Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

Evade wrote: »
    Explore the poison swamp at Farron Keep.

I think I've already done that. I lit the three thingys and went to beat the Abyss watchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

I think I've already done that. I lit the three thingys and went to beat the Abyss watchers.
    Have you beaten the Abyss Watchers? If so have a look around the boss room.

Have you beaten the Abyss Watchers? If so have a look around the boss room.

I beat the old fire demon dude. I think I missed an alternative path somewhere in the Catacombs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Soul farming is a pain but killing the
    Drakeblood Knights
    in
    Archdragon Peak
    is pretty quick.

9.5k souls, with the right gear (Symbol of Avarice, Shield of Want, Mendicant's Staff) every 20 seconds. Seems like that area was designed for it.

Not going to farm Proof of a Concord Kept, I'm banking on FromSoft patching in blue eye orbs sooner or later.

I beat the old fire demon dude. I think I missed an alternative path somewhere in the Catacombs.
    The one down the
    broken bridge used as a ladder?

There's another way if you cross the bridge and continue on without climbing down, check out the alter.

• Advertisement

The one down the
    broken bridge used as a ladder?

There's another way if you cross the bridge and continue on without climbing down, check out the alter.

Just did that now. That's what I was missing. I haven't played in a week or so.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So it turns out Crystal sage doesn't like
    poison. A little rotten pine resin made the fight laughably easy. A full dose of poison takes away about a third of his health.

You can bleed him too, I'm making mince meat of the bosses on ng++ with the chaos blade and 40 luck.

Farming concords will definitely have taken longer than both ng+ and ng++ combined for me I reckon.

Catacombs so you enter from behind where you killed
    Abyss Watchers.

Edit: Wait I see you got the other guy, then you need to go
    across that bridge that you climbed down to kill the fire demon

Crossbows are terrible compared to bows.

Cathedral of the Deep all done, well, not all but enough. I'm on the Abyss Watchers now and they're the first real challenge of this run. It looks like I'm going to have to put in some parrying practice.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah you cant be invaded once the boss is dead in the area and you will no longer be able to see co-op summon signs but you can still invade and be summoned yourself and see PvP summon signs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Fascinating analysis of the use of the colour purple in the game: https://killscreen.com/articles/dark-souls-iii-and-the-color-purple/
    These delicate beauties scattered around the building seem more unlikely than any of the monstrosities you’ve been busy butchering. Dark Souls III’s kingdom of Lothric has, up to this point, largely displayed the same taste for earth tones favored by the depressive landscape architects of Lordran and Boletaria. You’re left to wonder at the explanation for this sudden infusion of color in the dreary wasteland of the settlement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

The difficulty really spikes up in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley. Ive been stuck at the first bonfire for days :(

Some wanker has invaded and I have around 50k souls. I am in hiding. Do they often get bored give up?

The difficulty really spikes up in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley. Ive been stuck at the first bonfire for days :(

That's not a difficulty spike, it's just cheap is what it is. Attacks that can hit you at range lock on almost and through cover/corner/wall are not cool From Software, not cool at all :mad:

Some wanker has invaded and I have around 50k souls. I am in hiding. Do they often get bored give up?

50k is likely less than the next boss will drop go fight him or run to the boss fog and bone home :pac:

Edit: This is why is a good idea to have homeward bones in your quick select.

Sometimes. If you're not confident of winning start heading back to the last bonfire that way when you die your souls will be easy to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Fascinating analysis of the use of the colour purple in the game: https://killscreen.com/articles/dark-souls-iii-and-the-color-purple/

That's excellent, as is the one on Bloodborne that's linked to in the text.

It's quite a cool blog actually. I'm always on the look out for material like that. Please share any other sites that might interest us.

That's not a difficulty spike, it's just cheap is what it is. Attacks that can hit you at range lock on almost and through cover/corner/wall are not cool From Software, not cool at all :mad:

A really brilliant strategy for that bit is sprint past everything, actually in NG+ and NG++ it's been serving me well for pretty much every part of the game :P

Mickeroo wrote: »
    A really brilliant strategy for that bit is sprint past everything, actually in NG+ and NG++ it's been serving me well for pretty much every part of the game :P

I clocked 6 hours on NG++ there was no need to engage with mobs at all in most cases by that stage and little you needed to pick up.

Actually though in Boreal Valley I did have a few deaths with those dogs and magic users on the steps later on to unlock the way to the boss.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Pickpocket wrote: »
    That's excellent, as is the one on Bloodborne that's linked to in the text.

It's quite a cool blog actually. I'm always on the look out for material like that. Please share any other sites that might interest us.

Alas Kill Screen is the only site I frequent that regularly puts out material of the calibre. It helps that their contributors' tastes and critical approach appeal to me a whole lot, but yeah have always struggled to find other sites the offer that quality of writing about games.

Critical Distance can be worth a gander for flagging some intriguing writing from around the web, although invariably the quality can vary. http://www.critical-distance.com/

Specifically on the subject of Dark Souls and From Software games, though, I do greatly appreciate Rich Stanton's contributions over on Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/author/725

Alas Kill Screen is the only site I frequent that regularly puts out material of the calibre. It helps that their contributors' tastes and critical approach appeal to me a whole lot, but yeah have always struggled to find other sites the offer that quality of writing about games.

Critical Distance can be worth a gander for flagging some intriguing writing from around the web, although invariably the quality can vary. http://www.critical-distance.com/

Specifically on the subject of Dark Souls and From Software games, though, I do greatly appreciate Rich Stanton's contributions over on Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/author/725

Posted a link here from a few weeks ago on his lore/summery article well worth a read for those who haven't played the previous games http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-15-dark-souls-lore-and-how-it-works

It's by no means a definitive piece and open to criticism and correction by many I'm sure but it does a great job of summing things up on a clear and concise way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

So im at the end of NG++ and refrained from leveling much at all since NG+, I'm currently at SL 159 and i have over 2mil souls. I've got some covenant grinding to do, should i stay at 159 or would it matter much if i leveled higher?

nix wrote: »
    So im at the end of NG++ and refrained from leveling much at all since NG+, I'm currently at SL 159 and i have over 2mil souls. I've got some covenant grinding to do, should i stay at 159 or would it matter much if i leveled higher?
    If you need to invade / be invaded for the covenants going too high will put you out of a lot of players range. Even at 159 your pretty high already.

Yeah SL120 was the unofficial level cap for multi player in DS1, in DS2 it didn't matter as matchmaking worked off soul memory (which ruined the best PvP in all three games imo). I stopped leveling about midway through NG+ when I hit SL120, still found NG+ & NG++ a cake walk.

Just got all the achievements there, clocked in at 128 hours and 30 minutes. I reckon roughly 8 hours of that was farming Proof of Concord Kept alone :(

I think I liked the ending where you
    summon the Firekeeper
    the best, if this really is the last game in the series then that seemed like the most natural ending to me.

Character build at SL120 is:

Vig 34
    Att 14
    End 25
    Vit 10
    Str 20
    Dex 40
    Int 10
    Fth 16
    Lck 40

Real shame invasions don't happen once you've cleared an area, had so much fun in Anor Londo yesterday using a dried finger.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah SL120 was the unofficial level cap for multi player in DS1, in DS2 it didn't matter as matchmaking worked off soul memory (which ruined the best PvP in all three games imo).
    That being said I have a SL200 character and still get invaded in the popular spots but not as often as my character around SL120.

I restarted after nearly 80 hours to do the invasions etc because it's a lot easier to PvP at low levels.

I felt a little sorry for all those new players taking their first steps into Lothric and summoning me, a "helpful" purple phantom, only to stab them in the back when things got hairy.

yeah im just worried about completing the trophies, i plan on leveling another char for that 120 sl mark anyway

Just about to kill the namelessking for last ring then i need to grind mound makers and darkmoon for rest of spells which i have a feeling will takes ages :(

yeah im just worried about completing the trophies, i plan on leveling another char for that 120 sl mark anyway

Just about to kill the namelessking for last ring then i need to grind mound makers and darkmoon for rest of spells which i have a feeling will takes ages :(
    I found the drop rate for concords in NG+ was pretty good using the crystal rapier (offhand), covetous gold +2, symbol of avarice, and using a rusted coin with only 10 luck. I got 17 or 18 in about 6 hours which might seem bad but in NG I spent about the same amount of time with a similar item discovery and got 5.

Plus all those silver knights will get you a load of souls which I used to buy up all the unique armour sets so I could fashion souls.

Mound makers is fun, just invade away to your hearts content,if you do it in the Aldrich area you're more likely to have back up from Aldrich faithful, though sometimes they'll just try kill you anyway and you can kill them. Good thing about moundmakers is you don't have to kill the host just a phantom or 2 depending on how many people are in the instance. If you're really stuck for vertebraes just get someone on here to summon you for duels.

Darkmoon is a relentless grind though as the covenant is broken pretty much, a truly horrendous experience farming those.

• Advertisement

is there any point to putting signs down to grind darkmoon? or do i just wait to get randomly summoned with key item on?

Advertisement