Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, turns out if Seigward is killed during the Yhorm bass battle that's all folks.
    So now I'm stuck with a tough enemy and no assistance.
    Bugger.
    And I'm running out of ember :(
    Did you pick up the
    Storm Ruler sword
    in the boss room?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

So got 100% trophy on this and continued leveling my second character, heavy agility, secondary int and im kinda struggling with keeping up interest to play. Might leave it until DLC as im finding the PvP unsatisfactory, if im not getting over run by 2-3 people the lag ruins it either way.

Beautiful game though, kinda wish they done something similar to the chalice dungeons in bloodborne, that really gave the longevity of that game an extra umph!

Bloody great game all the same :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well, turns out if Seigward is killed during the Yhorm bass battle that's all folks.
    Bugger.

Once you figure out how to beat him you'll kick yourself :P
    Use the special attack on the Storm Ruler sword, you need to hold the weapon art button until it's fully charged though, was Left triker on xbox
    nix wrote: »
    So got 100% trophy on this and continued leveling my second character, heavy agility, secondary int and im kinda struggling with keeping up interest to play. Might leave it until DLC as im finding the PvP unsatisfactory, if im not getting over run by 2-3 people the lag ruins it either way.

Beautiful game though, kinda wish they done something similar to the chalice dungeons in bloodborne, that really gave the longevity of that game an extra umph!

Bloody great game all the same :)

Yeah once I had the last achievement I pretty much stopped dead, even DS2 I ended up putting almost double the hours into (250 compared to 130 this time around) because the PvP was so good and I never even played the DLC for it. I still think DS3 was a better game in general though and can't wait for the expansions

Bugger.

Hmmmm I was sure he'd be back if you restarted the fight though in my run it might have been me that died not him, anyway be sure to reload the area or travel away and back after the fight.

The key to victory is in that room
    pick up the sword in the back beside the throne and use it's special attack
    it's an easy fight once you work out what to do / the gimmick. Probably my favorite moment in the game for me because of the NPC , just hope you don't get screwed out of a feels moment because Sieg died on you there.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hmmmm I was sure he'd be back if you restarted the fight though in my run it might have been me that died not him, anyway be sure to reload the area or travel away and back after the fight.

The key to victory is in that room
    pick up the sword in the back beside the throne and use it's special attack
    it's an easy fight once you work out what to do / the gimmick. Probably my favorite moment in the game for me because of the NPC , just hope you don't get screwed out of a feels moment because Sieg died on you there.

If you die he'll still be there if he dies he's gone, happened to me in NG+. His sword was on the ground when I entered the arena after dieing myself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, he's dead, I picked up his armour from the corner where he snuffed it :(
    Not being one of these solo merchants, I quite happily embered up, used the finger, and summoned a pair of bad asses, then proceeded to kick the living sh1t out of the giant.
    Very satisfying indeed.
    I got to see Seigward's intro scene as I passed the fog wall, but I'll have to rely on Youtube for what happens next.

Yeah, he's dead, I picked up his armour from the corner where he snuffed it :(
    Not being one of these solo merchants, I quite happily embered up, used the finger, and summoned a pair of bad asses, then proceeded to kick the living sh1t out of the giant.
    Very satisfying indeed.
    I got to see Seigward's intro scene as I passed the fog wall, but I'll have to rely on Youtube for what happens next.

I got you covered

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Calex%20dEUS/video/17023208

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Powered through over the weekend. Upgraded my Dark Sword and Butchers Knife to +10 which has helped a lot. The knife is great for breaking the guard of shield carrying enemies but its heavy attack is terrible.

Currently in
    Archdragon Peak with that bloody dragonriding numpty. The hitbox and camera problems with that boss are very very frustrating, also getting framerate drops as my pc struggles to cope with the clouds in the arena which doesn't help

I've messed up
    Anris quest. I met her in the Catacombs and killed Horace in Smouldering Lake but when I went back to see her in the Catacombs there was only an indicator where she was standing but I couldn't interact with it. Turns out she'd moved to Yorshka so spoke with her there but the assassin never turned up. So looks like the quest line is dead which is disappointing. Just have to wait until NG+

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Don't Lock for that, its actually fairly easy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

JD1763 wrote: »
    I've messed up
    Anris quest. I met her in the Catacombs and killed Horace in Smouldering Lake but when I went back to see her in the Catacombs there was only an indicator where she was standing but I couldn't interact with it. Turns out she'd moved to Yorshka so spoke with her there but the assassin never turned up. So looks like the quest line is dead which is disappointing. Just have to wait until NG+

Head back to Firelink and talk to the dark sigil dealing lassie, and head off before talking again. You should get all the info you need to move the tale of Anri along, assuming you are cursed that is.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the tip but I missed the whole dark sigil thing as well and went too far in the game before I realised what I'd done. Ah well its an excuse for a ng+ playthrough if nothing else.

Well, I'm on the final boss at last.
    Have to say, I really suck at these games.
    I don't think I solo'd more than one boss in the thing, and I pegged it past many of the tougher knights, cheesed some fire demons with arrows or just having them stupidly fall of the edge of the structure they've been occupying for decades.
    I've enjoyed it all immensely, and using ember and dried finger, have enjoyed wailing on bosses with two or three partners in crime, having a ball!
    This guy isn't the toughest, but I figured I'd end as I played, in company, and just got myself stupidly killed there, mere moments from his own death cinematic.... eejit that I am!
    But I did it with a smile on my face, and I look forward to cracking open the other Souls games afterwards.
    But, given their age I predict it'll be a lonely affair, I don't suppose there are that many still playing Dark Souls on the 360, or the follow up on the PS3, nor the original Demon's Souls on the same console.
    I shall... Prepare to die!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You don't have a PC do you Cider? You can normally find a partner in DkS on it

You don't have a PC do you Cider? You can normally find a partner in DkS on it

Well, I do, but it's just a internet/office/Plex machine, not a gaming rig by any stretch.
    Perhaps I'll await their inevitable remasters over the coming year.

Well, I do, but it's just a internet/office/Plex machine, not a gaming rig by any stretch.
    Perhaps I'll await their inevitable remasters over the coming year.

I've a download code for Dark Souls 1 on Xbox, it's backwards compatible so you can play it on the One. Yours if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I tried a solo run on DS NG + recently on Xbox 360 and there was a summon sign outside Ornstein and slough. Didn't check any others. Demon Souls was pretty empty last year though.

Woohoo!
    That's that!
    Only one co-op buddy, after Anri stepped off the edge of the world to her death.... numpty!
    I didn't explore everything, might go back and have a nosey in my own time.
    Now to finally go and play something else!
    At this point, I've played so much, I'm linking fires and fighting Lords of Cinder in my sleep!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I've a download code for Dark Souls 1 on Xbox, it's backwards compatible so you can play it on the One. Yours if you want it.

Wow, you sure?
    That'd be smashing!
    Would I get the same thing if I pop my 360 copy of DS into my XB1?
    If so, best hang onto the code for someone else!

Wow, you sure?
    That's be smashing!
    Would I get the same thing if I pop my 360 copy of DS into my XB1?
    If so, best hang onto the code for someone else!

If you have DS on disk you shouldn't need a code to play it on the one as far as I know. :)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If you have DS on disk you shouldn't need a code to play it on the one as far as I know. :)

Correct it will download the game and run it from the hard drive and just use the disc for license check on launching the game

• Advertisement

Just did that, and died again...
    But at least my save sync'd up and I got a shortcut opened!
    Now, to resurrect the Dark Souls thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Just did that, and died again... But at least my save sync'd up and I got a shortcut opened! Now, to resurrect the Dark Souls thread!

Its still such a great game, far better than its sequels in my opinion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

What the hell is going on? Ciderman has beaten a From Software game before me? What has the world come to?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    What the hell is going on? Ciderman has beaten a From Software game before me? What has the world come to?

Don't let me down like that Retr0!

I may not have any respect over on the Arcade&Retro forum, but here in the Nintendo Den they don't know any different!
    I have respect, my opinion holds some currency here.
    If you let them know just how incompetent a games player I am I'll be shunned, pointed at in the street and laughed at, just like in A&R!

Firewarrior FTW!

You mean your professional tips, phrased like a season Dark Souls veteran, was all a sham?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

JD1763 wrote: »
    You mean your professional tips, phrased like a season Dark Souls veteran, was all a sham?!

This is the man that got me to beat the Capra Demon for him. He has no shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

So at least 10 hours now on that god awful
    armour
    I've no NPCs to call.
    I've tried various weapon sets. I did get close once or twice but then ripped from my jaws.

Thinking I'm going to have to relent and invite someone in next time I get a stable connection - not at all right now.

I've even danced about in just shorts and a helmet to boost my rolling, beyond fun now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Taltos wrote: »
    So at least 10 hours now on that god awful
    armour
    I've no NPCs to call.

Did you free
    Irina of Carim
    ?

If you did you can summon
    Morne of Carim
    for the fight. His summon sign is towards the elevator area to the right of the
    Armour
    Boss fog.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Cravez wrote: »
    Did you free
    Irina of Carim
    ?

If you did you can summon
    Morne of Carim
    for the fight. His summon sign is towards the elevator area to the right of the
    Armour
    Boss fog.

Yup. But I messed up both storylines of the two NPCs I could have summoned.
    No backtracking there I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

What did you mess up? The only thing that can mess up Irina's storyline is if you gave her a
    Dark Tomb
    AND bought a
    Dark Miracle

If you gave her a
    Dark Tomb
    but didn't buy a
    Dark Miracle
    you're still ok.

Advertisement