Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

I got that to kill the
    worm
    for me :pac:

There is a spot a little to the left and back, in a little alcove as you go towards him (my directions make sense to me) which is perfect for a melee build just don't get greedy.
    I put a message down at the spot but not sure if it will still be there.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ah balls,
    haven't found the black orb and beat Aldrich earlier today. Where is it?

It's tied to a covenant
    Rosita's Fingers
    not sure if there is a lock out on that one, I joined as soon as i found it and locked out the
    Sirrus
    questline. the item gets used in the room after that boss fight, and you get it in the room with the covenant leader as she is big spoiler
    dead at the hands of leonhard

It might be there after the boss fight as I can still interact with the covenant turn in's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

qwertee have more souls tshirts....... yeah I need another one :pac:

Looks like a good time to use the €5 off codes they have been spamming me :D

Edit: Have an unused code that doesn't specify an expire date if any one wants it.

Thanks for that. I wouldn't have checked the site and I would have missed em. Gonna get the Capra and maybe the Solaire one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lord Ridiculous

Sooo are the Dark Souls heads happy with the latest iteration - this seems to be a fairly divisive game with alot of non vets claiming it is generic with repetitive combat etc; I presume that they "just don't get it" because they haven't played much of the other games in the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

You don't have to have played other games in the series, you just have to understand it's not like other games.

• Advertisement

Sooo are the Dark Souls heads happy with the latest iteration - this seems to be a fairly divisive game with alot of non vets claiming it is generic with repetitive combat etc; I presume that they "just don't get it" because they haven't played much of the other games in the series.

People who don't like Souls games don't like this one, no surprises there. I was a huge critic of DS1/DS2 but I'm enjoying this one. As much as I think it has faults, hours suddenly disappear when I sit down at it. I love the sense of adventure. The world itself is gorgeous. I try to fixate on that.

People who don't like Souls games don't like this one, no surprises there. I was a huge critic of DS1/DS2 but I'm enjoying this one. As much as I think it has faults, hours suddenly disappear when I sit down at it. I love the sense of adventure. The world itself is gorgeous. I try to fixate on that.

Well that's the inherent litmus test of a good game in my book - the time vacuum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I can't wait to final this then revisit the series from Demon's Souls onwards, pure bliss

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I can't wait to final this then revisit the series from Demon's Souls onwards, pure bliss

How far are you in?? How many bosses are there.....watched a few online when I was thinking of doing a lets play for it but there seemed too be alot and I am not the most patient:D

Yhorm was interesting especially if you followed
    Siegwards
    questline and read the info on the
    sword and soul
    I assume
    Siegward was using the other of the two swords

I did not appreciate being
    teleported
    after that fight :mad:

• Advertisement

After deciding to play though DS2 before this, I can say that this is heaven to play by comparison. The maps are fantastic. The controls are tighter. Certainly much happier with it than I was DS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Grayditch wrote: »
    After deciding to play though DS2 before this, I can say that this is heaven to play by comparison. The maps are fantastic. The controls are tighter. Certainly much happier with it than I was DS2.

Exactly what im feeling.. Ds2 was just such a slog and didnt grab me at all..

This is fantastic though,better in every way..

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭thegame983

I think I'm arounf 2/3rd of the way through and I'm already fantasising about New game +

So summoned help for the dancer, I had 120k worth of souls in there :D

So the guy proceeds to two hand a great sword and block with it and just stand in front of her, great I say to myself. I start swinging from behind and rolling away to regain stamina but I notice she's not interested in my and my jolly coop guy is still standing there blocking but she's talking massive damage and he isn't doing anything other than blocking :confused::confused::confused:

Not really sure what they would be comparing it to to say its generic, the amount of different weapons and moves is staggering to me on my first playthrough and there is a good mix of enemies - from the cannon fodder to the ones you have to approach more thoughtfully to invaders, one thing that disappoints me is for the bigger enemies its the same as usual get under their feet and dodge.

The one thing that strikes me from this is how far removed from DS2 this game is, even with the same hub mechanic it feels totally different and more user friendly - but why do I have to go back to firelink to level up - its beyond annoying.

On a side note they have done a fantastic job with the music on this one especially during the boss battles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

This game can be very annoying haha
    horde of basiliks which trigger near the chest in the dungeons, screwed me out of 30k souls, fml

on sunday, Was 15hours in, loving every second. Was travelling via a bonfire when the power went (fire at esb in bluebell) my saved game data was corrupted (not signed up to psn)

Back to the start of the game :-( heartbreaking stuff

Ouch. Even From Software would think that's harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

So summoned help for the dancer, I had 120k worth of souls in there :D

So the guy proceeds to two hand a great sword and block with it and just stand in front of her, great I say to myself. I start swinging from behind and rolling away to regain stamina but I notice she's not interested in my and my jolly coop guy is still standing there blocking but she's talking massive damage and he isn't doing anything other than blocking :confused::confused::confused:

If I've read this correctly, this was something I kinda noticed with Bloodborne as well.

It's like the AI has been programmed to assume that if the player has summoned someone/NPC, then this means they're having a really ****ty time with the boss and so to make it easier on the player the boss will then only concentrated on the summon and not acknowledge the player at all while they get to wail away on it and finally beat it.

Haven't summoned in DS3 so can't confirm myself btw.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well I experienced five or more 'I'll just stand here and take this' versions of the tree when I was helping out people as a Sunbro. Boss just spun around on the spot and took the punishment.

Made it more surreal again that the other players didn't have any animations at all and just floated around the place :pac:

Any other co-op experiences have been fine.

• Advertisement

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    If I've read this correctly, this was something I kinda noticed with Bloodborne as well.

It's like the AI has been programmed to assume that if the player has summoned someone/NPC, then this means they're having a really ****ty time with the boss and so to make it easier on the player the boss will then only concentrated on the summon and not acknowledge the player at all while they get to wail away on it and finally beat it.

Haven't summoned in DS3 so can't confirm myself btw.

Thats the weird thing though I stopped hitting it altogether once I spotted what was happening, could be linked to what johnny mentioned in his post about seeing players with no animations, the guy could have been wailing away at her and I just wasn't seeing it. Come to think of it he did have the same blocking pose going in and coming out of the fight.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,257 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well I experienced five or more 'I'll just stand here and take this' versions of the tree when I was helping out people as a Sunbro. Boss just spun around on the spot and took the punishment.

Made it more surreal again that the other players didn't have any animations at all and just floated around the place :pac:

Any other co-op experiences have been fine.

That's the bug I mentioned yesterday, if you get summoned and the host and other phantoms have no animations, you and the other phantoms are essentially invincible. Same if you're the most and summons have no animation.

Icaras wrote: »
    Not really sure what they would be comparing it to to say its generic, the amount of different weapons and moves is staggering to me on my first playthrough and there is a good mix of enemies - from the cannon fodder to the ones you have to approach more thoughtfully to invaders, one thing that disappoints me is for the bigger enemies its the same as usual get under their feet and dodge.

Well as an example, Mack from "Worth a buy" youtube fame goes on to "prove" that all the boss battles play out the same regardless of which boss it is....he suggests that the technique is the same for all - a combo of dive out of the way until it staggers and then get up close and personal and hack & slash. Don't shoot the messenger, I haven't played it yet - just curious.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,257 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Interesting and pretty messed up lore abut Aldrich I saw on reddit yesterday:
    The one hurling magic at you and swinging the sword isn't actually Aldrich, it's Gwyndolin from DS1 who is in the process of being devoured alive by Aldrich, who is actually the slug thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Interesting and pretty messed up lore abut Aldrich I saw on reddit yesterday:
    The one hurling magic at you and swinging the sword isn't actually Aldrich, it's Gwyndolin from DS1 who is in the process of being devoured alive by Aldrich, who is actually the slug thing.

There are also hints of Nito's theme during that fight but unsure if it's intentional or not. He doesn't look like Nito in anyway.

I'm eagerly awaiting a lore video from vaati. He's doing a kind of Lore playthrough at the moment but it's not the same

****ing phone auto correct

If you go back to the Rosita's fingers covenant after I think the Yhoml fight and certainly after
    you bring her killer to justice
    there is a
    slug there who drops Yellowfinger Haysels gear

Also I had feels when
    Siegward collapsed and died
    after the
    Yhoml
    boss fight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Edwardririth

It seems that we can see at least one DLC of Dark Soul 3 this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Edwardririth

Hope to see more in game. I think it is the best game this year.

The only thing worse than a mimic is
    2 side by side
    :eek:

Bastards!!!!!

• Advertisement

Well as an example, Mack from "Worth a buy" youtube fame goes on to "prove" that all the boss battles play out the same regardless of which boss it is....he suggests that the technique is the same for all - a combo of dive out of the way until it staggers and then get up close and personal and hack & slash. Don't shoot the messenger, I haven't played it yet - just curious.

I would say its an overly simplistic view, if you want to only use swords, axes, daggers then yes thats what you do, but you can also use magic (spell, miracles or fire), ranged (bow/crossbow), or a combination on each boss. I think a big achievement is being able to kill all the bosses the same way - the game caters for a lot of different preferances and doesnt force someone who likes using swords to use magic.

One of best parts for me is going into a boss and learning their patterns and failing 20 times but getting a little better every time until I beat them- the feeling of relief and joy is what makes it a dark souls experiance.

Advertisement