Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,257 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

J. Marston wrote: »
    That secret room just after
    Pontiff Sulyvahn with the two demon dogs is a pain. Can't summon people either because it's gank squad central with Aldritch cúnts.

If you kill
    one out in the watery area before distant manner bonfire there's only one of them down there then. A lot easier to take on when there isn't two of them, just keep rolling to their tail end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Evade wrote: »
    PvP is really frustrating me. I'm terrible at it but even at that I only get one decent match out of every ten. It's either a host with a load summons or terrible connection and sometimes both.

You gotta play dirty as an invader. Use the environment to your advantage and don't be afraid to retreat into mobs. Also invade in areas that play to your strengths. For example i have a miracle called Force that knocks people back and to the ground, so your damn right im going to fight in an area that has alot of deathly drops. If you have an archer type character, or a mage invade in areas like the swamp where you can use that range to your advantage. Quickstep weapons are also really good for swamp invasions as the quickstep itself isn't hindered at all.

If you are a pure melee build maybe come with more than one weapon with different move sets to mix it up for the enemy. Kick is also really good if the enemy is blocking alot, kick the shield and you can walk right up to them for a backstab right in the face.

Connections have been mostly fine for me, the odd few dodgy ones

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If you kill
    one out in the watery area before distant manner bonfire there's only one of them down there then. A lot easier to take on when there isn't two of them, just keep rolling to their tail end.

Had a look in my game there are 2 and I killed the one in the lake.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,257 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Had a look in my game there are 2 and I killed the one in the lake.

Ah now I think of it
    I actually killed the other one too but he killed me as he went down so I didn't realise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

You gotta play dirty as an invader. Use the environment to your advantage and don't be afraid to retreat into mobs. Also invade in areas that play to your strengths. For example i have a miracle called Force that knocks people back and to the ground, so your damn right im going to fight in an area that has alot of deathly drops. If you have an archer type character, or a mage invade in areas like the swamp where you can use that range to your advantage. Quickstep weapons are also really good for swamp invasions as the quickstep itself isn't hindered at all.

If you are a pure melee build maybe come with more than one weapon with different move sets to mix it up for the enemy. Kick is also really good if the enemy is blocking alot, kick the shield and you can walk right up to them for a backstab right in the face.

Connections have been mostly fine for me, the odd few dodgy ones
    The connections do seem to be getting a bit better. It might just be a case low local player count for early afternoon on a Monday.

Personally I'd rather a duel instead of being ganked or leading into enemy mobs.

It's a bit annoying that you don't get any rewards from defeating dark phantoms in your game.

• Advertisement

Had a nice run there ganking invaders, phantom i summoned invited me to party chat I sit out in the open he hides on the covenant ladder for stabby stabby :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Evade wrote: »
    The connections do seem to be getting a bit better. It might just be a case low local player count for early afternoon on a Monday.

Personally I'd rather a duel instead of being ganked or leading into enemy mobs.

It's a bit annoying that you don't get any rewards from defeating dark phantoms in your game.

Well if a duel is what you want, kill the Slug outside Rosaria's bedchamber for a Red Sign Soap stone. You will have to check on Reddit for community designated dueling areas. Sure you could get summoned anywhere for a duel but there is a high chance in some zones. I know Farrons keep Bonfire is a high traffic area, back up the ladder towards the Forest. SL 120 also seems to be the "meta" level.

Also agree about killing Reds in your own world. After like 15 minutes of us fighting each other and running out of estus you finally kill a guy and think, ok ill just head back to the bonfire and start again. :mad:

Been having that bug all afternoon where phantoms are incincible whether they invade or are summoned and if you are summoned you're also invincible. Also if a summoning fails none of the online items will work and when I try to travel to a different bonfire game gets stuck on the loading screen and I have to dashboard.

Been having that bug all afternoon where phantoms are incincible whether they invade or are summoned and if you are summoned you're also invincible. Also if a summoning fails none of the online items will work and when I try to travel to a different bonfire game gets stuck on the loading screen and I have to dashboard.

Could be something to do with people you are trying to connect with being on the new version ? I haven't been offered it yet.

Could be something to do with people you are trying to connect with being on the new version ? I haven't been offered it yet.

Been happening on and off since launch, seen it mentioned on reddit a few times too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Little non spoiler help required in cathedral of the deep.

I've reached a big double doors that I could just about push open. Looks like a boss room, some sort of bee thing (???) Lieing at the end of the room.

I've 21000 souls. Is there a bonfire anywhere in cathedral of the deep before this point? Had to kill a lot to fight my way to here.

noodler wrote: »
    Little non spoiler help required in cathedral of the deep.

I've reached a big double doors that I could just about push open. Looks like a boss room, some sort of bee thing (???) Lieing at the end of the room.

I've 21000 souls. Is there a bonfire anywhere in cathedral of the deep before this point? Had to kill a lot to fight my way to here.

Have you found the one in the chape near the graveyardl? that's kind of the hub for there, you just need to find the 2 or 3 shortcuts back to it. Look for
    elevators

Uggghhhh only now do I see that Firelink is at the bottom of each and eveyr tab on the fast travel screen, I've tabbing left to get to it this entire time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Have you found the one in the chape near the graveyardl? that's kind of the hub for there, you just need to find the 2 or 3 shortcuts back to it. Look for
    elevators

Thanks found it. Got back to firelink with my souls intact.

can the door to the right of the main door in
    Anor Londo
    be opened :confused:

Anor Londo
    I don't think so. The other path that would lead to that room from the other side is caved in.

Anor Londo
    Don't think so, you don't even get the option to open it do you?

Looking to clean up before I move on , whats's the trigger for the
    dancer
    fight besides agro to the npc

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I must have circled Farron's Keep 10 times, only found 2 flames to extinguish. Not so bad though as looted the shyte out of the place. Gave up, backtracked and found the cathederal. Game has such a class layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

getting destroyed by the watchers.
    figured out i can cheese the first part just running about until the other guy kills him but getting smashed in part two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Lotric Castle is absolute bull****

It's literally healing after every hit, 2-3 hits and I'm dead.

I created a new character and I'm doing a little seal clubbing and grinding the Mound-Makers covenant in the Undead settlement. I feel a little guilty.

qwertee have more souls tshirts....... yeah I need another one :pac:

Looks like a good time to use the €5 off codes they have been spamming me :D

Edit: Have an unused code that doesn't specify an expire date if any one wants it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Was getting so stressed by the ballista in
    Smouldering Lake
    I opted to 'seek shelter'... by passing through the fog gate :pac:

Happy I did, as defeated the boss first time!

Have felt particularly reluctant to deal with mimics in this game so far, as frankly they keep kicking my ass. However, I have now discovered a little something called
    Pestilent Mercury
    :)

Was getting so stressed by the ballista in
    Smouldering Lake
    I opted to 'seek shelter'... by passing through the fog gate :pac:

Happy I did, as defeated the boss first time!

I got that to kill the
    worm
    for me :pac:

Oh you can get some gear if you summoned
    Cuculus
    for that fight it's back where you freed
    Cornyx
    in undead settlement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Definitely. He was the first boss that took me more than two goes. I spent about 3 hours trying to beat him Friday evening. In the end I went to a different area for a while, came back and summoned someone. Right pain in the ass.

Ya I did something similar. I'd already found another area previously so I finished off exploring that until I got to the next area and then went back to Lothric and beat the
    2nd
    boss there. Leveled up a bit and went back to Pontiff.

Once I finally got my dodges in I was in a pretty decent position to beat him, then I saw his second phase and I just assumed i'd be here a long time. Surprisingly I think I beat him within 2 fights of that. Anyway I absolutely loved that fight. Your concentration just has to be so high!

And now I've 3 different places I can check out next.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Aldritch
    Is a ****ing nightmare >=(

Edit: IT DID IT! \0/

nix wrote: »
    Aldritch
    Is a ****ing nightmare >=(

the
    arrow
    attack :(

I had to summon help for it in the end and of all the people I could get I get a guy using a character named
    Ornstein
    using his armor and weapon :D

Theres a real throwback to DS1 after that one too, where you can use the
    black orb to invade and kill a NPC

the
    arrow

I had to summon help for it in the end and of all the people I could get I get a guy using a character named
    Ornstein

Ah balls,
    haven't found the black orb and beat Aldrich earlier today. Where is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

the
    arrow

Ornstein

Yeah he started
    spamming the arrow attack at the end on my last try, didnt use it the whole fight then like 5-6 times in a row, i spammed the estus to counter the few hits i took, he had like an inch of health left at this point INTENSE :)

Advertisement