Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

froog wrote: »
    getting really annoyed with the short run ins to the boss fights. i know they're trivial but it just adds a layer of annoyance. i just want to get in and fight the boss already. the run in to aldrich is particularly annoying, usually take a little bit of damage, using up a precious flask as soon as i cross the fog.

Believe me they are nothing compared to some of the other games, I remember one in Demon Souls where you literally had to go through the entirety of a particularly difficult level every single time. I can only think of one in his that had me very annoyed, most have been pleasantly short. it's often possible to just sprint past everything straight to the fog gate a lot of the time of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I remember one in Demon Souls where you literally had to go through the entirety of a particularly difficult level every single time.
    World 4-1? The one with the skeletons and flying mantas. I hated that one.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Evade wrote: »
    World 4-1? The one with the skeletons and flying mantas. I hated that one.

Got it in one.

The Dual Katanas are savage for PvP, really liking them after switching from the Uchi.

Need to lern2parry

*edit* What kind of slime goes for a backstab during my bow? In a summoned duel like

Ditched my Uchi too and sorry I didn't do it sooner, the extra reach the washing pole has is great for tagging invaders as they try to run and heal :D

It's got the same speed and move set has the other kitanas , slightly better stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Following on from this, it's like the game is trying to tell me something. Not long after posting that, off I went to
    Dragon place
    and what's amongst my finds?
    Dragon Greatshield
    - restores HP. So, the Sun ring, Shield, and a Bless weapon is 3xRegenerative stacks, on top of manually casting one for a fourth if you like. Just having the three alone is stupid good regen with minimal faith, so I'd hate to see the possibilities if you can get more than 3 non-castable stacks. Shame the shield is <100 Absorb, though I can't see myself swapping anything now that I've the Shield of Want.

I only tested Replenishment and a Blessed Shield and they didn't stack. But the Sun Ring did indeed stack with Replenishment. The other combinations i didn't test, but im sure someone on the internet did :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Ljlajdiojfpjkmsipsjkso[phk, argh... Again... What is it with this stupid system? Just killed the
    ancient wyvern
    , get embered, cut-scene to a bonfire, light it, am thrown a repeat-summon NPC and a PvP invader 2seconds afterwards spamming Hunter Charms - Horrible place for a fight and held me own relatively OK, was just about to heal after it wore off and end up dashing down an unseen hole to my death.

Honestly, it's bad enough getting invaded when you're out exploring for some time, but not one minute right next to the damn bonfire in a place that's a stupid death-trap. Was almost enjoying myself until **** like that happens, and then I lose 400k souls after and can't find my way to where I died to at least try and get them back...

There's a summoner up the stairs summoning the NPC, the other invader is from the covenant. I agree it's really stupid that the NPC invader can stop you resting at the bonfire, as human summons will also join in too. At that point I just hopped off a cliff, picked up my souls and rested before the guy respawned

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Stuck on deacons of the deep.

No progress being made, once i get them to half the dark magic but especially the curse gets me

Am I just being too slow? Need to be more aggressive?

noodler wrote: »

No progress being made, once i get them to half the dark magic but especially the curse gets me

Found them very easy
    just kill the glowing red ones

I kited a few of them out to disperse the crowd, went hell for leather until the deacon died, bounce out and heal. Repeat for stage 2.

When they use the curse attack I hit behind the pillars

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

What's the most you can summon to fight a boss

• Advertisement

Must be that I'm not managing to kill the deacon.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭RTighe

Is it possible to link up. As you can in destiny and do co op?

RTighe wrote: »
    Is it possible to link up. As you can in destiny and do co op?

Yeah there's a password field hidden in the settings
    What's the most you can summon to fight a boss

3 phantoms

Changed to raw battle axe +3 and did it with ease first time.

+2 fire halbred was holding me back.

Where to go now?

Is that it for here,back to the swamp with the lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

noodler wrote: »

only boss fight i beat first time with no problems.
    use a greatsword and the ring that gives you hp with successive hits and happily hack them all day without using a single flask. also they infinitely respawn, go for the taller glowing ones and finally the glowing red one.

Yeah there's a password field hidden in the settings

Saw that. Must get a few onboard to help with blah and blah.

What console are you on? Boardsies are always
    obliging

What console are you on? Boardsies are always
    obliging

Xbone. But my time online is limited so I'm grinding my character at the moment and hunting for chunks. If I can assist look up russian8ball. Can't do audio as I'm hard of hearing but point me in the way of the hackenslash and I'm happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

About Anri, sidequest spoilers.
    was told to meet my bride, got there and i drive a sword through her face. WTF dark souls. Thought there would be something nice going on. Feel like pouring a sword through Yuria now, don't even know what this sidequest is about :pac:

PS: Anor Londo kicks ya right in the feels. Time for tears indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    was told to meet my bride, got there and i drive a sword through her face. WTF dark souls. Thought there would be something nice going on. Feel like pouring a sword through Yuria now, don't even know what this sidequest is about :pac:

You expected something pleasant in Dark Souls?

The whole Anri thing has to do with
    the more complicated ending for the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Zero-Cool wrote: »

You're on course for the secret ending, I think. Don't kill Yuria if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

You'll have to
    complete the game 3 times to platinum anyway, some rings are only available in NG++ too

Yes, I'm after noticing that too.. might just crack on and do covenant stuff as I go along.

Just farming sounds like I'd get bored pretty fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ugh **** Aldrich :(

Just regarding cost of removing hollow, best do it early unless going for an ending it costs the same as the last 5 level ups. Would have cost me 400k to remove in that play though
    .You can remove it cheaper from the sin remover shrine for much cheaper before going to NG+

Just regarding cost of removing hollow, best do it early unless going for an ending it costs the same as the last 5 level ups. Would have cost me 400k to remove in that play though
    .You can remove it cheaper from the sin remover shrine for much cheaper before going to NG+

I presume it's
    removed automatically when you move on to NG+?

I presume it's
    removed automatically when you move on to NG+?

Won't take too long to farm 500k Souls in NG+ if needs be anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Put down my soapstone late last night to gain some experience at
    Lothric castle boss
    and got summoned into a mass brawl 3 v 3 with the
    dragons blowing flames
    and picked up 40k souls in a few mins, great crack.

On NG+ and think I'm stuck for getting some of the items I wanted on this playthough.

I need the final gesture from
    Yellowfinger Haysel
    and I want the ring and other items from
    Siris
    but I don't think I can do both on this play and I messed them up the 1st time through aswell.

I need to get to the catacombs but in other to do that I think I have to go through the
    Abyss Watchers
    ???? Thats the only way I can go now I think , if I do that I miss miss the gesture but if I take the gesture I will lockout the
    Sirris
    questline and miss the ring and other items as I have to join the covenant to trigger the NPC summon for the gesture I think.

TLDR can it get to the catacombs or Irithyll of the Boreal Valley without triggering the
    Abyss Watchers
    fight???? I don't think I can?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

The platinum looks like it's going to be a lot of work.
    Need to get all the way past the
    Nameless King
    in NG++. Jesus!
    I've most things mopped up now in the end game. Just need to farm some covenant items.
    Will then give NG+ a go as I missed the mound makers and Darkmoon covenant first time round.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Does the guy kneeling by the gate near where yo fight the kapra demon have any significance ?

Advertisement