Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

RTighe wrote: »
    You probably had more skill versus their over confidence

I don't know about that, I used poison and subterfuge a lot of the time :P Learning how to parry was a big one too, a lot of the time I couldn't actually hurt them with normal attacks but a critical attack with a dagger pretty much one shots everyone if you can get the parry in....used to get a lot of hatemail from fast rolling, full havels, duel ultragreatsword wielding types on the odd occasion I didn't get flattened :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

where should i go to be able to have a group face off between differenct players

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭RTighe

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't know about that, I used poison and subterfuge a lot of the time :P Learning how to parry was a big one too, a lot of the time I couldn't actually hurt them with normal attacks but a critical attack with a dagger pretty much one shots everyone if you can get the parry in....used to get a lot of hatemail from fast rolling, full havels, duel ultragreatsword wielding types on the odd occasion I didn't get flattened :o

I've been one shotted by a few like that. "30 seconds in, yes nearly have this guy, stabby stabby, WTF?" Cue herself and dogs being awoken by a strange howling in the night

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I don't think I've ever carried off a parry.
    Nope not once in any of the games. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

This game definitely has me by the bollocks. I'm not great at it, at cathedral of the deep after about 20 hours. Bought Blops and Witcher 3 on Friday and the most they got was a few hours. Have to say The Witcher does look good though but no matter how many times I die on Souls 3 I'm back playing it, mental.

Will surely pump a few more hours in today!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I pumped a few hours into The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth over the weekend. Permadeath, randomly generated environments and an obscure item system really keep you on your toes.

It was interesting playing another 'brutal' game in light of my first Souls play-through. I don't want to stretch the comparison too far because clearly they're very different games, but at least From Software allow you moments of peace. Isaac is just relentless even though it feels a lot lighter, despite the grim imagery.

I don't want to go off-topic, but as a brief digression can you think of any other (new-ish) games that actually show how forgiving DS3 is, relatively speaking?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Nioh had a demo on the PSN store this week, it is crazy hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Some lunatic on Reddit beat every boss on SL1 without rolling, blocking or parrying.

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4ie57w/all_bosses_at_sl1_without_rolling_blocking_or/

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭RTighe

Do not try and play this game while attempting to quit smoking.........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

anybody fancy grinding mound makers easy with me?

EDIT: please, its a ****ing nightmare to grind

invade world

get killed by 3 guys

everytime

EDIT EDIT: im on PS4

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    anybody fancy grinding mound makers easy with me?

EDIT: please, its a ****ing nightmare to grind

invade world

get killed by 3 guys

everytime

Were you on Xbox or Ps4 ? I can help if you have Xbox.

ah yeah, ****, forgot to say, im on PS4 :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Did you try putting down a red soapstone sign just after the pontiff bonfire? You won't get ganked (often) and will still get shackles if you win. I'm Xbox too unfortunately or I'd help you out.

its cool got it solo, did just that, problem was i kept getting invited to those fight clubs, ya dont really get any in there

ah well, took all day but only one more achieve to go, an easy one too, should have it done today :)

Have to admit taking a break now for a few days. After everyones help here to get past the last boss I am not at the next two - one optional and to say I am dying a lot is an understatement. Figure a change will do me some good. Shame was loving exploring the two new areas all the way until the 2 fog gates. Queue enjoyment plummeting rapidly - especially when I was swiped off the
    bridge
    , which freaked me out as my health was doing well and I had the boss down to 50% in next to no time - not getting anywhere near that again but as I said a break for a while is called for.

Taltos wrote: »
    Have to admit taking a break now for a few days. After everyones help here to get past the last boss I am not at the next two - one optional and to say I am dying a lot is an understatement. Figure a change will do me some good. Shame was loving exploring the two new areas all the way until the 2 fog gates. Queue enjoyment plummeting rapidly - especially when I was swiped off the
    bridge
    , which freaked me out as my health was doing well and I had the boss down to 50% in next to no time - not getting anywhere near that again but as I said a break for a while is called for.

Which boss you at?
    Dragon Slayer Armour?

That's one and then the
    first boss again who I had no issues first time around
    - I know I had some issues in DS2 and Bloodborne with one or two bosses but this is getting crazy now. As to parrying - just never ever got that to work in any of the games, maybe my reaction speeds are just too low.

Ratchett & Clank time I think.

Taltos wrote: »
    That's one and then the
    first boss again who I had no issues first time around
    - I know I had some issues in DS2 and Bloodborne with one or two bosses but this is getting crazy now. As to parrying - just never ever got that to work in any of the games, maybe my reaction speeds are just too low.

Ratchett & Clank time I think.

Oh that so and so has some awful new tricks he will attempt
    to grab you
    at every chance.

I had to summon the
    swordmaster
    NPC there to save my sanity. The amount of times I have him below half health and a loads of estus to use only to be wiped out wasn't funny. The fight is very easy though with an NPC to draw his agro. The sign is near the fog gate I think assuming you
    Killed him already at firelink shrine.

Even with that NPC... Not funny at all. Hence taking a small time away just to refind the joy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Make sure the tv isin game mode if you try to parry. It's near impossible with a laggy tv.

• Advertisement

So much for taking a break.
    One down, one nearly down again... Damn but that final phase just trashed me, and when the battle started I got kicked offline so no chance of asking a friendly phantom to come in and battle with me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Anor Londo myself and not loving this boss at all.
    Silver Knights are poxy cheating lousers!

Feeling your pain.
    That is where I was when the team above suggested I respec my character. Even after doing that it took me a good few attempts but have to admit I'm not enjoying the bosses since that point at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Currently working on
    Dancer of the Boreal Valley
    . At times the fight feels pretty cheap with some of the moves but then its probably just me being bad and missing queues to dodge or being too greedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

JD1763 wrote: »
    Currently working on
    Dancer of the Boreal Valley
    . At times the fight feels pretty cheap with some of the moves but then its probably just me being bad and missing queues to dodge or being too greedy.

All of his attacks except the charge can be dodged pretty easily, he's got lots of telegraphing in his melee attacks, slow down I'd say

Thought this was pretty cool. Shows every area in the game so be warned in case of spoilers if you haven't finished the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZnBp8slRyI

All of his attacks except the charge can be dodged pretty easily, he's got lots of telegraphing in his melee attacks, slow down I'd say

Or you can do what I did out of frustration
    hug his knees and blast him with dark magic

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Old demon king took me forever to beat. I got killed by his bull**** final attack as well, nightmares of the ninja gaiden 2 turtle boss came back to me.

So finally got him down to using that final attack again, saw it come, rolled away and clipped into his mace and couldn't move. I was screaming blue murder at the screen and rolling like crazy to get away. Explosion goes off and I somehow managed to i-frame through it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

Ah, so that's what embers do :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, turns out if Seigward is killed during the Yhorm bass battle that's all folks.
    So now I'm stuck with a tough enemy and no assistance.
    Bugger.
    And I'm running out of ember :(

Advertisement