Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

The pyro is carthus flame arc , needs 10 int and 10 faith which is quite easy to achieve. I use that a lot.

Wow I missed the
    bird cage and whole rafters section
    in grand archives on my 1st run and the only reason I found it on NG+ was from the wiki looking for rings etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

I'm not surprised considering what's guarding the entrance.

Evade wrote: »
    I'm not surprised considering what's guarding the entrance.

Beware of
    Fatty
    they fail to mention
    3 of them
    :pac:

Wouldn't mind I cleared them out for the slab, even on NG+ and still missed the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Man F**K this game.

• Advertisement

Another thing along with Poise that seems to not work or is disabled is
    Sin
    I
    murdered everyone in NG then went to have it removed before NG+
    and was nicely told I hadn't
    sinned
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wait i killed the 3 of them earlier, lured them out one at a time but didn't see any secret area. Got the slab and the ring. Never dropped down inside the tower, is that where ye'r on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Ropedrink, what are the chances of a sub-forum for the DS games ?

It's hard to keep up with every post here or post new info.

A sub forum would allow posts relating to

-what's your favourite / weirdest / most OP build etc ?
    -best / worst monster ?
    -strategy for a,b,c ?
    -what does **** do ?
    -secrets you discovered
    -Videos / humour / pics related to DS.

It's impossible atm the go through all the posts here at the rate they're posted, and DS will be on the frontpage of the general forum for the next few months or years possibly as was with Dark Souls 2.

Is there somewhere to petition to get a forum/sub-forum made ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Ropedrink, what are the chances of a sub-forum for the DS games ?

It's hard to keep up with every post here or post new info.

A sub forum would allow posts relating to

-what's your favourite / weirdest / most OP build etc ?
    -best / worst monster ?
    -strategy for a,b,c ?
    -what does **** do ?
    -secrets you discovered
    -Videos / humour / pics related to DS.

It's impossible atm the go through all the posts here at the rate they're posted, and DS will be on the frontpage of the general forum for the next few months or years possibly as was with Dark Souls 2.

Is there somewhere to petition to get a forum/sub-forum made ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=461

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Okay, I need some general concept help with this game.

I'm a DS virgin and I've played a small bit so far but I don't really understand what I'm doing.

Obviously I'm dying LOTS but how do you progress this game. As the level resets when I rest at a bonfire am I supposed to just make forays out, not go too far, kill some stuff, get some souls then return to Firelink to level up? For example there I pushed through a difficult part, had no estus and less than a 3rd of my HP. Does one just go back and reset or push on to see if there is another bonfire to 'save' at?

Levelling up, I picked a warrior. Should I be spending my souls now on stats or gear or both? I've picked through some parts of the high wall but I'm still in my starting gear. Should I already have upgraded?

Finally, am I missing something with the story, obviously starting at 3 has hindered me but it seems to be little more than 'you're dead (I think), go kill stuff'

EDIT: Fading Souls, soul of a deserted something or other. Do I just use these when I'm in a hub and upgrading?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Submitted a request for a Dark Souls (Sub Forum of Gaming)

I guess you can reply to show support for it if you like. The requirements are as follows as per Forum Request Charter
    I've posted a link below to the request, and also edited my signature to reflect the request.
    Please post there if you are in support of the idea, else..well...don't :D
    2. At the end of 6 weeks the number of *clear* votes of support or opposition will be counted up.

What counts as a clear vote?

thanking a post is not a vote. thanking a post is just that, a thanked post.

posting +1 is counted as support.

Posting a reason that clearly shows support or opposition is counted

Posting conditional support (good idea, +1 from me as long as X,Y or Z is included) is not counted as the end forum may or may not include x,y or z in its final state.

3. If the final tally ( votes in favour - votes against ) is greater than +18 then the forum will be considered popular enough for consideration

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99552042#post99552042

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Submitted a request for a Dark Souls (Sub Forum of Gaming)

I guess you can reply to show support for it if you like. The requirements are as follows as per Forum Request Charter
    I've posted a link below to the request, and also edited my signature to reflect the request.
    Please post there if you are in support of the idea, else..well...don't :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99552042#post99552042

+1'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Okay, I need some general concept help with this game.

I'm a DS virgin and I've played a small bit so far but I don't really understand what I'm doing.

Obviously I'm dying LOTS but how do you progress this game. As the level resets when I rest at a bonfire am I supposed to just make forays out, not go too far, kill some stuff, get some souls then return to Firelink to level up? For example there I pushed through a difficult part, had no estus and less than a 3rd of my HP. Does one just go back and reset or push on to see if there is another bonfire to 'save' at?

*Pretty much this until you get the hang of it, exploration is a massive part of the gameplay, depending on how hard I'm finding it its often more beneficial to plough on that go back, but playing it safe can be a big timesaver. As you explore the world you'll find new bonfires and shortcuts back to old ones, you'll also start finding areas a lot easier as you pick up practise against enemies

Levelling up, I picked a warrior. Should I be spending my souls now on stats or gear or both? I've picked through some parts of the high wall but I'm still in my starting gear. Should I already have upgraded?

Nope, wouldn't worry there yet, if you're Titanite shards and like your weapons then upgrade

Finally, am I missing something with the story, obviously starting at 3 has hindered me but it seems to be little more than 'you're dead (I think), go kill stuff'

You probably are from the first game, reading a quick lore rundown from it might help

EDIT: Fading Souls, soul of a deserted something or other. Do I just use these when I'm in a hub and upgrading?

Yeah, basically free souls

Answers in quote

Up to 10 concords now so that's the rings taken care of save for the +2 ones. Item discovery at 415, I had 5 before I started farming them so got 5 in about 2 and a half hours. No idea how many silver knight kills that is but it's around 4.7 million souls worth, and I can't use them or I'd likely be over levelled then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Up to 10 concords now so that's the rings taken care of save for the +2 ones. Item discovery at 415, I had 5 before I started farming them so got 5 in about 2 and a half hours. No idea how many silver knight kills that is but it's around 4.7 million souls worth, and I can't use them or I'd likely be over levelled then :(

I was 4 hours farming last night and got 7. Miserable drop rates.
    I've decided to start the NG+ run and put the farming off till later.
    I think i've only got the concords & shakles to get now.

There is a handy cheat sheet doing the rounds on reddit. I'm using it to map out what I need to do in NG+ & NG++

http://zkjellberg.github.io/dark-souls-3-cheat-sheet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Having spent an hour or farming the other day and kinda regretted it, I think it's fair to say when the enjoyment and satisfaction is sucked out of the game like that I think it's time to just let it go. No achievement or item is worth making the game a chore IMO.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I was 4 hours farming last night and got 7. Miserable drop rates.
    I've decided to start the NG+ run and put the farming off till later.
    I think i've only got the concords & shakles to get now.

There is a handy cheat sheet doing the rounds on reddit. I'm using it to map out what I need to do in NG+ & NG++

http://zkjellberg.github.io/dark-souls-3-cheat-sheet

For shackles just get a mate and summon eachother for duels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Anyone encountering server issues right now?

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Oh, forgot to ask - how do you quick swap between ammo? Can't figure it out (if it's even possible to begin with... Game certainly implies that it is).
    You equip two types of arrows / bolts, light attack fires the first type and heavy attack fires the second type.

Started NG++ at around 4pm, had dinner , went to tesco, walked the dog,put the wee one down, played the division with a pal and came back to DS3 and I just put down the Abyss guys. Anri's straight sword is a hell of a weapon,
    :eek:

I'm only levelling after bosses now and even then i feel OP

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The folks in charge of the wiki have supposedly organised an event tonight to try get sentinels/darkmoons summoned around anor londo. Not on until 2am though annoyingly.

As an experiment earlier I set my covenant to way of the blue, used dried fingers and disguised myself as a statue just after pontiff sullyvan. Got invaded by two Aldrich faithful and a mad phantom but no sign of any sentinels or blades being summoned in to help.

Anri's straight sword is a hell of a weapon,
    :eek:
    Unless you're getting most of your scaling bonus from faith try out the sunlight straight sword. It has Bs in STR and DEX scaling at +5. I've got 41/40 STR/DEX which gives it 196 + 247 attack power. Plus the weapon art is a toned down version of the sunlight blade miracle for extra damage dealing potential

Unless you're getting most of your scaling bonus from faith try out the sunlight straight sword. It has Bs in STR and DEX scaling at +5. I've got 41/40 STR/DEX which gives it 196 + 247 attack power. Plus the weapon art is a toned down version of the sunlight blade miracle for extra damage dealing potential

Anri's sword scales with luck too. Sunlight straight sword is great though yeah, straight swords are probably going to be nerfed at some stage, at the moment they do the same damage as great swords but are lightening fast and you get about 8 swings before your stamina drains!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Anri's sword scales with luck too. Sunlight straight sword is great though yeah, straight swords are probably going to be nerfed at some stage, at the moment they do the same damage as great swords but are lightening fast and you get about 8 swings before your stamina drains!
    There's definitely a nerf on the way for straight swords. I've been invaded at SL 160ish and vanquished the invader in one stamina bar's worth of swings os the sunlight sword.

Is the luck scaling high? I just +5'd Anri's sword and with STR/DEX/FTH/LCK of 41/40/30/10 I get 204 + 132. I might use a few tongues tomorrow and set my luck to 40 and see what that does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I rage-quitted the Smouldering Lake at 2:45 am. Went to sleep checking the trade-in value in CEX. I'm wide awake now at 7:20 am and thinking about how best to smash a crab's head in. Long-weekend indeed.

There's definitely a nerf on the way for straight swords. I've been invaded at SL 160ish and vanquished the invader in one stamina bar's worth of swings os the sunlight sword.

Is the luck scaling high? I just +5'd Anri's sword and with STR/DEX/FTH/LCK of 41/40/30/10 I get 204 + 132. I might use a few tongues tomorrow and set my luck to 40 and see what that does.

It's huge, my Anri @ 40/40/15/32 is 204+244 so luck far exceeds faith even at 35 luck each extra point is still adding +5 to the scaling number, were as if I put +1 in faith i'd get 1 or 2 points to the scaling number.

It's huge, my Anri @ 40/40/15/32 is 204+244 so luck far exceeds faith even at 35 luck each extra point is still adding +5 to the scaling number, were as if I put +1 in faith i'd get 1 or 2 points to the scaling number.
    Sounds like Anri's sword is the new Blueblood sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I tried anri's sword and found it fairly weak, do you have to stack into strength/agility/faith/luck for it to be good? Are you swinging one hand or two?

nix wrote: »
    I tried anri's sword and found it fairly weak, do you have to stack into strength/agility/faith/luck for it to be good? Are you swinging one hand or two?

Well I picked it up in NG+ late on, so I'd built up my str and dex to the soft cap , I tweaked some of the other numbers down and added a few point to faith to bring it up to 15 and then started adding points to luck , in NG++ now and it's demon at 38 luck 204 +266.

Using it 1 handed I get 8 swings from a full bar of stamina.

There is little return from scaling it with faith, tested with a priestess ring which adds +5 to faith and I got 204+266 that was bringing faith from 15-20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Well I picked it up in NG+ late on, so I'd built up my str and dex to the soft cap , I tweaked some of the other numbers down and added a few point to faith to bring it up to 15 and then started adding points to luck , in NG++ now and it's demon at 38 luck 204 +266.

Using it 1 handed I get 8 swings from a full bar of stamina.

There is little return from scaling it with faith, tested with a priestess ring which adds +5 to faith and I got 204+266 that was bringing faith from 15-20

They do need a nerf or heavier weapons need a buff. I've similar damage with my exile greatsword and it weighs nearly 6 times as much as Anri's sword. I have to switch to a straight sword when fighting bosses as the dps is much better.

Advertisement