Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'll give that a go, I only quit to the title screen earlier.

You just infuse a shield with a hollow gem I'm guessing.

nix wrote: »

hollow shield? where do i get that? :confused:

Black smith, infusion. Just don't do something stupid like I did and level it to max. not worth wasting a slab on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

It only increased my luck by 2 points? :*(

I think I'm turning hollow ever time I die. Is this supposed to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I think I'm turning hollow ever time I die. Is this supposed to happen?

Yep, its
    Due to taking the free levels from the pilgrim guy from Londor

• Advertisement

Yep, its
    Due to taking the free levels from the pilgrim guy from Londor
    So I gotta buy back my humanity each time? I thought it was a once off purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hate the pontiff not even getting one hit in. Might head back to Yhorm at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I believe so yes, I haven't been hollowed so I'm not sure.

Is it worth not being hollow to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

its nothing much to worry about, all it does is decrease the number of summon signs that appear the higher it gets, you can buy an item that resets it off a vendor later.

nix wrote: »
    It only increased my luck by 2 points? :*(

You have a +2 shield then, you get one point per level. Crystal sage sword will give you +50 item discovery. Be warned though it's not an easy one to use if you are not used to thrust type attack, I used it on my left hand and my usual +10 sword in the right with a hollow infusion to give me 10 more points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Did they patch out that tree jump glitch that lets you get on the roof of Firelink Shrine without buying the 20k key?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm a long ways behind everyone else, but just beat the pesky Stray Demon in Farron ruins,
    Longbow from the bridge and a lot of patience did the trick!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Regarding the final boss
    anyone else think he was a bit too easy? Nameless King felt more like a proper endgame boss to me. Then again the best bossfights in the other games were never the final ones either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

J. Marston wrote: »
    Did they patch out that tree jump glitch that lets you get on the roof of Firelink Shrine without buying the 20k key?
    I'm pretty sure that's intentional because late/end game
    there are items on that roof in the Untended Graves Firelink with no other way to get up there
    and there are 2 nests for Pickle Pee and Pump-a-Rum.

Evade wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that's intentional because late/end game
    there are items on that roof in the Untended Graves Firelink with no other way to get up there
    and there are 2 nests for Pickle Pee and Pump-a-Rum.

Missed that first time and just arrived in that area.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Regarding the final boss
    anyone else think he was a bit too easy? Nameless King felt more like a proper endgame boss to me. Then again the best bossfights in the other games were never the final ones either.

Agree with it being
    easy
    but quite a cool concept in that he was a
    mash all the people that linked the flame
    he used
    player moves in the 1st phase and Gywn's in the second

Patch Notes , should update overnight I think
    Dark Souls III 1.4 Patch Notes:

Item collection during multiplayer while accessing NPC and Covenant Alter is now working as intended.

Conditions for optional events is eased.

Conditions to get Rosaria's Finger is eased.

If they haven't visited the Untended Grave, players will not be teleported there.

Kicks cannot be parried.

The Crystal Sage will appropriately re-appear even after he has warped.

The Dragonslayer Armour won't die before the battle.
    Knight Slayer Tsorig will no longer gesture unintendedly.

Siegward of Catarina will now be able to properly rescue Greirat once conditions are met.

If the player is equipped with a ring that increases Max HP, stats will now be properly reflected when opening the equipment screen.

The voice chat icon will now be displayed properly under the covenant panel.
    I
    tems, bonfire, and the "Quit Game" option are now appropriately active even when disconnecting online.

If the game disconnects during a multiplayer session, it will no longer crash and return to the title screen.

Other issues causing crashes and returning to the title screen have been fixed.

Adjustments of the balance of game, improvements of performance and various bug fixes. have been made

The range of the matching level of the Blade of the Darkmoon and the Blue Sentinels have been adjusted.

The efficiency of the following categories has been adjusted: Short Sword, Twinsword, and Magic.

Other game balance improvement and bug fixes.

I'll hold off on farming concords to see if that change improves things.

I'll hold off on farming concords to see if that change improves things.
    I don't think level range is the issue, it's too few people using the Way of the Blue. It would make sense to be able to be summoned by other players in Blade of the Darkmoon and Blue Sentinels as well as Way of the Blue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Can the great axe be infused with magic, how do you do this? I have maxxed out on reinforcememt and have the great axe + 10

Also where is a good farming area?

Evade wrote: »
    I don't think level range is the issue, it's too few people using the Way of the Blue. It would make sense to be able to be summoned by other players in Blade of the Darkmoon and Blue Sentinels as well as Way of the Blue.

Mmmmm too true. :(

• Advertisement

Can the great axe be infused with magic, how do you do this? I have maxxed out on reinforcememt and have the great axe + 10

Also where is a good farming area?

You need to find coals and give them to the blacksmith , then select infuse. There are 5 or 6 of them hidden throughout the world, some very late game.

Mmmmm too true. :(
    I've done enough grinding to get the spells and rings from covenants so I'm leaving Way of the Blue on permanently. But I'm SL 171 so I might be out ranging a lot of potential invaders and blue phantoms.

I believe so yes, I haven't been hollowed so I'm not sure.

Is it worth not being hollow to you?

I just don't like the look of being undead :pac:

I just don't like the look of being undead :pac:
    There's a ring that makes you look normal again, Yuria sells it.

Got invaded there just as I was going for the
    twinkling dragon head
    in AD Peak , anyone who's done it knows what a pain it is to get up there on your own and he's stood there right in front of where I need to sit down :mad:

..... I don't attack he put's his sword away and drops prism stones saying here, here. We Both have a nice sit :D

Then go back down for fisticuffs, I felt obliged not to heal even though he invaded, and I have to say I had feels once I clobbered him to death :(

Part 1 - The Mexican stand off http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Calex%20dEUS/video/17022994

Part 2 - The Agony http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Calex%20dEUS/video/17024090

Bonus : And spoiler - The Death of A Friend http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Calex%20dEUS/video/17023208

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

They should allow Blade's of the Darkmoon their own invasion orb that allows them to invade the worlds of those that have sinned. Would help the covenant along nicely

They should allow Blade's of the Darkmoon their own invasion orb that allows them to invade the worlds of those that have sinned. Would help the covenant along nicely

It was in every other Dark Souls game, don't know why they ditched it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got invaded there just as I was going for the
    twinkling dragon head
    in AD Peak , anyone who's done it knows what a pain it is to get up there on your own and he's stood there right in front of where I need to sit down :mad:

..... I don't attack he put's his sword away and drops prism stones saying here, here. We Both have a nice sit :D

Then go back down for fisticuffs, I felt obliged not to heal even though he invaded, and I have to say I had feels once I clobbered him to death :(

Part 1 - The Mexican stand off http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Calex%20dEUS/video/17022994

Part 2 - The Agony http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Calex%20dEUS/video/17024090

Bonus : And spoiler - The Death of A Friend http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Calex%20dEUS/video/17023208
    The delivery of Siegward's: "Yhorm, old friend..." line was amazing. We don't even know how or why they were friends but that line made just made it so emotional.

I wish From made more cutscenes like that for important NPC's.

J. Marston wrote: »
    The delivery of Siegward's: "Yhorm, old friend..." line was amazing. We don't even know how or why they were friends but that line made just made it so emotional.

I wish From made more cutscenes like that for important NPC's.

Worth reading the description on the sword.

Did you do follow Sirris' questline?
    She also had an interesting bit of dialogue the second time she summons you. Looking forward to the lore videos on youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

In Lothric Castle, dropped down a ladder into the room with awesome strength ring, there was a note in between the book shelves. I walk into the space to read it and it says somehting about regret. Regret indeed as I got completely stuck in there. Had to homeward bone back to bonfire. Absolute sickner but the covenant you find in the next room more than made up for it.

Man the Archives are a ball of laughs.

Advertisement