Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

froog wrote: »
    so i finally summoned someone to help with
    pontiff sulyvan
    . That ****er is hardcore, don't know how anyone can beat him solo! kinda feel like i've a cheated a bit, do people generally summon much for bosses?

Depends on your build. For me, it was a cakewalk. I just blocked everything he could do. He has a command grab but apart from that I would just block. Very simple. Cool fight but not hard.

Conversely, those regular lothric knights and dark knights gave me no end of trouble earlier in the game due to their attack strings. I couldn't block everything while having enough stamina to hit them. I found them hard while the quick roll type guys seem to beat them easily. Your build will dictate what you find piss easy and what you find hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Kirby wrote: »
    Depends on your build. For me, it was a cakewalk. I just blocked everything he could do. He has a command grab but apart from that I would just block. Very simple. Cool fight but not hard.

Conversely, those regular lothric knights and dark knights gave me no end of trouble earlier in the game due to their attack strings. I couldn't block everything while having enough stamina to hit them. I found them hard while the quick roll type guys seem to beat them easily. Your build will dictate what you find piss easy and what you find hard.

some of his attacks break my shield block and cause me to wobble, allowing him to smash me. am i missing something? have the dragon crest shield +2.

Adventures in the
    Archives

ME: Hmm... Here's an ominous, dark, fog shrouded room with two crystal geckos but no visible enemies. Bet you there's an unpleasant surprise lurking in here somewhere!

*10 seconds later, anxiously rolling away from a
    bookcase

ME: Oh, From, never change.

Dunking your head in
    wax
    has to be up there with the highlights of the series. Just a pity it wasn't more fatal and necessary :D

You could get through there by simply blocking with a shield , when they should have had the curse build up much faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Two big spoilery questions:

Q1:
    Was there any point to the dark-shrine, other than to get the infinite port pit-sword and/or meet old-maiden for other items and/or the fire keepers eyes? It's pretty much a dead-end so I teleported back to the normal shrine once I was convinced I saw all I could see.

Just for coolness after that

Very cool place either way.

Q2:
    I'm going to take a detour to the Demon King, though I only saw someone elses perspective as a co-op Phantom - they didn't have that gigantic worm, nor the huge ballista firing down on them like I do. I assume I'm to use the ballista thing to kill the worm via kiting?

Yep, if you leg it past the worm, up the the right there's a bonfire that's handy. From that bonfire, head straight across the lakey bit and hide behind the worm, behind a rock outcrop at the end of a path, you can sit there until the worm dies. I probably explained that poorly but I'm sure you'll find it.

Other than that, Q1 part was really cool/weird.
    I gave her the eyes and haven't a foggy idea what they do for my play through.

Second ending

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Two big spoilery questions:

Q1:
    Was there any point to the dark-shrine, other than to get the infinite port pit-sword and/or meet old-maiden for other items and/or the fire keepers eyes? It's pretty much a dead-end so I teleported back to the normal shrine once I was convinced I saw all I could see.

Very cool place either way.

Q2:
    I'm going to take a detour to the Demon King, though I only saw someone elses perspective as a co-op Phantom - they didn't have that gigantic worm, nor the huge ballista firing down on them like I do. I assume I'm to use the ballista thing to kill the worm via kiting?

Other than that, Q1 part was really cool/weird.
    I gave her the eyes and haven't a foggy idea what they do for my play through.
    Q1: yeah dead end, the eyes are the big thing about that place, for alt ending. What i will say, at a certain point after the final boss fight you will see a summon sign, be sure to use it before initiating the end game sequence. I only copped the sign just as it was too late on my first play through triggering what i think is the default ending and missing the "eyes" ending.

Q2: No you cant use the ballista unfortunately, just disable it. Which i strongly advise doing before going for the worm. Hes actually pretty easy once you dont have the ballista up your ass.

• Advertisement

Ended up not going there, got distracted and progressed through DBarracks - dayum the boss there is tense, some people used items to summon 3 Phantoms and still got their faces kicked in. Lot of people getting one-shot by his lightning smash (myself included whilst stuck in long-ass jousting animation).

Ugh, the game used to throw Heavy Gems at me 24/7, now no amount of coin crushing and farming hollows is dropping just the ONE I need for my Greatlance.

EDIT: Now sites are saying slugs in Farron... Sigh.

I was getting them regular enough from the 3 guys at the Keep bonfire, while farming wolfgrass , when I say regular 1 in 20 runs but it's a 30 second run. Item discovery was 360 though using the head, ring, coin and crystal sword though you could use a hollow infused shield but that will only give you +4 or 5 in luck so not really worth the mats.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Q2:
    Second ending

And the fourth ending - the one where you don't get a trophy for finishing the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I tried out multiplayer for the first time. I can feel my heartbeat in my ears.

I think I'm gonna have to put my two dogs on Adverts.ie.

Pickpocket wrote: »
    I tried out multiplayer for the first time. I can feel my heartbeat in my ears.

I think I'm gonna have to put my two dogs on Adverts.ie.

PvP was it? It's great fun, summoning normally works better than invasions I've found. Above the Watchdog of Farron and the Kiln are the duelling areas as far as I could see.

I'm not sure if you're aware but there's a general limit on your level set by the community, I believe it's SL120 so everyone will be about that level, for fairness sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Did anyone actually complete a NPC questline without consulting a guide? I can't see how it can be done, they're so obtuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

J. Marston wrote: »
    Did anyone actually complete a NPC questline without consulting a guide? I can't see how it can be done, they're so obtuse.
    Sort of. I got the
    marriage
    ending for Anri's quest but then I messed up the rest of the
    usurper of fire
    game ending.

My NPC questlines were a complete shambles on my first playthrough...
    Siegward: Met him at the tower, helped him beat the fire demon. Never saw him again.

Sirrus: Met her at Firelink Shrine, joined Rosaria's Fingers, she left. How the hell was I supposed to know joining that covenant would piss her off?

Anri: Met him at Road of Sacrifices bonfire, then at Firelink Shrine. Never saw him again.

Greirat: Gave him Loretta's bone, sent him pillaging twice. Found him dead in the sewers of Irithyll.

Yoel: Came back to Firelink Shrine and found him curled up, dead.

Irina: Did nothing other than tell me she was a nun of Carim.

Cornyx: Did nothing other than tell me I was his pupil.

Orbeck: Did nothing other than be snarky.

Karla: Did nothing.

Leonhard the Ringfinger: The one I did actually complete.

Consulting guides now that I'm NG+ and even still, it's awkward.

Not sure how I disable the Ballista though.
    General hint
    explore the catacombs on the other side of the lake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

My NPC questlines were a complete shambles on my first playthrough...
    Siegward: Met him at the tower, helped him beat the fire demon. Never saw him again.

Sirrus: Met her at Firelink Shrine, joined Rosaria's Fingers, she left. How the hell was I supposed to know joining that covenant would piss her off?

Anri: Met him at Road of Sacrifices bonfire, then at Firelink Shrine. Never saw him again.

Greirat: Gave him Loretta's bone, sent him pillaging twice. Found him dead in the sewers of Irithyll.

Yoel: Came back to Firelink Shrine and found him curled up, dead.

Irina: Did nothing other than tell me she was a nun of Carim.

Cornyx: Did nothing other than tell me I was his pupil.

Orbeck: Did nothing other than be snarky.

Karla: Did nothing.

Leonhard the Ringfinger: The one I did actually complete.

Consulting guides now that I'm NG+ and even still, it's awkward.

Exact same outcome for me, got as far as Sieg giving me a Slab but nothing beyond that. Didn't progress Leonhards quest and found
    Anri dead in Anor Londo, with a Pilgrim from earlier dead outside her door

Did you happen to find
    Archdragon Peak on your first play? Its so well hidden i don't see how anyone, in the world would find it on their own

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Exact same outcome for me, got as far as Sieg giving me a Slab but nothing beyond that. Didn't progress Leonhards quest and found
    Anri dead in Anor Londo, with a Pilgrim from earlier dead outside her door

Did you happen to find
    Archdragon Peak on your first play? Its so well hidden i don't see how anyone, in the world would find it on their own

Pretty sure that's the end of Sieg's quest?
    If you freed him from the cell and he gave you a slab he should have showed up for the Yhorm bossfight.

I found
    archdragon because there was a message saying "Try gesture", so didn't consult a guide or anything but the message made it fairly obvious what I needed to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

this game has turned me into a bag of nerves. i find myself only able to play an hour or so at a time now, too emotionally draining!

Regarding Irina ,
    her burly friend cam to firelink to visit me and warn me I later found him dead in her cell
    No idea as to the how or why there :confused:

Concord grinding is slow going, even with item discovery at 357.

PvP was it? It's great fun, summoning normally works better than invasions I've found. Above the Watchdog of Farron and the Kiln are the duelling areas as far as I could see.

I'm not sure if you're aware but there's a general limit on your level set by the community, I believe it's SL120 so everyone will be about that level, for fairness sake.

I done a bit of everything. I even tried invading but I got my arse handed to me.

The sight of an invader in the distance, mercilessly hacking through the environment in order to get his hands on you, is a serious rush.

Pickpocket wrote: »
    I done a bit of everything. I even tried invading but I got my arse handed to me.

The sight of an invader in the distance, mercilessly hacking through the environment in order to get his hands on you, is a serious rush.

Ah invading is only ****e, gank squads everywhere. Spent a good hour invading the other day, won 3 fights, all because the host and summons were just stupid, literally zero 1 on 1 fights unless you summon a dark spirit or get summoned.

• Advertisement

Ah invading is only ****e, gank squads everywhere. Spent a good hour invading the other day, won 3 fights, all because the host and summons were just stupid, literally zero 1 on 1 fights unless you summon a dark spirit or get summoned.

If you invade a world, why should the host play fair?

If you invade my world I will use every trick in the book to get rid of you. Summons, Seed of a Giant, Young White Branch.

If you invade a world, why should the host play fair?

If you invade my world I will use every trick in the book to get rid of you. Summons, Seed of a Giant, Young White Branch.

Ah I don't mind that kind of stuff, it adds variety I guess, it's just pretty boring when literally every person you invade has a summon or two with them to stunlock you to death. Even Darkmoons take a few minutes to spawn, giving you an opportunity to atleast duel.

Like the odd person would be expected, but literally every world I invaded had a summon with them already

I don't know enough about it to criticise it one way or another, but to be honest I'm too much of a happy helper dude to bother putting serious time into that aspect of the game.

I helped a guy in co-op earlier. I'm not a very skilfull gamer, but even by my lowly standards he appeared to be struggling. Helping him on his was was hugely satisfying and I can see myself doing a lot of more of that. 10 days ago I didn't know what had it me (and in fairness I'm not even halfway through the campaign so I still have a long road ahead), but here I am today helping out someone even worse off than myself. It feels good.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭RTighe

Anyone getting a constant network problem in the last few mins ?

Edited. Seems Xbox live service is having issues

Ah I don't mind that kind of stuff, it adds variety I guess, it's just pretty boring when literally every person you invade has a summon or two with them to stunlock you to death. Even Darkmoons take a few minutes to spawn, giving you an opportunity to atleast duel.

Like the odd person would be expected, but literally every world I invaded had a summon with them already

Good :pac:

Can't stand being invaded

RTighe wrote: »
    Anyone getting a constant network problem in the last few mins ?

Edited. Seems Xbox live service is having issues

Yeah same BS as last night, party chat doesn't work and disconnects. I've had to play offline and use NPC phantoms ewwwwwwwwwwww :D

Just give me two damn pale tongues so I can go back to doing what I was doing...
    Have you found the 3 pale tongue pick ups in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭RTighe

Yeah same BS as last night, party chat doesn't work and disconnects. I've had to play offline and use NPC phantoms ewwwwwwwwwwww :D

Driving me demented. Trying to do smouldering lake

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

On the topic of PvP, ****ing hate it. I literally HAVE to invade now to get pale tongues for respecs, seeing as drop rates in PvE, like always, are terrible when you need something. Anytime I spawn in, it's me vs Host with double Sunbro's. All they have to do is charge in, get one block or hit and you're locked out. Most, as you would expect (and is totally fine) avoid places that are a hazard to them, so I have absolutely nothing to my name against 3 people.

Lucked out 1-2 just by invading smouldering lake and trying to get the Ballista to help, or the worm - but even that failed half the time. I just need two damn tongues and have been at this frustrating garbage for about 1-2 hours. The one time I spawned into a 2v3, my help was a mad phantom who could hurt me as well and screws up my targetting.

I'm sure it's a lot of fun when it works out for you - but it's few and far between for me. I'm not a DSer or a min-maxer, versus people who clearly just dump everything into damage traits and rely on one lucky combo, or dodge away endlessly to repeat the cycle waiting for that one combo. Just give me two damn pale tongues so I can go back to doing what I was doing...

EDIT: One more... GIVE IT TO ME, NAO.

If you know anyone else playing the game or maybe someone on here on the same platform will do it, just set a password and summon each other through the red soapstone, easy pale tongues.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If you know anyone else playing the game or maybe someone on here on the same platform will do it, just set a password and summon each other through the red soapstone, easy pale tongues.

Does summoning with the Red Soapstone give tongues or do you have to be summoned? That'll be my go to I'd say, I love summoned duels, could do them for hours in Dark Souls 2 on the Iron Keeps bridge

Advertisement