Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

nix wrote: »
    is there any point to putting signs down to grind darkmoon? or do i just wait to get randomly summoned with key item on?
    You get randomly summoned. You could have that on and grind silver knights at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

grinding silver knights is proving useless, like 290 item find and zilch so far :confused:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

is there any point to putting signs down to grind darkmoon? or do i just wait to get randomly summoned with key item on?

You won't get concords from summon signs, the only way you can get them is to be summoned as a darkmoon or blue sentinel or farm the silver knights in Anor Londo.

Unfortunately the summoning pretty much never works for a lot of people, I was in that covenant for a good chunk of NG and all of NG+ and NG++ and never got summoned once and unfortunately you're less likely to get summoned at L159. i got the concords from killing the two silver knights on the steps at Anor Londo bonfire. I had symbol of avarice, gold serpeant ring & crystl sage rapier equipped while popping a rusted coin to get my Item Discovery up as high as possible. It took about 6 or 7 hours farming those knights with 415ID to get them. Provided you pick up the two concords you can find lying around on each play through should only need to farm 24 rather than 30 in NG++.

grinding silver knights is proving useless, like 290 item find and zilch so far :confused:

You had no luck getting the symbol of avarice then? You check the area where the dragon breaths fire at the start of the game, and the spot the mimic spwans there? It dropped there for me both times. on NG++ it was in the 2 near
    Yhorm

You had no luck getting the symbol of avarice then? You check the area where the dragon breaths fire at the start of the game, and the spot the mimic spwans there? It dropped there for me both times. on NG++ it was in the 2 near
    Yhorm
    If you kill all 11 mimics you're guaranteed to get it. If it doesn't drop at the last one it will be where the mimic beneath the Sunbro statue was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I love how this game continually cracks you out of your complacency. I decided to track back a few levels to Farron Keep, just to smash up those crabs that were giving me grief earlier. Just so I could feel all big and powerful. But that big angry dude with the crucifix on his back slapped me around like I was his landlord.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Evade wrote: »
    If you kill all 11 mimics you're guaranteed to get it. If it doesn't drop at the last one it will be where the mimic beneath the Sunbro statue was.

That's not true apparently. I killed all of them and didn't get one until mid way through NG+ and plenty of folks on reddit were the same. That trick didn't work either.

You can get one by using undead hunter charms on the chests though:

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That's not true apparently. I killed all of them and didn't get one until mid way through NG+ and plenty of folks on reddit were the same. That trick didn't work either.
    I hadn't heard that. I tried it and it worked for me. It did take me a few minutes to find the one I'd missed.

Yhorm

Yeah, didnt realize there were only 11, i went back over them, i had left the 2 by yhorim and the one near pack of jailers, one by jailers was my last one, reloaded the game and went back and wasnt there, then went back to where mimic was under sunbro and nothing there either =(

What do you get out of invading other people worlds and killing them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I got mine from the mimic chest above the fire demon, thought it was a guaranteed drop from that one, didn't realise it was random. Got it in NG with plenty mimics left to kill after it.

Spells, rings, weapons, and occasional satisfaction.

Dependng on the covenant you're in it's either sunlight medals, pale tongues or vertebrae shackles, then you use those to rank up. It's the only way to get certain rings, spells and weapons. You can get them from putting down red summon signs too or in the case of sunlgiht medals helping folks fight bosses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

A laugh.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Dependng on the covenant you're in it's either sunlight medals, pale tongues or vertebrae shackles, then you use those to rank up. It's the only way to get certain rings, spells and weapons. You can get them from putting down red summon signs too or in the case of sunlgiht medals helping folks fight bosses.

If find the lack of the term "Jolly Co-Operation" in that post offensive :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

For anyone after the Symbol of Avarice, you can throw a Lloyds Talisman at a mimic to send it to sleep, and take its item. Then punch it to wake it up, but it won't stand up. Throw another Lloyds, take item, punch, Lloyds, item, punch until you get the Symbol

For anyone after the Symbol of Avarice, you can throw a Lloyds Talisman at a mimic to send it to sleep, and take its item. Then punch it to wake it up, but it won't stand up. Throw another Lloyds, take item, punch, Lloyds, item, punch until you get the Symbol

BUT I JUST KILLED THEM ALL !!! :eek:

:(:(:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Strength weapons just seem like absolute pish in pvp compared to Des weapons due to the lack of poise in the game. You get one hit in but players can just combo right through it before the second hit comes.

That area after pontiff sulyvahn is such a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭RTighe

The Archives..........................

Mutherpuffer!!!

Though it is a great spot to assist in and grind for souls

• Advertisement

RTighe wrote: »
    The Archives..........................

Mutherpuffer!!!

Though it is a great spot to assist in and grind for souls

2nd only to archdragon peak for me in terms ffs moments and deaths

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭RTighe

2nd only to archdragon peak for me in terms ffs moments and deaths

it gets worse?.... how!!!!!

still looking forward to that and the
    garden area

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Those Silver Knights upstairs from Siegward
    I hate them, and their children, and their wives and even their budgies.
    Absolute dirty rotten dingle berries, the lot of them :(

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Those Silver Knights upstairs from Siegward
    I hate them, and their children, and their wives and even their budgies.
    Absolute dirty rotten dingle berries, the lot of them :(

Bet you ended up with a
    big arrow or two sticking out of you
    like I did 1st time I encountered them :D

I went thinking ahhhh look he's
    got his back to me
    stabby stabby :(

Previous game thought me nothing it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Tried Invading last night...

..fooking annihilated...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bet you ended up with a
    big arrow or two sticking out of you
    like I did 1st time I encountered them :D

I went thinking ahhhh look he's
    got his back to me
    stabby stabby :(

Previous game thought me nothing it seems.

It learned be good, in the art of running the f*&k away and hoping for the best....

Worked too!!

I'll be back, and I'll peel his corpse out of that armour like a sardine from a can...
    Or, I would if he didn't disappear and From software electing not to include corpse peeling from the game code....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Taltos wrote: »
    aldrich
    is just destroying me.
    If I fire sorcery at him, I get a barrage.
    If I run in and swipe
    his tail
    I get a few shots in and rinse and repeat a few times but so far have only gotten his health to 2/3rds.

Invisibility seemed to work a bit for me but I've focused so heavily on sorcery my stamina is still in the teens.

Still stuck at the same boss. :(
    Have upped my sorcery but it hardly helps. Did get him down to a 3rd health with a sword earlier but getting very cheesed at this now.

Any tips I might be missing?
    Don't see any NPCs to bring in. But quite a few purples ;)...

Taltos wrote: »
    Still stuck at the same boss. :(
    Have upped my sorcery but it hardly helps. Did get him down to a 3rd health with a sword earlier but getting very cheesed at this now.

Any tips I might be missing?
    Don't see any NPCs to bring in. But quite a few purples ;)...

I found it best to rush him and stay on top of him as having any distance between you triggers the more powerful magic attacks. Don't think there is any npc summons for that fight unfortunately.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah keep close - a ranged magic battle is a shortcut to a quick death. You can basically taunt him into using his inexact melee attacks, which have a long recovery time and are easily dodgeable. When he starts teleporting, rush to the middle of the arena and make sure you can get close to him again ASAP - the extended arrow rain is an absolute pain in the second phase.

This is more general too, but if you're relying on sorceries consider changing your strategy to pyromancy. Several fire spells are considerably quicker and more powerful than any of the sorceries (although I never did bother raising INT enough for crystal soul spear) and have much lower requirements to boot.

• Advertisement

he's resistant to magic and dark so that is a hiding to nothing from the get from the get go.

Have you checked outside the double doors you open? Anri can be summoned or he summons you there I think depending on how you progress his story.

Either way get up close to his tail and hope for the best when the arrows come, i can't stress this enough DO NOT ROLL AWAY from them they will track you after the 1st time so roll around him in a circle and you stand a better chance or surviving them.

If you want to cheese him and have 35 faith use
    Vow of Silence
    miracle to shut him up :)

Will pretty much turn the fight into a melee one

Advertisement