Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

sticker wrote: »
    Hi All,

Looking for some advice, I've a Longsword+8 and all the gems bar the raw gem. Its hard to know which to use.

Any ideas which is the best gem to use? Or does it depend on enemy? - going to get this to +10 hopefully!

Are you a strength build (in which case use the heavy gem)
    Are you a dex build (then use the sharp gem)
    If you're pumping souls into both then use the refined gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Are you a strength build (in which case use the heavy gem)
    Are you a dex build (then use the sharp gem)
    If you're pumping souls into both then use the refined gem.

strength build - But it looks like the attributes are larger with the RAW - does this make sense? Will check exacts when I get home...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

strength build - But it looks like the attributes are larger with the RAW - does this make sense? Will check exacts when I get home...

I think raw just boosts base damage and removes scaling altogether.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think raw just boosts base damage and removes scaling altogether.

Thanks!

I've got my head around the fact that I can raise the damage level of a weapon with titanite etc and infuse with gems to apply a damage like fire but I'm completly lost when it comes to the scaling of a weapon...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thanks!

I've got my head around the fact that I can raise the damage level of a weapon with titanite etc and infuse with gems to apply a damage like fire but I'm completly lost when it comes to the scaling of a weapon...

So scaling will add damage to a weapon based on your stats.

When you look at a weapon's stats look for the section where it shows the little thumbnails representing a particular stat and some thumbnails will have a letter under them. The letters represent scaling with E being the lowest and S being the best so it goes E,D,C,B,A,S.

When you look at a weapons damage in your inventory you'll see a number with a + before it, this represents the amount of damage your stats are adding to it through scaling.

Someone on reddit did this spreadsheet showing weapons and their attributes: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-sm_mSATMS0XFBG-dH3HhQcfM3dxh6hbLNR8Qe_1vaI/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

• Advertisement

So scaling will add damage to a weapon based on your stats.

When you look at a weapon's stats look for the section where it shows the little thumbnails representing a particular stat and some thumbnails will have a letter under them. The letters represent scaling with E being the lowest and S being the best so it goes E,D,C,B,A,S.

When you look at a weapons damage in your inventory you'll see a number with a + before it, this represents the amount of damage your stats are adding to it through scaling.

Someone on reddit did this spreadsheet showing weapons and their attributes: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-sm_mSATMS0XFBG-dH3HhQcfM3dxh6hbLNR8Qe_1vaI/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

Many Thanks for taking the time to post that - much appreciated!
    I just killed Theorn the King, I summoned a few knights to help, but it was by far the easier boss in the entire Souls series, Have you found him to be easy? Maybe next time I need to go it alone!

Many Thanks for taking the time to post that - much appreciated!
    I just killed Theorn the King, I summoned a few knights to help, but it was by far the easier boss in the entire Souls series, Have you found him to be easy? Maybe next time I need to go it alone!

No problem!

Was it the
    giant skeleton guy with the bracelets?

No problem!

Was it the
    giant skeleton guy with the bracelets?

No.. Yhorm ... my mistake

No.. Yhorm ... my mistake

Oh sorry yeah
    was very easy for me too but I think that was because I had Siegward helping me

Need to farm Human Dregs tonight.
    Is invading those poor saps after the Pontiff boss fight the only way to do it?

• Advertisement

You can just kill the deacons in that area (the guys in the blue robes that shoot fire). Stick on the covetous gold serpeant ring and use a rusted gold coin to get your item discovery up. It's more fun to invade people though :p

No I farmed all mine at the Aldrich bonfire took about an hour with item discovery up to 356 with gear and coins, they drop from the deacon enemies, you could also use the pontiff fire once you unlock the shortcut to the deacon enemies

Sounds good. Might try invading initially and see how I get on.
    Don't have much practice in PVP so will see how I do.

I'll farm the deacons if I'm getting destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

That area after the Pontiff fight is absolute bullshít lets be honest.
    You've got the two NPCs with the magic weapons, the crazy red phantom NPC with the Katana and those jerks on the balcony shooting fireballs at you...oh and the giants as well, mayhem. And that's all without you evil feckers invading too.

ShaneU wrote: »
    You've got the two NPCs with the magic weapons, the crazy red phantom NPC with the Katana and those jerks on the balcony shooting fireballs at you...oh and the giants as well, mayhem. And that's all without you evil feckers invading too.

I agree. In both my playthroughs there I was destroyed by the invader.
    The first time I acted all cordial & even bowed. The f**ker jumped on me and I was down to a sliver of health instantly. Then like a fool, I didn't heal.

Might extract some kinda revenge now :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I decided last night instead of helping people out I'd start invading them. So I spent most of last night invading people in the cathedral. After about 40 fights I think I won 2 fights but it was still a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ShaneU wrote: »

Yep, balls of a place. In that courtyard, go to the left under the sheltered part.
    Then go left up stairs and you can get back into the cathederal with an elevator back down to the bonfire. You can also use that path to take out the fire ball guys and go straight past giants NPC's.
    In the end, I just legged it through that area

I got invaded there, we were fighting away and then he starts slowly backing away from me. Sent my spidey sense tingling and I start rolling to the side when a big purple ****er's sword came flying down and just missed me, it looked like something out of a hollywood film. The rest of the fight looked like a benny hill episode with them chasing me through the whole level. Best part was, when they finally stopped, I had ran all the way to the bon fire to 'that' other area, haven't been back since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭recyclops

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I decided last night instead of helping people out I'd start invading them. So I spent most of last night invading people in the cathedral. After about 40 fights I think I won 2 fights but it was still a lot of fun.

i got bored of running around so i decided i would try invade to see what would happen.

it keep saying invade failed, what am i doing wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Is it just me or is the lag delays in PvP horrendous? like me totally dodging attacks but still getting hit, or me looking like im landing attacks but then them taking damage a few seconds later?

nix wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the lag delays in PvP horrendous? like me totally dodging attacks but still getting hit, or me looking like im landing attacks but then them taking damage a few seconds later?

Age old souls problem where it seems their sword has 3 feet extra invisible reach :mad:

Also F*** those serpent men in AD Peak :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Decided to just get it over and done with and farm the deacons for human dregs and hence the final sorcery I needed. Took slightly longer than expected (even wearing a
    mimic hat
    like a crazy bastard), but got there in the end. Just a shame none of the covenants take Deacon Skirts as currency, as I have a few to spare now.

20160427181355_1.jpg

The drop rate on those is plentiful compared to Proof of Concord Kept :(

Started the wolf ring grind for ring achievement, this is gonna take forever :(

Wishing i had the mimic hat, no idea what ones are left to kill or where.. that would be an annoying grind in itself >_<

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I can tell you I'm not even slightly bothered to get the 30 Vertebra Shackle I need for my last pyromancy now anyway :pac:

Actually don't even know where I got the hat, just happened to have it in my inventory when I was looking for stuff to boost item discovery.

Decided to just get it over and done with and farm the deacons for human dregs and hence the final sorcery I needed. Took slightly longer than expected (even wearing a
    mimic hat
    like a crazy bastard), but got there in the end. Just a shame none of the covenants take Deacon Skirts as currency, as I have a few to spare now.

You are a crazy bastard if you did that with only 163 Item discovery :P

I assume you had the
    mimic hat off for that screen shot
    and used coins and the ring.

The
    crystal sage
    sword gives you another 50 , and a hollow shield will boost luck 1 point per level, just for those trying to boost these.

nix wrote: »
    Started the wolf ring grind for ring achievement, this is gonna take forever :(

Wishing i had the mimic hat, no idea what ones are left to kill or where.. that would be an annoying grind in itself >_<

You on Xbox??? I have a spare :)

You are a crazy bastard if you did that with only 163 Item discovery :P

That particular hat came off at the first possible opportunity, so yes was higher than 163 ;) Although the coins ran out pretty quick :(

Apparently you're not guaranteed one for killing all mimics after all, I never got one and double checked all the locations today.

I finished the game earlier so just trying to tie up loose ends, would be nice to move on to NG+ with only the +1 & +2 rings to have to get.

I also missed a miracle outside of the covenant ones
    never got rosario's soul

That particular hat came off at the first possible opportunity, so yes was higher than 163 ;) Although the coins ran out pretty quick :(
    Patches
    sells the standard coins , Greirat the gold ones but only after the 2nd or 3rd outing and depending on his
    survival

• Advertisement

You on Xbox??? I have a spare :)

PS4 :(
    Apparently you're not guaranteed one for killing all mimics after all, I never got one and double checked all the locations today.

If for some reason it doesn't drop, go to the location of the Sunlight Straight sword mimic and reload the game and it will appear. You have to completely exit the game and launch it again (going to title screen and back is not enough).

EDIT: Sorry thats a wiki quote, typed it fast as i got summoned :D
    :D:D:D

EDITEDIT:
    and a hollow shield will boost luck 1 point per level, just for those trying to boost these.

hollow shield? where do i get that? :confused:

Advertisement