Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Well I picked it up in NG+ late on, so I'd built up my str and dex to the soft cap , I tweaked some of the other numbers down and added a few point to faith to bring it up to 15 and then started adding points to luck , in NG++ now and it's demon at 38 luck 204 +266.

Using it 1 handed I get 8 swings from a full bar of stamina.

There is little return from scaling it with faith, tested with a priestess ring which adds +5 to faith and I got 204+266 that was bringing faith from 15-20

Nice, How much damage are you hitting roughly per swing and what infusion are you using? :D

nix wrote: »
    Nice, How much damage are you hitting roughly per swing and what infusion are you using? :D

Can't be infused I don't think but can be buffed I use the arc pyro for fire buff and it takes 2 swings on NG++ to kill those 1st enemies in Boryeal Valley with it, they kind of wraith ones just after the bonfire. I'll check the numbers later when I'm back on.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just wondering on Leonhard's questline:
    What's the trigger to get him to kill rosario? I've talked to him at every opportunity and have given in a few pale tongues but there's no sign of him and Rosario is still alive and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What's the trigger to get him to kill rosario? I've talked to him at every opportunity and have given in a few pale tongues but there's no sign of him and Rosario is still alive and well.
    Do you have the
    red eye orb the darkwrtaith in Lothric drops? You get the key to the darkwraith's area area from Leonhard after you get one pale tongue.

After that go o to Rosaria's chamber and talk to Leonhard. Then warp away and come back or quit and reload and Leonhard should have killed her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

After you give a pale tongue to rosario leonhard should give you a key and you have to kill a darkwraith, think it's the from second bonfire on high wall of lothric, go downstairs and there should be a locked door there. He drops a red eye orb that allows infinite invasions.

Leonhard should now be gone from firelink shrine and Rosario should be dead with a black eye orb beside her and you then activate it in the room behind Aldrich fight and he invades you

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah I've done all that.. On NG+. Do I have to kill Aldrich?

Yeah I've done all that.. On NG+. Do I have to kill Aldrich?

Yeah id say a definite requirement as you meet him in the room after aldritch so elevators would need to be accessable

It must have bugged out on me
    killed Aldrich and Rosario is still there.

Id try exhausting all dialogue with him in the shrine, then go to rosario and he should be at the doorway to her room leaning against door.

If not then likely bugged out on ya :(

nix wrote: »
    Id try exhausting all dialogue with him in the shrine, then go to rosario and he should be at the doorway to her room leaning against door.

If not then likely bugged out on ya :(

Yeah did all that yesterday, he's nowhere to be seen.

• Advertisement

Yeah did all that yesterday, he's nowhere to be seen.

He'll be in the room with
    Rosaria
    near the door with the
    maggotmen outside
    go back and forth to firelink a few times after talking to him, 3 I think and she should be
    dead

He'll be in the room with
    Rosaria
    near the door with the
    maggotmen outside
    go back and forth to firelink a few times after talking to him, 3 I think and she should be
    dead

I talked to him there yesterday, killed about 4 bosses since and been in firelink loads. It must be bugged :(

I managed to get enough concords there earlier to get the ring btw, not sure I have it in me to grind out the other twenty.

I talked to him there yesterday, killed about 4 bosses since and been in firelink loads. It must be bugged :(

I managed to get enough concords there earlier to get the ring btw, not sure I have it in me to grind out the other twenty.

I need 18 more. I even made another sword but thats not practical for killing silver nights quickly. Did take me to over 500 ID though.

I need 18 more. I even made another sword but thats not practical for killing silver nights quickly. Did take me to over 500 ID though.

I was doing it all morning with 415ID, I'm not convinced it makes much difference.

Leonhard's quest advanced for me there out of nowhere after I killed Draonslayer Armour. So Darkmoon Blade is now the only miracle I don't have....I think DS2 had the right idea by having a merchant sell everything once you reached a certain point in NG++ oh and having covenants that actually worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Just started last night. Playing a sorcerer but f*ck me it's much tougher than the previous games. Enemies too quick. Have to supplement with the uchi. All means stats are a bit gimped at present.

Still just can't beat the atmosphere in a souls game.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Can't find the third flame to extinguish in farrons keep?

Just killed the staray demon up high but a dead end..

noodler wrote: »

From the bonfire you come in from the woods, one is very close to the left say 11 o clock with back to the fire the 2nd is 2 the fight passed the basilisks , not the 3rd is connected to one of those 2 I believe or very close to it. I'm think more the 1st I mentioned.

noodler wrote: »

When you're up at the top of the ladder near the old wolf bonfire take note of where the chimneys are and head towards the one that's still flaming.

When you're up at the top of the ladder near the old wolf bonfire take note of where the chimneys are and head towards the one that's still flaming.

That was just crazy enough to work

Abyss watchers down.

Enjoyable fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Blade of the Darkmoon. The only covenant in the game with an NPC that actually speaks and has interesting lore...
    Sunbro: Broken statue.
    Way of Blue: Piece of parchment.
    Blue Sentinel: Given to you by a mute.
    Mound Makers: Pile of bones.
    Rosaria's Fingers: Mute woman.
    Watchdogs of Farron: Sleeping Wolf.
    Aldrich Faithful: Fat, dead priest.
    Blade of the Darkmoon: Captain Yorshka who talks about Gwyn and Gwynevere.

Pull the finger out and patch in blue eye orbs and make the coolest covenant actually work, FromSoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just got thrown into a boss fight straight after another without a bonfire, that ain't cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

J. Marston wrote: »
    Blade of the Darkmoon. The only covenant in the game with an NPC that actually speaks and has interesting lore...

Pull the finger out and patch in blue eye orbs and make the coolest covenant actually work, FromSoft.

Yes, indeed, they lacking in the lore department compared to previous games. Hodrick and Reinhard are extensions of their respective covenants but the insight they give from a lore perspective is poor

ShaneU wrote: »
    Just got thrown into a boss fight straight after another without a bonfire, that ain't cool.
    Always have homeward bone on your toolbelt.

J. Marston wrote: »

You left out she looks like
    Crossbreed Priscilla
    I was certain upon seeing her there would be a
    painted world
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

You left out she looks like
    Crossbreed Priscilla
    I was certain upon seeing her there would be a
    painted world
    :(
    She even has a tail too.
    RopeDrink wrote: »
    Only true if you joined/found them AFTER killing Cursed Greatwood. Said NPC (if you do it the sneakier way) also has ties to Siris/DMoon NPC, so be sure to look into DMoon & MMaker properly in next playthrough for a tiny little extra insight.
    Yeah, Hodrick. I should've mentioned him actually. Just finished Sirris' quest properly yesterday and it was very interesting. So that makes it two covenants with speaking NPC's.

Is there a way of beating
    Yhorm without the Stormruler?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Evade wrote: »
    Is there a way of beating
    Yhorm without the Stormruler?

Yeah, I got him to about 66% without using it, walk through his legs, he'll do a two handed Smash, two hits, repeat. It's laughably easy to do, just bring loads of repair powder.

If you hit him instead of his armor it does reasonable damage

Platinum done. It only took 170 hours across 2 saves, one at SL111 and the other at SL200.

• Advertisement

Nice, I'm on the final stretch myself, got the last 2 emotes last night on NG++, just have the +2 rings to get and then grind one or two more covenants. Raging i
    killed the fire keeper on the eyes ending as it doesnt get you the achievement for that ending which is lame
    So will have to level another char (which ive already started) to get the 3 endings. Or do NG+++

Advertisement