Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I know that now :)
    As I said too bloody late.
    She's gone...

Taltos wrote: »
    I know that now :)
    As I said too bloody late.
    She's gone...
    Morne
    should be spoiling for a fight so , think near the
    1st boss of the game
    if I recall.

ooh - might go have a wander over there for a change so - cheers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Where would be the cheapest place to get this for P.C?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Where would be the cheapest place to get this for P.C?

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/dark-souls-iii-steam-key--2978-1?ref=itad

Check isthereanydeal.com for future bargains ;) Its €45 now but has been cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/dark-souls-iii-steam-key--2978-1?ref=itad

Check isthereanydeal.com for future bargains ;) Its €45 now but has been cheaper

Cheers :)

Cheers :)

€38 on cdkeys I think

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Finished the game with my warrior this evening and took the normal ending. Holding off on NG+ until I finish off a few things and in particular that stubborn last optional boss. Have his phase 1 down but still figuring out his phase 2.

Have started a new deprived play through - there's no greater satisfaction than killing a lordric knight with a stick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    This is the man that got me to beat the Capra Demon for him. He has no shame.

You said you'd never tell!
    And it was the Hydra... get your story straight!

Finally did it. Got the blighter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭RTighe

Finally!!!! now for Ng+. Is there something to be said for those who play dark souls are masochists?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

RTighe wrote: »
    Finally!!!! now for Ng+. Is there something to be said for those who play dark souls are masochists?

I prefer to say Dark Souls is a series for people that actually like videogames :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭RTighe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I prefer to say Dark Souls is a series for people that actually like videogames :)

That I'd agree with also.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Just reached Aldrich.

Struggling to get more than a hit in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

noodler wrote: »
    Just reached Aldrich.

Struggling to get more than a hit in.

I just got there too... Fcuk!

What kind of build are you guys running? I really only had issues with the
    arrows
    , they track so don't run away roll/run around in a wide circle while locked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

The arrows are the hardest part of the fight given they track. But its well telegraphed when he raises his staff in the air so just make sure you have the stamina needed to keep rolling until it runs out. When attacking you need to roll behind him and attack his tail then dodge his response. Watch out for signs that he's going for a physical instead of magical attack and be ready to roll away from his AOE as he starts his teleport.

Retreat to the centre of the room when he teleports to one of the corners or to the central altar and be ready to move towards him when he re-appears. In phase 2 he'll have a flame trail behind him but you can just roll through to dodge it and again go for the tail.

I found the real key for this fight was not running out of stamina so you always had enough to dodge his attacks and in particular the arrows. But I do suck at souls so might be better off watching one of the boss guides on youtube!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm currently stuck on that boss as well. Since I'm using ultra great swords this run I find I can only afford to swing once at him so I can have the stamina to roll away from his next attack. Keeps getting me with a bull**** arrow attack though but it's only a matter of time before I get him.

He always teleports to the corner furthest from you.

I had to respec my character on that boss, tips from the folks here a few pages back...
    Served me pretty well until Lothric.

High HP is key in that fight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The arrow rain in that fight is one of those moments in every From game where it goes from being the standard 'tough but fair' to the much rarer 'tough and unfair'. It just lasts for too long, and the fact that Aldrich is attacking away with other magic attacks all the while makes it even more frustrating.

Still, once I switched my tactics from futilely trying a ranged battle to getting as close as possible it only took me two or three turns to get it in the end - don't think he even used the arrow attack in the last battle as I was able to get close enough before he triggered it. I don't recall whether I was using magic up close or my short sword, but yeah would definitely advise trying either of them if you're having stamina problems with the fight. Outside that arrow attack, it's one of the more manageable fights IMO.

• Advertisement

The first time he used the arrow attack is the only time I got hit, the sideways tracking isn't fantastic iirc, just roll straight to the sides

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The arrow rain in that fight is one of those moments in every From game where it goes from being the standard 'tough but fair' to the much rarer 'tough and unfair'. It just lasts for too long, and the fact that Aldrich is attacking away with other magic attacks all the while makes it even more frustrating.

This was the crux of it so far for me.

Got him down to 1/4 and had gotten the hang of the tracking arrows and then the fourth time I dodged them I rolled into a plasma blast which really seemed setup to attack in the area I was rolling to.

Ill get it though.

Nothing unfair about the arrow rain. It's just a pain to get out of the way! Really gets on my nerves when it stops tracking at the end, that caught me out a few times.

Ultra greatswords really make these games so much tougher. I should have went for a dex build first! (**** auto correct for changing dex to sexy!)

Still really tempted to get But I have bloodborne unplayed so I'm thinking maybe I'll start with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Still really tempted to get But I have bloodborne unplayed so I'm thinking maybe I'll start with that?

Yes, i consider Bloodborne a far better game to the souls games, cooler weapons and just alot more to do in them, and more fun :)

nix wrote: »
    Yes, i consider Bloodborne a far better game to the souls games, cooler weapons and just alot more to do in them, and more fun :)

All 12 of the Bloodborne weapons yeah? The cane in the only one that holds a candle to the Blacksteel Katana :pac:

To each their own of course, personally I'd pick this up while the community is still cracking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

After my run through DS3 I got a hankering to start a new character in bloodborne as I never did the dlc (went for the cane before switching to the whirlisaw) Really enjoyed the run through it and on the last doc boss now. Bloodborne is a great game!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

All depends on what people have played already, I suppose. I think Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne are the two everybody should play, and then Dark Souls 3 and Dark Souls 2 (slightly backwards order there :pac:) if those two win you over. DS1 and BB are two unique masterpieces, and I think to a certain degree DS3, for all its refinements, and tweaks is a little bit 'more of the same'. Of course the same is incredible in this case, but didn't get the same rush or sense of discovery from it as I did with Bloodborne (not to mention I find BB's world, lore and art design significantly more interesting).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

All 12 of the Bloodborne weapons yeah? The cane in the only one that holds a candle to the Blacksteel Katana :pac:

To each their own of course, personally I'd pick this up while the community is still cracking

12? I count 26, thats excluding guns :pac:

Dark souls has more but ALOT are the same with different skin but do the same thing :P

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    12? I count 26, thats excluding guns :pac:

Dark souls has more but ALOT are the same with different skin but do the same thing :P

Twas a joke ;) I'm a massive Blood borne fan I just get more mileage from Souls

Advertisement