Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What level were you as a matter of interest? I'm 81

87. Using a +5 Old Wolf Curved Sword that wrecks the
    dragon
    but still only deals about 250 damage to the
    King himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

There's some framerate issues on the N7 passing Naas. Or perhaps I just didn't get enough sleep last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Can someone tell me early in the game:

If I kill the
    Curse-Rotted Greatwood
    am I then unable to get into the
    cage on the back on the mob in the Undead Settlement?

I really want to complete this and join the resulting covenant.

I bought a dark hand from one of the NPC's from the firelink shrine. Is it a straight up melee weapon? Or is there some magic attached to it?

I've always had trouble reading the stats screen. Is 150 dark damage comparable to 150 physical? Do the do same amount of actual damage to the average enemy?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,260 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

logik wrote: »
    Can someone tell me early in the game:

If I kill the
    Curse-Rotted Greatwood
    am I then unable to get into the
    cage on the back on the mob in the Undead Settlement?

I really want to complete this and join the resulting covenant.

You can still get the covenant later in the game but it involves not messing up a npc questline. You can kill the boss
    after you get in the cage but not before if you want the covenant as early as possible

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You can still get the covenant later in the game but it involves not messing up a npc questline. You can kill the boss
    after you get in the cage but not before if you want the covenant as early as possible

Well crap anyway :), Thanks Mick

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,260 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well crap anyway :), Thanks Mick

No prob, I messed it up too.

I bought a dark hand from one of the NPC's from the firelink shrine. Is it a straight up melee weapon? Or is there some magic attached to it?

I've always had trouble reading the stats screen. Is 150 dark damage comparable to 150 physical? Do the do same amount of actual damage to the average enemy?

If I recall it can be used to block if on the left hand, also has life drain special but only works on humans but it's melee if used on the right.

Well that
    Nameless King
    is now no more :)

I ended up having to respec to strength so I could use a longer sword with an upswing so I could consistently hit the
    dragon
    but screw that camera there it's absolutely terrible, I know there are audio q's but even those are no help if you can't tell which way to roll and end up spamming B and hoping for the best :mad:

Bah, loving the game but PvP is not doing it for me this time around. Too much R1 spam and weapon hit boxes that extend several feet outside of the physical range of the weapon. I-frames on rolling just seam to not exist for certain weapons too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Plan to pick this up next week.

Played both previous games but I'm fairly crap. I'm not a twitch gamer, prefer slower gameplay.

Is there a character class that's more of a slow "tank" for weaker players like me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

quarryman wrote: »

Played both previous games but I'm fairly crap. I'm not a twitch gamer, prefer slower gameplay.

Is there a character class that's more of a slow "tank" for weaker players like me?

Just pump souls into Vitality & Strength. You can then wield a large shield & axe or long sword.
    I'm currently doing a strength build using the Warrior starting class.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

quarryman wrote: »

Start with a knight and put points in strength, vigor (HP), vitality (equip load), and endurance (stamina) when you level up.

Evade wrote: »
    Start with a knight and put points in strength, vigor, (HP) vitality (equip load), and endurance (stamina) when you level up.

This, as well as the above I found the gear I started with was better than anything I was picking up for a long time.

Start with a knight and put points in strength, vigor, (HP) vitality (equip load), and endurance (stamina) when you level up.

In fairness if you want a PURE Melee character then a Warrior is a better fit. Has the most Vigor of any class starting off and is built purely built for blunt force melee damage.

I tried both Knight and Warrior and stuck with the Warrior as I am going pure Strength, Endurance and Vigor build.

This, as well as the above I found the gear I started with was better than anything I was picking up for a long time.
    The armour lasts a while but the
    Astora
    sword you get
    after the second bonfire in Lothric
    is a must use.

In fairness if you want a PURE Melee character then a Warrior is a better fit. Has the most Vigor of any class starting off and is built purely built for blunt force melee damage.

I tried both Knight and Warrior and stuck with the Warrior as I am going pure Strength, Endurance and Vigor build.
    True, but I think knights are easier as a beginner class because they start with a 100% physical damage resist shield and I think longswords are more forgiving than axes.

True, but I think knights are easier as a beginner class because they start with a 100% physical damage resist shield and I think longswords are more forgiving than axes.

Can't argue with that logic. You are right in terms of a first time player. The Knight would be more forgiving but in terms of character stats I believe the better melee class is the Warrior.

That said, the Longsword is a super weapon and one you can carry right the way through the game to +10.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I started as Warrior but id like to be able to use Miracles,healing etc.. what do i need to do as i have faith @10 but cannot assign anything to the spell slot?

Noob question I know,but ive always gone melee in these games but fancy a bit of a magic option this time around..

Can't argue with that logic. You are right in terms of a first time player. The Knight would be more forgiving but in terms of character stats I believe the better melee class is the Warrior.
    Very true for the early game but after 20 or so soul levels they'd probably be pretty similar stat-wise.

• Advertisement

bigphil2 wrote: »
    I started as Warrior but id like to be able to use Miracles,healing etc.. what do i need to do as i have faith @10 but cannot assign anything to the spell slot?

Noob question I know,but ive always gone melee in these games but fancy a bit of a magic option this time around..
    More points in attunement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

You can also respec once you get to a certain point
    Top of Cathedral of the Deep

You can also respec once you get to a certain point

Thanks guys,is there a minimum level for attunement? the miracle i want to use has a faith level 10 on it.. didnt see anything in attunement..

im just about to get to the top of the
    .. Damn Ambushes...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Thanks guys,is there a minimum level for attunement? the miracle i want to use has a faith level 10 on it.. didnt see anything in attunement..

im just about to get to the top of the
    .. Damn Ambushes...

I think you need 8 Att for one spell slot, there are also rings that give you free spell slots

There are rings that give you extra attunment slots should you not want to commit the points and just try them out. With the 2 rings I can have 3 slots to play around with but you'll still need the points in faith etc to use most of the good stuff.

There are rings that give you extra attunment slots should you not want to commit the points and just try them out. With the 2 rings I can have 3 slots to play around with but you'll still need the points in faith etc to use most of the good stuff.

I dont mind using the points as ive 4 rings now and 3 are basically essential to my build at the moment,so maybe one ring i could use and use points on top..

I dont mind using the points as ive 4 rings now and 3 are basically essential to my build at the moment,so maybe one ring i could use and use points on top..

This is why hybrids are hard to work with, you need points in a melee stat, a magic stat, attunement, Endurance, rings for melee and magic, extra weight from weapons and staffs so Vigor is needed too

The way you're going to have one spell or miracle is really the only viable option until you breach level 100 or so

This is why hybrids are hard to work with, you need points in a melee stat, a magic stat, attunement, Endurance, rings for melee and magic, extra weight from weapons and staffs so Vigor is needed too

The way you're going to have one spell or miracle is really the only viable option until you breach level 100 or so

just really want the one magic slot for extra healing... i realise im making a heap of trouble for myself but im really taking my time on this play through so i reckon ill be able to get a decent balance by the end of the game

If you want to go full on cleric and use mainly miracles but want a melee weapon too you just need to find a weapon you like, get the minimum stats to wield it and then infuse it with lightening which will scale with Faith.

• Advertisement

just really want the one magic slot for extra healing... i realise im making a heap of trouble for myself but im really taking my time on this play through so i reckon ill be able to get a decent balance by the end of the game

Ah no a touch of everything is workable, but you can't depend on two types like, it doesn't really work

I think I'll do a magic build next, how are people finding them? Might jump straight into a pure Hexer

Advertisement