Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I'll try it again in the morning. Cheers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

The Aldrich Faithful covenant summons almost constantly.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,260 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Evade wrote: »
    The Aldrich Faithful covenant summons almost constantly.

I'm only averaging about one summon every 2 to 3 hours, think I'm too high level for it to be regular now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

They really hike up the boss difficulty after a while, two very difficult ones in a row for me

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'm only averaging about one summon every 2 to 3 hours, think I'm too high level for it to be regular now.
    I'm at SL 66 with a +6 weapon and I can't make it to the top of the ladder out of the area the covenant leader is in without invading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just came across
    High Lord Wolnir
    WTF was that? Died almost straight away. I dont think I've got it in me to go on :(
    Wolnir is all show. I remember I nearly wet myself after I first saw him and died almost instantly. Beat him on my third or fourth attempt though.

He only has 4 or 5 attacks, all of which are easy to spot coming. Also, ignore the skeleton mobs he summons, he'll kill them with his sweeping arm strike.

Just focus on the bracelets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Completed the game earlier today. Unsurprisingly I loved it.

I really love the exploring in the game. Without doubt that is the most fun. Discovering new locations, npcs, enemies etc. It's so rewarding to find something new and to find all the secrets in the game.

I think from the outside everyone talks about the bosses but I think they feel different in this. A lot of them are figuring out their weakpoints (some a bit too obvious). I enjoyed a lot of the bosses but I only struggled on 2-3 of them.

I'll be going back to play more after this weekend. I reckon I'll go for the platinum. After that I'll have a better feeling on where I'd rank this. For now just know that it's an excellent addition to the series and will definitely be looked back on favourably.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Also on the same boss. Have to say really enjoying this game so far. Holding up well with the others in the series. As above also love finding new areas and talking to the NPCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Still struggling with A......h, managed to defeat in coop this morning but subsequent efforts both solo and coop just fall short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Did anyone buy the Prima strategy guide? I just flicked through it in Eason's and it's horrendous. I don't own any of the Future Press editions for the previous games and Bloodborne, but they appear to be very well produced and lovingly put together.

I wonder why they opted for Prima this time? Maybe they wanted something cheaper with the hope of shifting more copies. But it's an unmitigated disaster. The screenshots are of such poor quality that it looks like a different game!

So much info is available online these days that a publisher really has to give you a reason to part with your cash.

I'm bitterly disappointed. I'm a book worm and into all things collectable so I had assumed I'd have a lavish hardback to accompany my first Souls game.

Any chance of them backtracking and releasing a new edition?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

sweetie wrote: »
    Still struggling with A......h, managed to defeat in coop this morning but subsequent efforts both solo and coop just fall short.
    Get up close and personal. I found the best technique was to provoke him to use melee attacks which are easily dodgeable. If you stay far away, the long range attacks during the second phase - especially the arrow rain, which he often mixes with soul spears - are devastating. When he disappears and reappears, make sure to rush towards him ASAP.

Done it numerous times in coop but never manage to summon someone decent

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,260 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Over a day on
    Nameless King
    now.

Over a day on
    Nameless King
    now.

I'll help you burn through some embers when I get back on later. Summoning was a nightmare for me there, when you eventually get someone you feel obliged to go to the fog after a certain amount of time.

My win came from staying close to him and I had all the lightning protection I could find. You can bleed too him should you have resin or a weapon.

I'll help you burn through some embers when I get back on later. Summoning was a nightmare for me there, when you eventually get someone you feel obliged to go to the fog after a certain amount of time.

Yeah, when I put down a sign I'm summoned instantly but I'm waiting for ages on my end, and 9 times out of yen one appears the summon will fail and bug out the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Over a day on
    Nameless King
    now.

Use the lothric knight shield, when upgraded it has great stability for a medium shield and I think it has the second highest lightning defence in the game. I solo'd him after a few tries because of that shield.

The amount of guys I summon who decide to take on the mobs on the run up to boss gate and get killed trying, at least 1/5.

sweetie wrote: »
    The amount of guys I summon who decide to take on the mobs on the run up to boss gate and get killed trying, at least 1/5.
    Why not just summon at the boss gate?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I could actually see summoning being a distinct disadvantage for
    Alditch
    . It's a fight where you want to control the battlefield and keep it on your terms. Having two or more players rolling around the place could be problematic and provoke the boss to use those horrid ranged spells...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

by the way i'm playing the game with keyboard and mouse and it's perfectly fine (didnt even remap the controls). i don't think i could play with a controller now and glad i didn't buy one just for one game.

my initial feeling that there is no game that can't be played with k & m was correct.

*smugface*

• Advertisement

froog wrote: »

my initial feeling that there is no game that can't be played with k & m was correct.

*smugface*

I am sure there are few games that can't be played with keyboard and mouse.

However - and this key - many of those games would still best played with some description of controller. 2d platformers or shooters, for example. Or racing games. Or fighting games. I'm sure several games of those genres can be played on k&m, but awkwardly. Ditto Dark Souls - I'm sure one could find a keyboard and arrangement that does work - or even settle on the default one - but at the same time the joypad controls are clear, logical and responsive in a way for most players I'd imagine it would take some time to match or adjust to on k&m.

Catacombs is hard as ****. Do the skeletons constantly regenerate themselves? I can't stand the areas like that. I'm used to taking it slow and steady. Rushing through and getting overwhelmed is hard.

Catacombs is hard as ****. Do the skeletons constantly regenerate themselves? I can't stand the areas like that. I'm used to taking it slow and steady. Rushing through and getting overwhelmed is hard.

They only regenerate once or twice, isn't constant and only a few of them do it in the first place. The section after the second bonfire is tough regardless, although there is a decent shortcut at the very start of the level if you're stuck there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I started NG+ and am nearing the end again, like 4-5 bosses left.

I decided to go with the Dragonslayer greataxe for the weapon choice, the damage it can pump out is insane. Wouldnt be surprised if it got a nerf, its slow but if it hits, you're in trouble. Plus im also currently riding on 40str and 45faith, damage is totally amped up.

Had an invader come at me last night, i just hit L2 for the charge and he got in too close, you could see the panic hesitation as he wasnt sure what was about to happen and then BOOM, dead in one hit. Highly funny.

Also trying to complete the NPC events is proving to be a pain, even when following a guide.
    Yuria ended up leaving me and ive no idea why, maybe something to do with helping Sirris? I was unable to trigger the patches/siegward event but still completed siegwards chain and the thief is still alive after anor londo section. So just the blind woman left really,and giving the eyes, messed those up last time so hoping i get it right this time

nix wrote: »
    I started NG+ and am nearing the end again, like 4-5 bosses left.

I decided to go with the Dragonslayer greataxe for the weapon choice, the damage it can pump out is insane. Wouldnt be surprised if it got a nerf, its slow but if it hits, you're in trouble. Plus im also currently riding on 40str and 45faith, damage is totally amped up.

Had an invader come at me last night, i just hit L2 for the charge and he got in too close, you could see the panic hesitation as he wasnt sure what was about to happen and then BOOM, dead in one hit. Highly funny.

Also trying to complete the NPC events is proving to be a pain, even when following a guide.
    Yuria ended up leaving me and ive no idea why, maybe something to do with helping Sirris? I was unable to trigger the patches/siegward event but still completed siegwards chain and the thief is still alive after anor londo section. So just the blind woman left really,and giving the eyes, messed those up last time so hoping i get it right this time

Did you
    cure yourself of the dark sigil? Or kill anri or anything like that?

What level you at that far in? I'm probably going to stop at 120 myself for PvP. It's handy having the option to re-spec too if i want to.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Ugh,
    my blind self killed Lothric and then engaged the mission with 2 Estus, finding myself face to face with the Dancer... Not good. Nice fight but not with limited healing. Didn't even get a chance to take the bonfire in the previous boss room... Now I have to try get my souls out of the boss room.

Same thing happened to me, I legged it in with a homeward bone ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

There's a way to stop them respawning.
    use a blessed weapon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

pontiff sulyvan jeeeesus

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Ugh,
    my blind self killed Lothric and then engaged the mission with 2 Estus, finding myself face to face with the Dancer... Not good. Nice fight but not with limited healing. Didn't even get a chance to take the bonfire in the previous boss room... Now I have to try get my souls out of the boss room.
    Homeward bone as soon as you pick the up. I keep the homeward bone on my toolbelt for just those type of mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Over a day on
    Nameless King
    now.

What console are you on? I was using the Lotric Knight Sheild, you have zero stability benefit from it without the strength but still absorb 87% of lightning damage, so I was rocking it for the fight, super useful

Advertisement