Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,260 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The multi-player aspects are as much a part of what makes these games so great as the difficulty and exploration. It wouldn't really be a Souls game without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah i spent most of the game playing offline as i had net issues with virgin, but id say mid way i started seeing the signs (lol) and i generally didnt use them until after trying the boss.

I'll leave the "no summon" play through for another time, maybe when i find the build i like/play best. It's fun co-oping :)

Try it on some of the harder bosses and say its imba, last 3 bosses a great example. Id say each build type will run into a boss type they need the help on, like fast bosses like the abyss lords would be a nightmare for a mage, where i rolled them with my knights sword and board :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

nix wrote: »
    haha who the **** is
    pacthes??
    :eek: totally missed him :(

I'm currently doing co op on last boss, farming souls, is the souls reward for co-op around the same? how close to someones level do i have to be for them to summon me?

I think it's about 1/4 of the Souls, how many are you getting for beating him in Co-op

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I think it's about 1/4 of the Souls, how many are you getting for beating him in Co-op

Its around 20-25k or so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

I think it's half. I was getting about 50,000(with silver serpent ring) farming the
    dancer
    for sunlight medals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Beat "DOTD" first try, don't know how people struggled with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Lets be honest here, coop is **** and its easy mode. It wouldn't bother me one bit if it was removed from the game, atleast at no point in the game am i forced to coop. A big part of the souls series is the sense of accomplishment in beating a boss or area that you have been struggling on and coop strips the game of everything good about the combat mechanics and degrades the game into nothing more than a hack and slash. You may as well be playing Dynasty Warriors instead.

Evade wrote: »
    I think it's half. I was getting about 50,000(with silver serpent ring) farming the
    dancer
    for sunlight medals.
    nix wrote: »
    Its around 20-25k or so

1/4 for the Crystal Sage and Final boss anyways, I'd say it's 20-35% depending on the boss, 50% seems very high but anythings possible too

Lets be honest here, coop is **** and its easy mode. It wouldn't bother me one bit if it was removed from the game, atleast at no point in the game am i forced to coop. A big part of the souls series is the sense of accomplishment in beating a boss or area that you have been struggling on and coop strips the game of everything good about the combat mechanics and degrades the game into nothing more than a hack and slash. You may as well be playing Dynasty Warriors instead.

To each their own, while I'll agree it makes the game much easier in most cases, I find it really good fun, especially if I can play with a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

1/4 for the Crystal Sage and Final boss anyways, I'd say it's 20-35% depending on the boss, 50% seems very high but anythings possible too
    I checked a wiki, you're right it's 25%. That boss must give a massive amount of souls.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Again, the crucial thing with co-op: entirely optional. It's a mechanic that is completely and utterly ignorable. If you think it ruins the game, cool, leave it be. But again not everyone is going to persist with dying over and over again - there's a lifeline there for those who find the bosses frustrating progress barriers.

There's so much more to Dark Souls than just the bosses and the challenge in beating them. Indeed, dozens of bosses into the series it's if anything one of the most predictable elements of the Souls games - at the end of every level there will be a boss, and a fog gate. Yes, some of the bosses are some of the best to ever grace video games (the Lady Maria duel remains one of my most memorable gaming encounters in recent times), while others can be tedious bores (DSII especially). Above all else in the Souls games I enjoy traversing the world and uncovering its secrets bit by bit. Bosses, at their worst, can be inconveniences in that sense, and far more predictable than the obstacles and situations you face out in the main gameworld.

It'd be a real shame to abuse the co-op feature for sure, as you will lose something. But different people play the games for different reasons and with different skill levels. For a game that is notorious - often unfairly - for its difficulty, one of From's great design decisions was to build systems that can help players along while being completely irrelevant for others. It remains one of the smartest online systems in any contemporary video game, and in losing it IMO you'd probably lose quite a few players too - and really as many people as possible should be playing this incredible series of games that offers far, far more than a few tough boss battles.

Question about the sun , it's
    eclipsed now in my game and really like the dark sign
    I'm going for the
    Usurper
    ending was wondering if thats what causes it or it's like that anyway as you near the end/set thing in motion for it :confused:

Be pretty damn cool if it was.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,260 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm going for the
    Usurper
    ending was wondering if thats what causes it or it's like that anyway as you near the end/set thing in motion for it :confused:

I noticed that too when I was playing through
    Lothric Castle
    earlier. Also found the
    Sunlight Altar
    so that's one covenant fully ranked.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I noticed that too when I was playing through
    Lothric Castle
    earlier. Also found the
    Sunlight Altar
    so that's one covenant fully ranked.

Go back to the High Wall it's the same there now for me too.

I'm going for the
    Usurper

I'm pretty sure its just standard. Not sure what that ending is but I linked the fire so its not what I had set up :pac: So I think its standard once you hit Lothric Castle

Climbing a ladder in
    Arch Peak
    had the sense to peep over at the top , i climbed back down until I found a bonfire
    Havel
    was there looking mean as ever

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think
    Hawkwood
    is the most human like NPC From have created in terms of combat. Get
    him
    to below half health and
    he'll
    spam roll away from you to chug a seemingly infinite estus flask.

Absolute bastard.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I think
    Hawkwood
    is the most human like NPC From have created in terms of combat. Get
    him
    to below half health and
    he'll
    spam roll away from you to chug a seemingly infinite estus flask.

Absolute bastard.

Yeah and when you summon him in
    Arch Peak
    he immediately
    disconnects
    true to his name :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Aldrich
    and
    the Dancer
    down. Managed them solo albeit with more retries than I'm willing to admit ;) The former was getting decimated by pyromancy... until his damn arrow rain kept wiping me out. Turns out keeping close was the key there, as opposed to my natural inclination to keep some distance.

The latter was one of those irritating fights where first time I brought her health bar down to within a hit or two of death... and then obviously the subsequent attempts came nowhere near. Think making good use out of the pillars is key here, seems to be the best way to get the breathing space necessary for an Estus break. Oh well, dead now, praise the sun etc!

Just did the Undead Settlement and High Wall again to pick up anything I missed, I'm not sure if I'm arsed going through every area in the game again tbh, might just hit up the Wikia

• Advertisement

F the
    Nameless King
    . The fight would be grand if not for the the camera , he telegraphs everything , but you can't see it because of the camera locked or not :mad:

Having no luck summoning there , have the quit option unavailable , can't put my own sign down and bonfire not working issue ffs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

F the
    Nameless King
    . The fight would be grand if not for the the camera , he telegraphs everything , but you can't see it because of the camera locked or not :mad:

Having no luck summoning there , have the quit option unavailable , can't put my own sign down and bonfire not working issue ffs

Usually if a bonfire is not working it means you're being invaded.
    Was plenty of summon signs there when I did him last night.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Usually if a bonfire is not working it means you're being invaded.
    Was plenty of summon signs there when I did him last night.

Yeah it's an age old DS problem failed invasion screwing it up , you can sit there and watch your soapstone become unavailable I noticed but the invasion never comes.

At least you souls drop outside there for once

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Agree completely on the
    Nameless King.
    That fight is complete nonsense because of the camera. Lock on or no lock on, it's a mess.

Plus the terrain, or lack of, is bloody annoying.

Agree completely on the
    Nameless King.
    That fight is complete nonsense because of the camera. Lock on or no lock on, it's a mess.

Once phase one is done the deaths are my fault but you are right the terrain and the pov you can't tell of you are swinging at it's head or not even when you are beside it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well **** you too Catacombs

Agree completely on the
    Nameless King.

What level were you as a matter of interest? I'm 81

Yeah it's an age old DS problem failed invasion screwing it up , you can sit there and watch your soapstone become unavailable I noticed but the invasion never comes.

At least you souls drop outside there for once

I find pulling out the ethernet cable fixes that. It kicks you out the title screen but bring you back to exactly where you were when you log back in.

I find pulling out the ethernet cable fixes that. It kicks you out the title screen but bring you back to exactly where you were when you log back in.

There is a penalty system though the specifics are unclear , so hard to know with it whats going to give you a strike or how much it matters :confused:

• Advertisement

There is a penalty system though the specifics are unclear , so hard to know with it whats going to give you a strike or how much it matters :confused:

Way of the white Circlet is your get out of jail free card but you only get one per character.

Advertisement