Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Cheers guys
    Have been trying that tactic since last night, might see about upping my stamina or health.

Stats are unbalanced, going the sorcery route I pumped into atunement and Int. But liked my build from Bloodborne so sank a lot into Str as well, stupidly not enough in Dex.
    Faith is around 11. Int is up around 46, STR around 30 and Dex is low 20s with Atunement around 32.

At least thanks to you all I know I'm on the right track just need to tweak my build a bit. As to Anri - I blew that storyline...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Whats your hp and endurance at?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Taltos wrote: »
    Stats are unbalanced, going the sorcery route I pumped into atunement and Int. But liked my build from Bloodborne so sank a lot into Str as well, stupidly not enough in Dex.
    Faith is around 11. Int is up around 46, STR around 30 and Dex is low 20s with Atunement around 32.
    Dex decreases spellcasting time so you might consider respeccing with
    Rosaria
    and dumping all your strength into dex instead of grinding out a few points in dex.

nix wrote: »
    Whats your hp and endurance at?
    Full stats are
    VIG 16; ATT 32; END 20; VIT 13; STR 26; DEX 24; INT 47; FTH 11 LCK 12
    Weapons of choice: Black Blade +7; Izalith Staff +3

Might have to resort to respec'ing but might grind a bit more to build Dex separately.

Taltos wrote: »
    Full stats are
    VIG 16; ATT 32; END 20; VIT 13; STR 26; DEX 24; INT 47; FTH 11 LCK 12
    Weapons of choice: Black Blade +7; Izalith Staff +3

Might have to resort to respec'ing but might grind a bit more to build Dex separately.

Yeah your health is pretty low for a caster imo

Bring your strength down to 18 and dump the rest into health, you would want about 25-30 points in your health. Thats likely why you're dying easy, aldrich hits really hard so a high hp pool is good to have.. I'd even considering using Uchigatana instead so you can lower str down to 11, you only want to raise dex really for weapons like katanas

I would always try and get my vigor and endurance up to 30 no matter what class im playing, even as a castor you need enough endurance to run/roll.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ditch the extra 7 points in INT too (unless you need them for a certain spell or weapon?), really no need to go above 40 in any stat.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ditch the extra 7 points in INT too (unless you need them for a certain spell or weapon?), really no need to go above 40 in any stat.

Aye was gonna say the same but i think there is a spell that requires 50, defo 45 anyway :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

So I finally got around to another boss after having to resort to jolly cooperation for the Pontiff last weekend. This time it was Aldrich, and despite being significantly less difficult than our Catholic friend, I still had to summon for help. In fact, I summoned about 10 times. Oddly enough, the only two near-misses that I had were fought alone, so perhaps I should have persevered.

Anyway, the good news for me is that I don't feel one bit guilty. I felt terrible after summoning for the Pontiff, but I've learned to live with my inferior skills and am just glad to be still making headway. I'm quite certain that I'll finish it, although at 45 hours and counting I'm taking my sweet time.

I feel slightly overpowered, as a result of some over-zealous grinding. But I'm not worried. I'm sure this won't be my only journey Lothric, and of course I still have the rest of the Souls games to come.

I'm going with a big tough Knight. I poured a disproportionate amount of points into strength, so I need to bump up a few more stats. What do you suggest? Obviously it's Vigor, Endurance and Vitality as I've no interest in magic, but should I take a balanced approach and just keep adding to each, or, for example, will I just consecutively raise Endurance to give me a more immediate spike in that area?

Finally, is 25 Endurance enough to see me through to the end? I'll also have to do some work on Dexterity because there's some classy weapons I'd like to try out. I've heard about a soft-cap of 40 for Strength and Dexterity. Does that apply to any other areas?

Edit: Just realised I forgot to post my info. Just after shutting down the PS so I'll post back here later.

Thanks.

Pickpocket wrote: »
    I've heard about a soft-cap of 40 for Strength and Dexterity. Does that apply to any other areas?.
    Everything except vitality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

F*ck
    The Nameless King

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭RTighe

Anyone know a handy place for soul farming? Have shield of want and ring for soul gathering

Thanks

RTighe wrote: »
    Anyone know a handy place for soul farming? Have shield of want and ring for soul gathering

Thanks
    Depends where you are really but a reliable anywhere farming method is to stick a summon sign down outside a recently beaten boss.

Evade wrote: »
    Depends where you are really but a reliable anywhere farming method is to stick a summon sign down outside a recently beaten boss.

Pretty much doing that now. Have str and Dex @ 45 using the ring bonuses. Trying to boost vigor and health now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

RTighe wrote:
    I found the bonfire before Aldrich handy, one arrow and the knight on the far platform would fall/jump off. 4000 souls before the shield/ring. Reset and repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Thanks

I guess it depends on how far into the game you are

I'm sure there are quicker and more generous areas, but I got into a nice little groove culling the two Knights on the steps at Anor Londo. I can't recall what it works out at per minute, maybe 7-8000, but I spent about 30 minutes there and I bumped my strength up 3 or 4 notches.

Not a spectacular return, but worthwhile.

Thanks for the replies folks. Doing a slow grind with a boss for a stackload of medals. Looking for a certain something! ☺

Pretty much doing that now. Have str and Dex @ 45 using the ring bonuses. Trying to boost vigor and health now
    The difference between 40 and 45 is negligible so unless you need 45 to wield your current weapon those ring slots could probably be put to better use.

Evade wrote: »
    The difference between 40 and 45 is negligible so unless you need 45 to wield your current weapon those ring slots could probably be put to better use.

Might just do that and see what else could be boosted. Playing as a regular knight

Might just do that and see what else could be boosted. Playing as a regular knight
    I use the same build. I (almost) always have ring of favour and chloranthy equiped. The other two are pretty situational but for wandering around I'll usually have ring of steel protection and covetous silver. If there are a lot of enemy or environment hazzards I'll put on ones that increase whatever resistances would be best. If I'm running unusually heavy weapons I'll stick on Havel's ring instead of or as well as ring of favour.

EDIT: I misread your post. Pump up the physical stats, vigor, endurance, and vitality. 40 caps apply to vigor and endurance too. I have some points in faith too so I can cast weapon buffs and such.

Getting approx 25k souls in a few minutes at
    the Giant.
    Use ring and shield of want to bring it close to that. Just gets repetitive but each dagger is also 1000 souls...

• Advertisement

So just wondering. What stats have the soft cap applied? Ste and dex. Any others?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

So just wondering. What stats have the soft cap applied? Ste and dex. Any others?

Everything except Vit

Everything except Vit

Thank ya kindly good sir!

Your advice worked a treat.
    Beat him first time after the reroll, back to exploring now instead of grinding - cheers.

If you want to see it in action next time you respec pump 99 points into something without committing to it obviously and see how little you benefit after 40 , I think regards health you get something like an extra 200 between 40 and 99 can't recall exactly but not what you'd expect to gain in 59 levels lol.

If you want to see it in action next time you respec pump 99 points into something without committing to it obviously and see how little you benefit after 40 , I think regards health you get something like an extra 200 between 40 and 99 can't recall exactly but not what you'd expect to gain in 59 levels lol.

Hmmm don't think I have the year to grind!!! Though it would be interesting to see the hit percentages of a character with say core stats for a weapon loaded to 99.

Hmmm don't think I have the year to grind!!! Though it would be interesting to see the hit percentages of a character with say core stats for a weapon loaded to 99.

Ah no you wouldn't have to do that , just if you need to respec try putting all points into one stat to see it DON'T PRESS A to commit them lol :D

Ah no you wouldn't have to do that , just if you need to respec try putting all points into one stat to see it DON'T PRESS A to commit them lol :D

Ah! Understand now. Currently playing drunk souls 3! ðŸ˜

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

In DS2 my character never went past level 150 but I regularly beat players in PvP who had 99 in every single stat, shows how negligible the benefits are once you go above the soft caps as I was far from a pro.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    In DS2 my character never went past level 150 but I regularly beat players in PvP who had 99 in every single stat, shows how negligible the benefits are once you go above the soft caps as I was far from a pro.

You probably had more skill versus their over confidence

Advertisement