Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

J. Marston wrote: »
    If someone is invading your game, there is no etiquette. Win anyway you can, chug every estus and summon others.

If I summon/get summoned for a duel, then I generally fight fair.

Invasion = Do what you like

Summoned Dark Phantom = Invader doesn't hide behind enemies, no seed of tree of giants unless they're doing that, no healing and no sprinting around like a dick. If you want to pick a fight, you should both fight fairly.

I've been having luck with summoned fights the only time I've done them, all bows, no healing all fair and square. Got summoned to a group of 4 in the Kiln that were literally just running around trounching invaders for Souls. I stayed for 4-5 mins as I thought we were fighting the boss before I copped on to it. Started summoning duels for about an hour, invaded once and met the first three summons still ganking, utterly pointless, just ruins the PvP aspect of invasions

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

aaaghhhh!
    Aldrich and the bloody arrows in phase two, so hard to get behind him/outrun them. Must of tried it 40 times last night including summoning and being summoned. Managed to get one person through even though I died (messaged me after!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You know what would be a nice quality of life change? An ingame pop-up after successfully beating a boss in co-op with "message player" instead of having to go looking for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Kirby wrote: »
    You know what would be a nice quality of life change? An ingame pop-up after successfully beating a boss in co-op with "message player" instead of having to go looking for them.
    Is a wave or bow emote before they disappear not enough?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,260 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I like the look of that boardgame but the pledges are a bit too expensive for me anyway.

Harkwood:
    He's getting murdered on site in every subsequent playthrough, true dragon my hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just use the gestures, or if you're extra polite, a wood carving.

This game brings me back to my childhood in a nice weird way. A bunch of us got Zelda: Ocarina of Time and we would play at home and talk about it in school. You know; how far we got, what we found exploring, how to beat this boss etc.

Dark Souls does is forcing us to do the same thing by the sheer utter obtuseness of the game. We are all congregating on threads all over the internet to help each other out like I did in the playground in school.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I like the look of that boardgame but the pledges are a bit too expensive for me anyway.

Harkwood:
    He's getting murdered on site in every subsequent playthrough, true dragon my hole.

What happened there for you? I summoned him in
    Archdemon Peak
    and he used a
    separating crystal
    as if to say 'nope' :D

Figured because I'd already
    rung the bell and it was dark
    after the boss I found the
    twinkling head
    and thought nothing of it until
    the blacksmith had something for me
    had to google where to go but then omg what a bastard
    the rolls the chugs of estus it was like fighting a human invader except he didn't run out
    :mad:

And worse if
    he beats you he takes the other twinkling dragon piece from you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This game brings me back to my childhood in a nice weird way. A bunch of us got Zelda: Ocarina of Time and we would play at home and talk about it in school. You know; how far we got, what we found exploring, how to beat this boss etc.

Dark Souls does is forcing us to do the same thing by the sheer utter obtuseness of the game. We are all congregating on threads all over the internet to help each other out like I did in the playground in school.

It was even better with Demon's Souls and to a lesser extend Dark Souls 1. Nobody had a clue what they were playing so the whole online community came together to try and figure it out. It's definitely something that makes the game so special.

Another thing I just noticed there is if you buy more than you can carry of say rusty coins or arrows etc or you pick some up from corpses they go into your storage box, they get added to your inventory up to the carry limit each time you sit at a fire , noticed as I was farming using rusty coins earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It was even better with Demon's Souls and to a lesser extend Dark Souls 1. Nobody had a clue what they were playing so the whole online community came together to try and figure it out. It's definitely something that makes the game so special.

Yup - remember those days here where we were all trying to figure out what the hell was going on. Without some of the advice I got here there's little chance I would have finished either.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,260 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What happened there for you? I summoned him in
    Archdemon Peak
    and he used a
    separating crystal
    as if to say 'nope' :D

Figured because I'd already
    rung the bell and it was dark
    after the boss I found the
    twinkling head
    and thought nothing of it until
    the blacksmith had something for me
    had to google where to go but then omg what a bastard
    the rolls the chugs of estus it was like fighting a human invader except he didn't run out
    :mad:

And worse if
    he beats you he takes the other twinkling dragon piece from you

I don't think he can actually be summoned for the boss, he's
    supposed to help you on the path of the dragon. I fought him at abyss watchers, he killed me loads of times, ended up shooting him with arrows from the catacomb steps where he can't reach you
    :p

Hawkwood
    I summoned at Archdragon Peak before I rang the bell and he helps clear out the path on the way up to the peak where he does the "Path of the Dragon" gesture and leaves.

It looks like From have put in a mechanic to try stop the "I ran through the game at SL1, now let me curbstomp you with late game +10 weapons" invaders. You can only invade or be summoned by
    players who have at least one weapon at the same upgrade level as you. So If you have a +4 broken straight sword only other players with +4weapon (but not higher) can invade or have their summon sign show up in your game. The only exception in using the passcode for summoning friends.

Well balls, have the Uchi at +10 now so maybe that's why I'm getting bugger all invasions with the covennts.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Well balls, have the Uchi at +10 now so maybe that's why I'm getting bugger all invasions with the covennts.
    I restarted to do more covenant stuff and I upgraded to a +5 sword while trying to do Watchdogs of Farron and now I'm not getting summoned at all.

Evade wrote: »
    I restarted to do more covenant stuff and I upgraded to a +5 sword while trying to do Watchdogs of Farron and now I'm not getting summoned at all.

Word has it the drops are better on NG+ and ++ I've done ok for a wolf grass up to 12 now in about 90 minutes at with the 3 guys at the keep bonfire, the run for the tongues is longer. Item discovery is at 307 with ring, sword, mimic head and a coin haven't tried to farm the other ones yet. If it's a case where they don't drop for me in 1 in 5 runs I think i'll push on to NG+ at this stage.

Is there an NG checklist with what everyone drops etc?

Word has it the drops are better on NG+ and ++ I've done ok for a wolf grass up to 12 now in about 90 minutes at with the 3 guys at the keep bonfire, the run for the tongues is longer. Item discovery is at 307 with ring, sword, mimic head and a coin haven't tried to farm the other ones yet. If it's a case where they don't drop for me in 1 in 5 runs I think i'll push on to NG+ at this stage.
    Fortunately I got enough vertebrae shackles and tongues before I messed it up. I'm only 13 swordgrasses short too so I'll grind them once I get the discovery stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

is cool and rare armour not really a thing in this game or something? half way through the game and the starting knight set is right up there with the best stuff i've found so far, while i've found numerous cool and powerful looking named weapons. all the armour i've gotten is just drops form npcs mostly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Big fan of the
    Lothric Castle
    level, really enjoyable area to explore. Lots of worthwhile pick-ups - helped get my Pyromancy Flame to max, and all the Twinkling Titanite (and then some) I needed - and side passages to explore. Having spent the last while tacking some tougher areas, it reminded me a lot of the early stages of the game where it's a challenge but not relentlessly so.

Have grown to be a big fan of the
    Spook + Hidden Body
    combo - pretty much the only sorceries I'm using at this stage. Excellent to sneak past some of the more gruelling boss approaches in particular with full resources intact.

• Advertisement

froog wrote: »
    is cool and rare armour not really a thing in this game or something? half way through the game and the starting knight set is right up there with the best stuff i've found so far, while i've found numerous cool and powerful looking named weapons. all the armour i've gotten is just drops form npcs mostly.

There's loads. I think DS3 is probably the most Fashion Souls-friendly out of the three games since no armour is really overpowered.

A lot of the cool armour unlocks after beating bosses, finishing questlines and giving ash to the Handmaiden at Firelink Shrine. Most of the sets are expensive though.

This is the first game where you cant reinforce the armour too so you're free to chop and change.

Long gone are the days of people shuffling around in Havel's.

Everyone dresses to impress now!

just discovered this guys channel, really cool watching him play levels i've been through talking about the lore i'm too lazy to piece together.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe0DNp0mKMqrYVaTundyr9w

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

J. Marston wrote: »
    Long gone are the days of people shuffling around in Havel's.

Everyone dresses to impress now!

You can still wear havels. Just with a load of Vit and a fat roll. The way it should be. :D

But there are actually people complaining on forums that you cant wear a full havel armor set, his shield, and his sword and be able to fast roll. It's called balance guys. Some people just don't get it.

But yeah, fashion souls. It's here!

You can still wear havels. Just with a load of Vit and a fat roll. The way it should be. :D

But there are actually people complaining on forums that you cant wear a full havel armor set, his shield, and his sword and be able to fast roll. It's called balance guys. Some people just don't get it.

But yeah, fashion souls. It's here!

Oh don't remind me, DS2 PvP, as great as it was, was awash with lvl500+ full havels dual wielding ultragreatswords/Avalyns/all spells/all miracles/ all pyros/all hexes doing fast rolls because of that awful soul memory matchmaking system.

I'm currently in Ornsteins chest piece and head , havels gloves and a skirt :o

I'm going lighter next play I was playing stay under the 70% to much this run and it cost my having as bow and 2nd sword on me. Got killed more than a few times after equipping and unquipping the bow so I could fast roll as I got charged and forgetting to d-pad right to my sword again so I was attacking with my bare fists :o

Actually what is a good number for poise with a non-great shield ???? I was aiming for 22-25 poise most of the game and trying to keep fast roll which is too high I think. especially for dex heavy stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Just came across
    High Lord Wolnir
    WTF was that? Died almost straight away. I dont think I've got it in me to go on :(

Just came across
    High Lord Wolnir
    WTF was that? Died almost straight away. I dont think I've got it in me to go on :(

go for the
    bracelets

• Advertisement

Just came across
    High Lord Wolnir
    safe spots on the left first, then right

Advertisement