Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

As a Souls 1+2 player, I think this is the easiest Souls game to date. Anyone else share that view?

I play Melee characters only in Souls games, favouring Knights and Warriors with decent armor, shield and a good heavy weapon. My builds are always Strength builds.

I have only completed 7 areas of Dark Souls 3 so far. Cemetery of Ash, Firelink Shrine, High Wall of Lothric, Undead Settlement, Road of Sacrifices, Cathedral of the Deep and Farron Keep. I am steam rolling my way through the game at the minute. I just started the Catacombs of Carthus and again I am finding it quite easy. I have downed all of the bosses so far, sometimes killing them on my first effort.

I am already level 60 so I am most likely overpowered for the area but I have not farmed yet so not sure if this is the norm for people.

For people who have finished the game already, what level were you in the final area and before you started NG+?

I am thinking I will most likely be in the 90's by the time I get to the final boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

logik wrote: »
    As a Souls 1+2 player, I think this is the easiest Souls game to date. Anyone else share that view?

I play Melee characters only in Souls games, favouring Knights and Warriors with decent armor, shield and a good heavy weapon. My builds are always Strength builds.

I have only completed 7 areas of Dark Souls 3 so far. Cemetery of Ash, Firelink Shrine, High Wall of Lothric, Undead Settlement, Road of Sacrifices, Cathedral of the Deep and Farron Keep. I am steam rolling my way through the game at the minute. I just started the Catacombs of Carthus and again I am finding it quite easy. I have downed all of the bosses so far, sometimes killing them on my first effort.

I am already level 60 so I am most likely overpowered for the area but I have not farmed yet so not sure if this is the norm for people.

For people who have finished the game already, what level were you in the final area and before you started NG+?

I am thinking I will most likely be in the 90's by the time I get to the final boss.

I was 85 when I finished, as a flippy ninja I found it the hardest game, not for bosses but for mobs in later areas. Most enjoyable imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

I see rapier builds in PvP are still ridiculously annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I think its just a case of we're just really good at souls games at this point, once you get passed the learning curve its alot easier to defeat enemies. Anybody playing for their first time will have a much harder time i suspect. I found all of the bosses pretty easy on my first play through too as strength sword and board. bosses start to get harder from
    Pontiff Sulyvahn
    onwards with still real easy bosses in between, unless you're summoning help, makes the bosses much easier as its alot easier to break away and heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I thought the same but the two bosses after the next one will probably kick your ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

I'm actually starting to find it a little easier going now. Played dark souls 2 once to the end and then started this so while I have some experience in DS it's fairly limited.

Was struggling majorly early on (pyro hybrid build) but since finding
    great chaos fire orb
    I'm finding it easier going. Have also pumped a load of levels into improving my fire damage since which has also helped. Found Pontiff Sulyvahn very easy (3rd go) due to how his mechanics work. I finally feel powerful :D I'm sure it won't last long though knowing this game.

I just had some clown invade and try to roll me to death with armor of thorns ...... I'm wearing a dragon slayer set so after many rolls he took off about a millimetre of my HP before being swatted like the pest he was

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Was just summoned to a very uncivilised fight club outside Sulyvahn's. Two people fighting in the courtyard while another 3 or 4 stand on the ledge throwing dung pies at the combatants.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Was just summoned to a very uncivilised fight club outside Sulyvahn's. Two people fighting in the courtyard while another 3 or 4 stand on the ledge throwing dung pies at the combatants.

Ha ha I knew htey had a use :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Supposedly two handing Havel's greatshield makes you more or less unkillable in pvp.

• Advertisement

Pretty amazing sword that you can only get in NG+.
    You need to fuse Lorian's Greatsword and Lothric's Holy Sword, so you need to have beaten them twice and created those weapons from their souls. Then Ludleth will tell you that you can combine them to create the Twin Princes' Greatsword. The weapons arts can fire holy projectiles and do a huge flaming slash.

It's fairly overpowered in PVP but I think since you more or less have to complete the game twice to get it, that's fair.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Supposedly two handing Havel's greatshield makes you more or less unkillable in pvp.
    I've read the longsword guard break weapon art is effective against that build but not many people use them in PvP.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Pretty amazing sword that you can only get in NG+.
    You need to fuse Lorian's Greatsword and Lothric's Holy Sword, so you need to have beaten them twice and created those weapons from their souls. Then Ludleth will tell you that you can combine them to create the Twin Princes' Greatsword. The weapons arts can fire holy projectiles and do a huge flaming slash.

It's fairly overpowered in PVP but I think since you more or less have to complete the game twice to get it, that's fair.
    If you wanted to get that earlier in NG+ you can
    trigger the Boreal Dancer fight early (as the second boss fight) by killing the woman that gives you the banner and the continuing on up Lothric Castle.

Is there an item to send invaders out of your world? So ****ing annoying sometimes

Is there an item to send invaders out of your world? So ****ing annoying sometimes
    The only way to not get invaded is play as ashen or go offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

so i've stopped playing after beating aldrich. i summoned for him and the previous boss and it kind of took the sense of achievement out of it for me. with that gone the only thing left really was the lore which i really got into (and i'm usually not into lore at all), found myself looking up all kinds of lore videos from the previous games. i couldn't resist so i looked up all the DS3 endings, they all kind of suck to be honest, i'll say no more!

overall i found the game quite good, great graphics, very challenging gameplay obviously (never played a DS game before). i played the game much more than most single player games, which i usually get bored off quite quickly. i had a look at some of the boss fights ahead of me and i reckoned i'd could be facing them 50+ times before beating them solo and that just isn't for me i'm afraid.

multiplayer was really fun, invading and being invaded. might come back to the game in a few months just for that aspect of it.

also i have to say i found the combat pretty repetitive, way too much emphasis on rolling. i reckon i spent 70% of the game rolling, got really tiresome after a few hours. and all the boss fights when you break it down pretty much amounted to roll, roll, roll, look for an opening, attack, get hit, estus, roll, roll, roll. the openings just get progressively less with each boss.

having said all that i'd probably give the game a solid 8 out of 10.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

RopeDrink wrote: »
    So I left last night with my character all prepared for
    Soul of Cinder
    - logged in, helped someone else do it to ember up, then did it myself. Took the
    Usurper/Dark
    ending and, well... What an underwhelming end to a long journey.
    Are any of the other endings longer/more interesting, or are they also 30seconds of basic animation or not much happening? Note that I ask that knowing that the journey to get some of said endings is probably longer than the endings themselves ie. Anri one for sure.
    Not sure I can be bothered with it and may just head to NG+ for a bit. I said I'd leave it for DLC but to be fair, there's not much else I want to seek out in my current game.

Only boss I've left behind is
    Nameless King

Dark Souls endings have always been abrupt and vague, short cutscenes that contrast quite sharply with the inevitably intense battle that preceded them.

But I don't think there's really a way for From to pull off a really satisfying ending to their style of storytelling. It's all about slowly accumulating details over the course of the game rather than the main 'plot' so to speak. It's a game where the narrative is a complex thing woven into the atmosphere, world design, systems, locations, enemies, NPCs, item descriptions etc... And that's what makes them so special, and IMO why From wisely whittles the main plot down to a few short, mysterious cutscenes and dialogue exchanges.

Is there a difference between
    the lord of hollows and the usurper
    endings ?? They look the same to me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Is there a difference between
    the lord of hollows and the usurper
    endings ?? They look the same to me :confused:

They the same. There is
    Link the Fire ending, and End of Fire ending, and an alternative End of Fire ending where you kill the Firekeeper after she takes the flame

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Does the guy kneeling by the gate near where yo fight the kapra demon have any significance ?

anyone

• Advertisement

anyone
    Where do you mean?
    The Capra Demon is a Dark Souls 1 boss.

Evade wrote: »
    Where do you mean?
    The Capra Demon is a Dark Souls 1 boss.
    I think he means the stray demon above the Swamp on the broken bridge

ShaneU wrote: »
    I think he means the stray demon above the Swamp on the broken bridge
    There's no one kneeling there, is there?

Evade wrote: »
    There's no one kneeling there, is there?
    there's one of those guys that looks like Yoel of Londor turned to stone at the gate there, don't think it's important.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Started NG+ and so far I'm flying through it. The tutorial boss didn't even get a chance to go into the second phase.

Found the covenant I missed so I might see if I can finish that off later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Had a look over all the Dark Souls 3 trailers for the first time today and this one really stands out. As good as the two Dark Souls 1 trailers with tracks from The Silent Comedy. Granted it is spoilerific so don't watch if you dont want bosses/areas spoiled

tok9 wrote: »
    Started NG+ and so far I'm flying through it. The tutorial boss didn't even get a chance to go into the second phase.

Found the covenant I missed so I might see if I can finish that off later.

You can boost the shackles with a pal using a password and summon them as a hostile phantom, took us 2 hours last night and was super boring. Best place to do it is the Cathedral of the Deep on the bonfire in the church because of the spawns. Be warned you can still get invaded.

Flying through it also but noticed the summon signs have all but dried up (Xbox) just finished profaned capital then moving on. God I hate those
    hand face hippo
    bastards, lost mucho souls to them, just really awkward to fight melee and the they move faster than they should if you break out the the bow :mad:

Had a look over all the Dark Souls 3 trailers for the first time today and this one really stands out. As good as the two Dark Souls 1 trailers with tracks from The Silent Comedy. Granted it is spoilerific so don't watch if you dont want bosses/areas spoiled

Crazy watching it now, it's got a lot of mid to late game stuff in it. It actually has shots of the endings in it and a spoiler for a surprise in Boreal Valley.

If I'd gone through that frame by frame or been reading reddit I'd have known
    Anor Lono
    was in the game too.

Do the "Toast" gesture in front of the Fire Keeper.

Her reaction is probably the most interesting thing she does in the whole game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi All,

Looking for some advice, I've a Longsword+8 and all the gems bar the raw gem. Its hard to know which to use.

Any ideas which is the best gem to use? Or does it depend on enemy? - going to get this to +10 hopefully!

Advertisement