Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Having issues summoning or being summoned on PS4, game is up-to-date. Its the
    pontiff
    fight

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

sweetie wrote: »
    Having issues summoning or being summoned on PS4, game is up-to-date. Its the
    pontiff
    fight

There's an NPC summon for that fight, try that?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finished the deacons of the deep, great boss fight. That Red invaders covenant leader is creepy af, just the way she was locked away behind the door an all. The Thirn Armor is so class as well.

I have an Uchi +4 atm, need some large shards, but is +5 the highest they go?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Regular titanite (shards and chunks) weapons go to +10 everything else is +5

There are 2 actually , and you get a gesture from the one on the left if I recall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Finished the deacons of the deep, great boss fight. That Red invaders covenant leader is creepy af, just the way she was locked away behind the door an all. The Thirn Armor is so class as well.

thought it was a bit lame tbh, beat it first time. and i averaged about 15-20 trys on all the previous boss fights.

Consumed king
    gave me the most trouble so far and the not the fight as such although I had to summon help in the end , it was getting to him , that NPC you can summon in the middle of the area is a champ!!!!!!

Still have loads to explore in lothric castle and that boss has opened up another area that makes be feel a throwback to
    nito
    is there. The
    Consumed king
    was a throwback to
    Seath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

froog wrote: »
    thought it was a bit lame tbh, beat it first time. and i averaged about 15-20 trys on all the previous boss fights.

Although it was easy i thought its was a cool fight. There is a place for gimmicky fights in the series imo. Cant have every boss being a 1v1 epic fight with a sword wielding humanoid

Why would I walk around while embered? I just got invaded and killed with barely any estus

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Why would I walk around while embered? I just got invaded and killed with barely any estus

Balls?

Extra 25% health too

• Advertisement

More health , npc invasions that drop gear etc. jolly coop, challenge

I just don't get the multiplayer in this. PvP is messy. Co-op is imba. I think it's better left out.

I just don't get the multiplayer in this. PvP is messy. Co-op is imba. I think it's better left out.

imba?

The multiplayer is class if you get into it, co-op is great fun IMO.

There are 2 actually , and you get a gesture from the one on the left if I recall.

Started working again, cheers. Was avoiding the NPC summons

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The weapon art of Dancer's Enchanted Swords is great fun in PVP, especially with high stamina.

Round and round and round and round and round we go....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Internet Ham

J. Marston wrote: »
    The weapon art of Dancer's Enchanted Swords is great fun in PVP, especially with high stamina.

Round and round and round and round and round we go....

Never really use it myself. The L1 attack hit's way harder without giving a huge opening. The moveset on them is fantastic fullstop.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Does your character level matter? Or is all about yours stats?

What stats?

I don't understand the question

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What stats?

I don't understand the question

Stats like vit etc

Level doesn't have an effect on your stats, it's just there to count how many total points you have above the minimum amount (90 points is level 1). The only thing it does is determine what phantoms and invaders you get, they're always x+/- levels from you depending on the type of phantom.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I don't see how it's possibly better left out? The key thing is, it's all completely optional (well, invasions aside, but they're rare and hilariously cruel). Co-op is a welcome addition to ensure players don't get left behind (yes purists, 'get gud' is advice of sadly limited usefulness) - for all its engaging, engrossing challenge, one cannot forget that there's this amazing, secret filled world to explore and beautifully told story / lore to tease out. Co-op is a sensible way to ensure that players of all - well, most - skill levels can engage with that and not have to quit out of frustration (I'm still sure some will of course, and even in co-op you still need a serious grasp of the mechanics and rules). Terrifically satisfying to be the phantom helping out somebody too. As for PVP, it's almost completely ignorable, but has and will continue to add layers of extra depth for those who commit to it.

Let's not forget the messages either, praise the sun! The way there remains a layer of arcane mystery to all the MP systems helps it all fit nicely into the DS tone and style too IMO.

As I said, the beauty with Dark Soul's multiplayer is it gives as much or as little as the player is willing to give it. Think co-op screws up the balance of the boss fights or makes them too easy? No problem, easily ignorable: engaging in co-op requires an active decision from the player. But if bosses are endlessly kicking your ass and you're eager to move on, the developers have offered tools to perhaps help you along. Totally your choice, and that's why it would be a massive shame to lose them.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,259 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

All the multi player is woven into the lore too and I the way it's implemented is pretty unique to the souls games imo.

Stats like vit etc

As Evade said yeah

There's no point in worrying about your level, but the individual stats are where goals are set, going for level 100 means nothing, but 40 Dex is a standard for example

I'd try aim for 40 in your damage stat, which would be Int, Faith, Dex or Strength
    25 Endurance
    20 Vitality
    And 30 vigor

That's kind of a general goal, close to what I was at, then boost whatever you like after that

Level is only a general indicator for how far in the game you are, it helps for co-op but there's always going to be someone around your level to help our unless you're way over or under levelled.

30 Vitality
    And 20 in whatever the carry weight stat is
    Vigor is HP and vitality is carry weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Hummmm
    to give her the eyes or not?
    :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

nix wrote: »
    Hummmm
    to give her the eyes or not?
    :confused:

I did,
    summoned her and then I promptly killed her. :)
    No trophy for that.

Think I asked this already but haven't seen an answer, are poison daggers / arrows broken in this ? In the previous titles 3 arrows or so and the poison would take hold and slowly tic down the enemies health. Doesn't seen to be the case in DS3 unless something has changed :confused:

I realise some are immune to certain types of damage and weak to others but I have tried them on several types of enemy in several areas. Just don't want to be wasting souls buying more if they don't work.

I almost feel bad for mimics when I cast pestilent mercury and their health drains down as they helplessly sit there, acting all chest like.

Then I remember they're horrible ****ers and I don't feel bad at all.

20160420112508_1.jpg

I almost feel bad for mimics when I cast pestilent mercury and their health drains down as they helplessly sit there, acting all chest like.

Then I remember they're horrible ****ers and I don't feel bad at all.

20160420112508_1.jpg

cool, I have that too, must try it. I swear those murmuring mimics will meet their maker!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,259 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Maybe luck scaling plays a part too.

Advertisement