in the lower section. Ended up in this position during the flee to retrieve my souls and the hope of luring him over a cliff. All along the ground were messages saying pointless. I found that dead end far from it :pac:

Slight spoiler maybe, the video show the reward I get for killing it.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Calex%20dEUS/video/16693453

Edit: Ha i just noticed I killed it with my last arrow, that might not have ended so well if I ended up having to get close :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I summoned a Sunbro to help work through the opening gauntlet after the bonfire. Regrettably got invaded by a total troll who kept teasing us by running to the trigger point for the next group of the tall lads. So ended up having to fight the invader plus two of the other bastards at close range (at one point earlier, I think I counted one doing six massive forward spins in a row, so had been keeping my distance ever since). Managed to survive the encounter though, and Mr Sunbro deserved his post battle bow

I just ran like hell a few times and eventually found a bonfire. Feck dealing with those Knights!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

That black knight in road of sacrifices...

He takes little or none of my guff

Crystal mage causing me problems. Phase two anyway.

Couldn't find a safe place!

Nearly had a heart attack in Irthyll Dungeon :eek:

Best not play that bit with headphones.

noodler wrote: »

I thought they were the easiest boss I've met so far. In the second phase look for the one doing purple magic and make a beeline for them, there's an npc you can summon too.

Invading in the Graveyard of the Cathedral is just so much fun that i don't want to progress this character cause i wont be able to invade there anymore :( May just leave that character there and start a new one

If i kill the boss for the Cathedral will it stop me from invading that area? Does anyone know?

Also some coop guys with the host have a little blue square, with red going through it beside their names. Anyone any idea?

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »

The phantoms die in one hit, tear at them and running attack

The phantoms die in one hit, tear at them and running attack

Yeah got it on my third time. Was getting overwhelmed swinging multiple blows into the phantoms and getting soul arrowed from behind. Much easier when you run and gun.

Moving on from there.

Enjoying this so much more than DaS2 already. I spent three hours in the undead settlement area yesterday finding all the secrets (I think..."hmmm...mmmm") it has to offer.

Beautiful level design is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just beat first major boss
    Abyss Watchers
    cool boss fight and mechanic.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Just beat first major boss
    Abyss Watchers
    cool boss fight and mechanic.

I liked how that works in co-op , pull push style fight.

It looks like ranking up invasion / defense covenants offline is much harder this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

How does this compare to DS 2 and DS1?

I'm on the fence about picking it up. (Enjoyed both previous games).

Evade wrote: »
    It looks like ranking up invasion / defense covenants offline is much harder this time around.

It should be almost impossible. There is only a few covenant items in the world as pick ups, 2-3 at most per playthrough. Some mobs do drop them but the chances seem very very low.
    quarryman wrote: »
    How does this compare to DS 2 and DS1?

I'm on the fence about picking it up. (Enjoyed both previous games).

Its better than both those games. The only thing DS1 does better is level design, in every other aspect DS3 is better. Feelings of nostalgia would make some people feel DS1 is better, but its really not

It should be almost impossible. There is only a few covenant items in the world as pick ups, 2-3 at most per playthrough. Some mobs do drop them but the chances seem very very low.

Its better than both those games. The only thing DS1 does better is level design, in every other aspect DS3 is better. Feelings of nostalgia would make some people feel DS1 is better, but its really not

They have lifted certain elements of dark souls 1 wholesale haven't they ?

I mean if I was to be overly critical of anything I've seen so far in 3 , it's that some of the the NPC story ones have been lifted wholesale from DS1 with slight changes. Not a bad thing as they pull it off but thats there none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

So I'm up to my 8th boss,
    Pontiff Sulyvahn
    . Up to this point I was finding the bosses to be generally pretty easy (bar the first cinder boss you fight, loved that fight) but now I'm finally getting my ass handed to me. He does a lot of damage, is really aggressive and his weapons have great range too.

Thinking I might need to actually use a shield.

I was a bit tired last night so I'll see how it goes after work today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Implying that the others don't have those things :P

This guy in particular seems to be a step up, a big one.

Advertisement