Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    In Lothric Castle, dropped down a ladder into the room with awesome strength ring, there was a note in between the book shelves. I walk into the space to read it and it says somehting about regret. Regret indeed as I got completely stuck in there. Had to homeward bone back to bonfire. Absolute sickner but the covenant you find in the next room more than made up for it.

Man the Archives are a ball of laughs.

Dipping
    you head in wax
    was really cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dipping
    you head in wax
    was really cool.

Yeah what the hell is that about other than looking really cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

It helps against certain enemies.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It makes you immune to the arms. What's the covenant in the archives?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It makes you immune to the arms. What's the covenant in the archives?

Ah nice 1! I actually used a homeward bone, 2nd time doing it for being overwhelmed in a level with no estus left & a ton of souls and it was mostly due to those
    arms coming out of everywhere.

Meant the covenant in Lothric Castle just before the Archives
    Praise the Sun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

That
    Fire Demon
    in the Catacombs,and the
    Worm/Snake thing with the Ballista firing aswell
    ... just painful..as with everything though,preseverence will pay off!

bigphil2 wrote: »
    That
    Fire Demon
    in the Catacombs,and the

For the
    worm, I legged it and got hit behind a rock. The worm couldn't get to me and the ballista ended up killing him for me.
    Great Success!

bigphil2 wrote: »
    That
    Fire Demon
    in the Catacombs,and the

I discovered by accident after getting clobbered by the
    Fire Demon
    the 1st time I ran into him and fleeing down the stairs right into a swarm of
    skeletons
    and being chased back up by those that they will actually engage him and do most of the work for you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

For the
    worm, I legged it and got hit behind a rock. The worm couldn't get to me and the ballista ended up killing him for me.
    Great Success!
    I discovered by accident after getting clobbered by the
    Fire Demon
    the 1st time I ran into him and fleeing down the stairs right into a swarm of
    skeletons
    and being chased back up by those that they will actually engage him and do most of the work for you :pac:

The Cheese is strong!! :D:D:D:D

Thanks Guys..

Currently rocking a +10 Uchi and +10 Black Knight Greatshield. They were the only 2 items I upgraded, haven't even infused anything.

I'm looking to infuse/buff another weapon, can anyone recommend a good Boss weapon to use? Thinking Artorias Sword but not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Christ... this wolfs blood swordgrass grind is torture :mad:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

nix wrote: »
    Christ... this wolfs blood swordgrass grind is torture :mad:

It took me about 2.5/3 hours this morning with 335 item discovery. The proof of concord kept is the only one I've left now, but tbh the only way I'll ever get that done is if they patch it to up the drop rate or fix the relevant covenants so they actually work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

It took me about 2.5/3 hours this morning with 335 item discovery. The proof of concord kept is the only one I've left now, but tbh the only way I'll ever get that done is if they patch it to up the drop rate or fix the relevant covenants so they actually work.

I read the following on the Fextralife wiki:
    1-hour time period I received 7 concords. In the same time period in a different run, using 10 regular coins and 3 gold coins in addition to the above, I received 0.

That's nearly worse than that poxy sharpstone in Demons Souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Fromsoft really need to work on their patch notes. For 1.06 they basically said they made changes to twinswords, magic and covenant items. What changes they made? That's for YOU to figure out.

I'm using the twin swords on my current character and it feels like they got a damage buff, but a nerf in stamina drain. Could be a placebo effect as without the raw numbers I'll never know.

Anyone else "feel" like "magic" is better now? Or changed? By magic I'm guessing they mean sorcery but it could well include all schools of magic damage

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'll have to give the new "magic" a whirl. Honestly found sorceries became near useless in the latter half of the game, some of the support ones aside. I remember in DS1 unlocking Homing Crystal Soulmass was a revelation. Here it barely made a dent on most enemies.

Pyromancies were vastly superior in terms of damage and speed this time around, although the same could be said of DS2 at least in its initial version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

I think drop rates are a little better in NG+. Concords seemed to drop a little more regularly in NG+ with around the same drop rate I had in NG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Got summoned three times today as darkmoon blade today after they patched it last night. The host died as soon as I was summoned each time :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

I have Mornes Great Hammer, I have strength at 50 and Faith at 30 but I sill cant use it right. I cant run or roll

I have Mornes Great Hammer, I have strength at 50 and Faith at 30 but I sill cant use it right. I cant run or roll

You need to up you vitality to increase equipment load. There's a few rings that can help too like Havel's Ring.

You need to level vitality to lift heavier stuff and lose the "fat" roll

• Advertisement

what does vitality need to be at and where do I find havels ring?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Havel's Ring you get from trading a Boss soul with the guy in the chair at firelink shrine. Not sure which one. you'll also need to have defeated that giant tree boss as well in the undead settlement place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

what does vitality need to be at and where do I find havels ring?

You get Havels from Soul Transposition, I think it's the Stray Demon Soul.

As for Vit, look at your equipment screen and see what the percentage in the top right is. Every point into Vitality ups your carry weight by one, you just need to either wear lighter armor (or none) and bump Vitality until its lower than 70%

finally got 30, was not fun, accumulated 1.5 million souls getting it done :(

nix wrote: »
    finally got 30, was not fun, accumulated 1.5 million souls getting it done :(

Ring of favor will give you an extra 5% load + some HP and stamina, can be stacked with havels also. I use it for when I need to have a bow equipped on the move as opposed to having time/space to unequip it and not worry about fat rolling :)

Aye same, the 30 was in reference to the wolfs blood swordgrass grind >_<

EDIT:

Now onto the dregs.. LAGBOMB GRIND YAY

Respeced to farm the silver knights 1 so far at 408 ID, have about 30 points in luck now and anri's sword is lethal 203+233 and I get 8 swings on a full stamina bar , might look at tweaking that by adding a few points into faith

Can the great axe be infused with magic, how do you do this? I have maxxed out on reinforcememt and have the great axe + 10

Also where is a good farming area?

What I mean is when the weapon looks like they have fire or this blue gkow on them, how do you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

What I mean is when the weapon looks like they have fire or this blue gkow on them, how do you do that?
    Pine resins and spells (usually the ones with swords in the picture) can temporarily infuse swords etc.

• Advertisement

That's not infusion those are spells, miracles and pyromancies. Resins too.

Advertisement